UPSB v4

General Discussion / What keeps you spinning?

1. Lovestruck
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 04:53:10

I haven't been PSing as much as I should lately, but maybe that's because I lost nearly all my mods by mistake and have been for some reason horribly depressed over that. So I had to make them from scratch, and they're of course just the same but it doesn't feel right at all. I stopped learning tricks for a while and my mind wandered off. And I thought, "sure, I love penspinning... But what's the point?" Of course I want to get better, of course I wanna (somehow) rise to the top... But I don't have any reason or motivation to. (Or maybe I do, but I don't think that's a valid reason) So, I want to ask. What keeps you penspinning? (Out of curiosity, that's all)

2. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 05:00:54

Just pen spin if you want to. I spin whenever I have free time (every 5 minutes, no joke). Maybe you're just ready to retire. Whenever spinners retire, they spin less and less until they stop, and everyone retires eventually... what a sad thought... Oh, right, SAIZEN keeps me spinning, I'm a SAIZEN fanboy and he's very easily my favorite spinner. His style is phenominal and whenever see him doing a cool link, I wanna do it too, but I don't want to copy off of him totally, just minor links or combos that look like his, and being a lefty spinner would be cool. I'm better on my right hand, unfortunately, but I can stil spin on my left hand, just not as good as SAIZEN, did I mention I love him? I hope SAIZEN reads this someday.... But if you have a favorite spinner, try and obsere his/her style. And, linking different tricks and toying with the possibilities is entertaining sometimes.

3. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 06:00:03

Lovestruck wrote: What keeps you penspinning?
    1. i enjoy it :D 2. i want to learn everything and explore new concepts, to become good enough to perform the crazy ideas my mind has created ^^ 3. the thrill of competition, battles, pushing yourself beyond what you think is impossible but enjoyment is by far the most important, even when i've stopped learning new things (although i hope this never happens), and when i stop competing or making as many videos, i'll still spin because it's fun ^^ 4. there's some people i really want to battle/beat/surpass (spinnerpeem, supawit), and i have to keep spinning to ensure i am good enough when our fated battles arrive xD

4. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 06:36:47

i.suk wrote: 1. i enjoy it :D 2. i want to learn everything and explore new concepts, to become good enough to perform the crazy ideas my mind has created ^^ 3. the thrill of competition, battles, pushing yourself beyond what you think is impossible but enjoyment is by far the most important, even when i've stopped learning new things (although i hope this never happens), and when i stop competing or making as many videos, i'll still spin because it's fun ^^ 4. there's some people i really want to battle/beat/surpass (spinnerpeem, supawit), and i have to keep spinning to ensure i am good enough when our fated battles arrive xD
    Imo, you have far surpassed supawit and peem

5. MondPs
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 06:44:53

i.suk wrote: 1. i enjoy it :D 2. i want to learn everything and explore new concepts, to become good enough to perform the crazy ideas my mind has created ^^ 3. the thrill of competition, battles, pushing yourself beyond what you think is impossible but enjoyment is by far the most important, even when i've stopped learning new things (although i hope this never happens), and when i stop competing or making as many videos, i'll still spin because it's fun ^^ 4. there's some people i really want to battle/beat/surpass (spinnerpeem, supawit), and i have to keep spinning to ensure i am good enough when our fated battles arrive xD
    we have the same :D

6. EffecT
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 08:26:12

the first thing is i enjoy it. i create my own style, trying to learn to make something new like the legends.

7. Quake
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 08:41:45

UPSB is the only reason i keep spinning. Even though its rare. I love this forum, the members, the discussions, the groups, the new people you meet, etc. Thus I want to keep spinning in order to stay current. Ya dig?

8. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 09:32:31

1. I love creating stuffs with pen spinning 2. I enjoy doing it

9. Obstracized
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:30:14

1. Doing something awesome with a Pen/Pencil. 2. Enjoying what you spin. 3. Creating New Concepts/Ideas/Linkages/Tricks. 4. Developing and Improving Styles. 5. Motivational people like i.Suk, Sekai, A13x, etc.

10. [TGN]
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:58:27

@Pixels @ppm <3333

11. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:01:11

A mix of boredom and habit. Sure spinning can be very fun, but so can other things I do.

12. FingerNotPen
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:01:27

i spin because i love it, enjoy it,its a skills that its fun to do with everyone.

13. Wikero
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 15:36:23

well I don't know my reasons >_< I said kinda 3 or 4 times "I want to quit psing" but I still doing .-. maybe i'm just retard... anyways, gl finding your reason :)

14. astronaut
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 20:10:47

One does not simply quit pen spinning without recognizing nearly every pen you see, never looking at pens the same way again, or looking at colorguard/baton twirling the same way. I continue to spin, because, I want to achieve something related to pen spinning before I quit. And since I will not be posting pictures of my FSs or pen collection, that means the only other thing to achieve is live performance/competition. I think the reason you are quitting, I think is because nobody around you spins to motivate you. But I am probably wrong and this opinion is gonna bring on a lot of haters.

15. Demetrius
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 21:39:56

what keeps me spinning is ppm lol im a huge fan of him, and when i realize that i am going to always have some sort of writing utensil in my hand and will feel the urge to do what i have learned, SPIN DAT PEN!!!!!!

16. UkPSkU
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 00:10:48

Take a break I picked up pen spinning I think it was a year ago but stopped after like 3 months, started back up again a few months later. and found this site made an account and here i am but I'm rambling, so why I ps: 1). It interests me 2). It's unique and u can spin in all kinds of different ways 3). I friggin' love it 4). Impress people, when I spin in school I get two reactions: the first being a dafuq look and the other is pure amazement and that's a nice feeling :) 5). It helps with my dispraxia ( nope not made up it causes me to be incredibly OCD and makes me have the worst hand eye co-ordination ever and also have am addictive personality) That's why I spin :) @DangoodwinzIFP

17. flaming oracle
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 01:37:26

1. its fun 2. i know i can do better 3. makes me feel accomplished 4. its what makes me unique for me being the only spinner at where i live :D

18. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 02:31:51

Newton's first law.

19. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 02:37:40

@Zkhan makes me keep spinning

20. Giotto
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 15:48:16

probably because it's fun.but i might have lost interest in it a bit for a while but i'm getting back to it now cause i saw new tricks and collabs.and that makes me want to get back to ps again.it's really fun when you learning and practising new tricks. and all the time that i didn't learn new tricks.i still spin.cause all that i've learnt still stay with me.i just did it out of nowhere. hope you find your motivation^_^ Edit: Also don't want to look back and see that it such a good old days that i want to go back...and regret..

21. Enkronidus
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 18:41:26

It's hard to say. I guess it's because it's fun and I wanted to be able to do something cool that normal people can't, but now I always have a pride of myself and I just want to keep up with the world standard. :) I pen spin casually, but at the same time it feels pretty... you know, a bit more than the word 'casual' describes but not 'serious'. Also, I won't leave UPSB cause this board is pretty cool. With all these people around, you guys make it even harder for me to actually 'quit' xD

22. Xitra
    Date: Tue, Feb 12 2013 10:54:28

The thing that keeps me spinning...is the thought of a pen spinning. It seems abstract even to myself what keeps me spinning. Its really just the thought of a pen spinning :D Try to picture a pen spinning around in your mind.

23. Solar
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 09:36:29

power of taking the boredom away motivates me to continue spinning :)

24. BriGuyC
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 04:20:25

I spin because I want to kill boredom and cause it looks cool.

25. swike
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 07:28:26

Just becouse I love this "art"and it's funny when you spin a pen,and as you reach a better level on ps, you take it more seriously. Anyways,penspinning isn't just spin a pen with your hand/s.

26. DioBrando
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 08:56:37

the ladies

27. utkarsh
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 09:47:36

I just enjoy it The feeling I get every moment that I still can improve is what has kept me spinning for more than 2 years. I never felt like this for any other art. Probably the reason can be that there is not as much creativity and freedom in them like its in pen spinning. I would never stop this hobby of mine come what may xD

28. Eternity
    Date: Fri, Mar 8 2013 05:58:43

Same situation here, actually - lost mods, didn't have materials to remod anything, swamped with schoolwork, etc. I suppose what keeps me spinning is the fact that it's a challenge, even if just a small one? In PS you do learn something new every day, or get closer to learning it. It's a brilliant way of spending your time.

29. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, Mar 8 2013 06:05:23

Love

30. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Mar 8 2013 11:39:54

i guess whenever i spin, it places me in a world where all i can focus on is one thing. Everything else numbs out...im forced to focus on the tricks....Thats one important aspect...that kept me spinning earlier on.