UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Pen Modding World Tournament: Round 3 PICTURES! (problem with website)

1. Saurkk
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 19:30:49

Hi! Here will be the pictures, got some problems with the website atm... --'. Modder 1: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/06/1360178656-modder-1.jpg Modder 2: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/06/1360178671-modder-2.png Weight: ~12g Length: 16,5cm Modder 3: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/06/1360178699-modder-3.png Weight: 21g Length: 18,5cm Modder 4: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/06/1360178681-modder-4.png http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQLLJN4cCks Modder 5: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/06/1360178845-modder-5-1.jpg Modder 6: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/06/1360178833-modder-6.png

2. Mats
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 19:51:59

Great mods guys!!!

3. Syrti
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 20:03:33

Ok, serious statement: I am very disappointed. Yes the theme was literally spoken "crap" but most of the results are as well. The Dick Mod definetely hit the theme best but it's still not well designed. Unfortanetly 'theme' isn't the only judging point. Mr.Dart is the cleanest mod this round but is not the funniest one. Gangnam Mod is...crap. Sorry to say this but that mod is far away from what I would call PMWT standart. Neeble Rot is cool but doesn't really match the theme. Btw @V-T you shouldn't put your name on the upper left corner, you know? ;) Q-Tip Mod is my favorite this round. Well built and funny concept. Only disadvantage: It's freakin long :D Angry Birds Mod would be so cool with a bettter constructed catapult. This way it's just meh... Predicition: 1# Q-Tip Mod 2# Mr.Dart 3# The Dick Mod 4# Angry Birds Mod 5# Neeble Rot 6# Gangnam Mod

4. Demetrius
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 21:32:12

really? the dick mod?

5. Vôre-tèx
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 21:37:51

Btw @V-T you shouldn't put your name on the upper left corner, you know?
    No, i didn't know. T-T"

6. Migi
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 21:48:15

Why a PMWT in Penspinning, when not one of the shown pens is spinable?

7. F1r3Fly
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 22:29:03

sad round :( not worth for world tournament :(

8. flaming oracle
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 05:09:33

just get out everyone who attempted funny mod besides modder 4 the rest of you should just be disqualified you all hardly even tried not only the fact that this is the stupiesr theme ever for all who attempted besides modder 4 none of you guys deserve to mod Flaming Oracle

9. vento
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 11:42:44

Okay, let me, as a participant say something about this. I considered the theme to be very vague. "Funny" is VERY subjective, and especially making a PEN funny is very hard. I think it was very obvious that in this round there wouldn´t be any "proper" pens. Okay, the mods. Mod 1 A dick mod... okay, maybe a bit funny but looks shitty (sorry to the modder, whoever made it ^.^) and is unspinnable I think. Mod 2 Looks interesting, the idea is good too but its not very funny. I mean without the "flight" at the end this could just be a normal mod. Modding is very clean. Mod 3 To be honest, this mod looks like if you drop it once it´ll be immediately destructed. This concept of making a mod like a person reminds me kinda of transformers (like cars becoming "persons"). But overall, I don´t really like this mod, its not very funny also. Mod 4 Very good idea with the liquid, but also not "funny" as I´d consider it. Looks very clean further but imo I´d be better fitting "new concept". Mod 5 Funny presentation and use of the mod, maybe a bit long (22cm... reminds me of kUzU ext. maybe) but not overkill-long. Simple design not outstanding but well-done. This one looks the most spinnable to me. Mod 6 Also looks unspinnable and not really like a pen but like a cheap chinese toy you get with a Happy Meal at McDonalds (no offense!!). Funny concept and design but the implementing could be better. Overall Syrtis prediction seems to be very accurate. I´d maybe put the Neeble Mod a bit higher, so I´d be like this. Also I am not sure between 1# and 2#. I am hoping for a better theme next round: And could we maybe have more time next round? Like 3 weeks at least? I am running out of materials and ideas :unsure: Predicition: 1/2# Q-Tip Mod 1/2# Mr.Dart 3# Neeble Rot 4# The Dick Mod 5# Angry Birds Mod 6# Gangnam Mod

10. Vôre-tèx
    Date: Fri, Feb 8 2013 22:55:01

Btw, I think we should not confuse a funny mod and mod 2-in-1 (other function that the spin).

11. RPD
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 02:19:19

Some people are just too hard with this tournament, and have a really high standard. Organising a tournament is not easy, nor is involved in one, and least a world-level like this. The modders (probably) spent lots of hours thinking and making this mods, so you all can enjoy them. This tournament wont be like last PMWT. There arent lots of modders or anything. I dont know why im posting this. Those who behave that way, they will continue behaving like that even after reading this. I'm just going to win haters with this comment. Good luck to all ^^.

12. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 02:21:16

Vôre-tèx wrote: Btw, I think we should not confuse a funny mod and mod 2-in-1 (other function that the spin).
    Like writing? :hmm:

13. Vôre-tèx
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:21:42

Mats wrote: Like writing? :hmm:
    No, 'cause writing is a normal function for a mod. :P

14. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 23:09:19

it will be kinda bullshit if some modder got eliminate cause this theme is not even a theme.

15. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 23:36:43

Vôre-tèx wrote: No, 'cause writing is a normal function for a mod. :P
    Like a vibrator? :hmm:

16. vento
    Date: Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:47:08

Vôre-tèx wrote: Btw, I think we should not confuse a funny mod and mod 2-in-1 (other function that the spin).
    Thats correct, but how to make a mod funny (looking) without adding a rather funny second function. I mean its even hard with the ability of making a 2-in-1 mod but if we would have just to make a "normal" pen without any other function or ability be funny then we could do like next to nothing. Maybe making some kinda weird color scheme or gripcut but thats not very funny. I think in this round there was no way around adding another ability to the pen next to being spinable (which was even lost at some pens). Very hard theme, I hope for a better and more clear one next round.

17. Vôre-tèx
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 15:41:36

Mats wrote: Like a vibrator? :hmm:
    Hell yeah, it's a very good idea ! I think it's possible to make that. :°

18. ItsNick
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 16:38:12

modder3, dafuq O.o

19. TerryAngX
    Date: Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:59:42

This mods can show that the creator has put alot of effort to think and design it, but unfortunately the results were disappointing.

20. Taeko
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:38:05

No mod for this round from me. No motivation, too short for have any pens for make a worldwide famous mod (I make only personnals mod), One week without pen... It's unrespectly, I know, I suck. Bye.