UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Breaking/Loosing Pens

1. ByrdXye
    Date: Sun, Feb 3 2013 18:47:30

I hate it so much that I decided to make an account for UPSB to try to see if anyone felt my frustration. I've spent a fair hobbyist amount of money as an unemployed college student. Around $100-$150. I buy my pens from penwish, premade, and I don't blame my problem on penwish... well maybe I do. My pens fall apart. All the goddamn time. Wear and tear from spinning pens, and unavoidably dropping them. I've had almost every pen I own break in some way. The pens that i've had to say goodbye to are the following 2 Metal Commsas Dr. KT Buster CYL Pencil Mod All of these pens have broken in some way. Call me careless, but it bothers me. Most of the time its the tips flying off, the grips being torn, the pencil mod straight up snapped in my pocket. Super glue isn't very relyable and plumbers tape can only do so much. I've spent hours repairing and trying to get another few months of use out of these mods but eventually I just retired them. What do other spinners do to keep their pens from breaking? Or is it just inevitable? Another thing that really bothers me is that I loose my pens. Of course this is completely my fault, but I want to know what other spinners do to keep themselves from loosing their pens. I've never lost my cell phone in my life, but i've lost many many pens, even expensive ones like the ZT mod. TLDNR: What do other spinners do to keep their pens from breaking? How do you keep your pens from getting lost?

2. Reason
    Date: Sun, Feb 3 2013 19:43:27

well... i break pens sometimes, and thats usually unavoidable unless you're obscenely neat and careful about it. i usually only carry 1-3 pens in my pockets and im constantly checking on them, but i have lost some in the past (some have been returned thankfully). when i take a large amount with me to school i will just use a case for them and keep it in my backpack. idk... that stuff just happens sometimes.

3. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Feb 3 2013 19:44:20

Don't bring your pens outdoors. I don't get how you break your mods though, i never really had any mods broken to that extent that you can't use it anymore in the past 3 1/2 years lol

4. astronaut
    Date: Sun, Feb 3 2013 21:05:17

I have broken a KT also, but it is very difficult. I had to throw it down concrete steps 3-5 times with force, loose it in a few rainstorms, drop many, many times while standing. The best way to take care of your pens is to spin over your bed. I agree with Alvaris don't bring mods outside. Understand a trick before you do it, especially if the area you may drop it on may not be soft. As for loosing pens, don't let your pens leave you desk/bed where you spin.

5. Demetrius
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 03:07:00

tips falling out of kt i had same problem. just push the sailor grip thats holding the tip back onto the cap a little further, so it should be a snugg fit.

6. Kiiro
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 04:37:30

What do you do with ur mods? Do u just spin them? Or do you take them outdoors or spin during classes? I've never had a problem with mods breaking.

7. PERSIST
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 17:12:59

Don't carry mods in your pocket, bring them in your bag, that's what I do. And like @astronaut said, spin over your bed or something soft if you can. At school, I sit on the ground, plant my bag in front of me, and spin.

8. philo1975
    Date: Tue, Feb 5 2013 07:59:59

hahahahaha after reading that I'm NEVER gonna lose my pen again.