UPSB v4

Off-topic / Physics Project

1. chlsps
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 05:24:42

Hi everybody, i'm going to present a project connected with different physical laws, and i'm thinking about choosing a topic about penspinning... It can be an experiment.. Can you leave here some ideas of how to present and physical laws connected with penspinning... sorry if i have some grammar mistakes

2. Newbie
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 07:17:24

Resultant force when palm down around?

3. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 08:01:18

Just talk about momentum and gravity envolved in ps, try asking strat

4. Twine
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 08:55:26

Rotational inertia, torque, momentum, friction, heat, sound.

5. Enkronidus
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:14:03

Circular Motion/Rotational Motion, Energy, Momentum and some stuff involved with Newton's laws should do

6. Reason
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:21:54

i did a project on psing for science fair. i got 2nd place. the easiest way would be to focus on rotary motion and rotary inertia and explain by using power trick. i think the palmspin ~> flta illustrated my point well when i was describing

7. Mats
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 12:07:56

You could use pi r ^ 2 to find the circumference the pen pen traces during a TA and then assuming it takes 0.5 of a second to go around, you can work out a velocity in ms-1 (v = d / t). You can do a leigun and estimate (or measure) its speed and then from the mass of the pen, work out the momentum of the leigun (p = mv). You can also estimate an acceleration and then use Newton's second law (f = ma) to work out the force you applied to the pen. You could also work out the gravitational potential energy of the pen. (GPE = mgh).

8. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 13:56:14

Torque and inertia relate pretty much directly to pen spinning, (seeing how a pen can kind of be modeled by a rod) :).

9. Giotto
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 14:11:23

Hmm..perhaps momentum or how much power do you have to use to make pen go round or which angle and how strong do we have to do to make a good aerial tricks.. or something like how hard do you have to push you pen to make the anti-gravity trick...

10. King
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 14:59:52

Hold up. Arent you that fuck who cheated?

11. Raos
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 01:39:06

What they said. Rotational Motion, Momentum (Angular probably), Angular Velocity, Inertia, Gravity, Kinetic Energy, Torque, Flux maybe(?), stuff like that

12. chlsps
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 19:34:48

Thank you all for your answers:) it is very helpful for me