UPSB v4

General Discussion / CWG Round 3 / Round 4 Info

1. neoknux_009
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 09:30:29

Great job people for round 3 videos. Some interesting and challenging stuff from lots of people. not too sure abuot wahts happning with canada though hmm. Anyways ive just released the score sheets. Its due this time next week, [B]August 28th[/B] Im really dissapointed in CWGJudge4...im going have to stab him for results but ill get him. Right. So springfield can you nominate the final Country to pick the "number" for round 4's videos? This needs to be done on [B]August 28th[/B] also. ive been surprised with people integrating the number into the combos namely hippo xD. Also its obvious no need to draw for themes, since the fourth will be our last round anyway. NB for combo copy im going to let the judges choose 3 rather well known and "copyable" combos each. So there will be 9 combo's to choose from. They will release the chosen combo's on [B] August 28th[/B] also. The fourth round videos will be due in 2 weeks time. Itll be [B]due 3rd of Sept. [/B] =========================== If someone can organize the videos into playlists thad be great... <.< ive done it twice already xD

2. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 09:40:07

NZ team coordinator pick the numberr! =) very glad you extended the dateline neo

3. Zubola
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 13:48:25

Does it have to be one digit? If not, 1337.

4. walkingjacket
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 22:56:12

Yosky wrote: Does it have to be one digit? If not, 1337.
    Round 1 had two digits (10). Picking the number has to be by random selection. For example, rolling a die, picking a card from a deck (with Jack being 11, Queen 12 and King 13) or picking a piece of folded paper out of ten, each numbered 1-10. Of course, you would have to show that not all numbers are numbered the same (good example is cyshing's drawing video). A video showing your random selection must be uploaded onto the pscommonwealthgames youtube account.

5. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 01:42:53

agree with walkingjacket. although 1337 can be a number u put in lol.

6. walkingjacket
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 02:49:27

Oh yeah, Yosky, don't do the draws right away. The number is to be drawn on the 28th (which is also when everything else will be announced, like results and the combos we can copy). @SPRiNGFiELD: The deadline wasn't extended sadly. When neoknux_009 said two weeks, he meant two weeks from his post, not two weeks from when the 4th round starts :(.

7. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 09:35:35

THANKS NEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To confirm the themes. Normal match is doubles Technical is Difficulty Artistic is Spinless Side games is Combo copy and single sided only EDIT: I thought there was gonna' be 6 rounds?

8. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 11:13:23

@hippo yes those themes are correct. yep this is the final round. 4 rounds only. this is a short tournament ^^

9. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 13:22:11

where is the combo for copy? or do we pick it by ourselves?

10. cyshing
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 15:49:24

SPRiNGFiELD wrote: where is the combo for copy? or do we pick it by ourselves?
    They are going to give us 9 combos to choose from, will be announced on 28 Aug. BTW, there are members in my team requesting whether can the Number be announced 1st? Is it because actually at least 4 in our team(including myself, not sure of the other 2) are having important exams very soon, some will start this week and some next week. If the number could be announced 1st, my team members might want to shoot the videos early instead of doing it next week. If the number could be released 1st, it won't be unfair because all teams will equally be able to start preparing early.

11. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 02:47:20

I second what Cyshing said. Is there any critera for the single sided mod only or anything special needed?

12. AlienX
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 04:59:27

Hmm, Cyshing's got a point, cuz we pretty much know the themes already........ Speaking of Canada, their school just started....But that means they were competing in the holidays, and we hav school + CWG.......Hope they're not dropping like UK

13. neoknux_009
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 07:05:59

sure i dont mind. but im going to have to get a yes from all team captains. as for single sided not really. The criteria here is, who has the most single sided ish pen, but who spun the best with it? Id say there can only be one cap addedd to the pen. Example a minwoo mod, isnt single sided, its non-symetrical double capped. mx's, g3 mods, etc are single sided. this can be chagned but this is what i feel should the case.

14. Pen Ninja
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 07:47:42

imo, single sided means asymmetrical

15. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Aug 23 2010 08:05:07

So we'll be judged based on?

16. cyshing
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 02:56:41

So MY and AUS team has agreed, can SG and NZ team coordinators give a reply asap? whether yes or no, so this can be decided to draw number early or not. Otherwise it would be dragged till 28 Aug and this will be meaningless. :(

17. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 04:03:52

i'm fine with that. my members have exams and tests too. so yea

18. cyshing
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 09:28:52

I just got msg from walkingjacket (NZ) that Yosky is offline most of the time, so he can't get contact to him about this, so their team members (except Yosky who is unable to contact atm) have decided that walkingjacket will do the draw on behalf of Yosky to start the final round asap. I'm okay with this, so what about you guys (team-coordinators)?

19. walkingjacket
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:24:25

With neoknux_009's comment on the drawing video (below), I'm assuming he doesn't mind either: [video=youtube;gp9UMWE9f1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp9UMWE9f1A[/video] If the remaining team co-ordinator SPRiNGFiELD accepts, then the number to be displayed in each video will be '11'.

20. Zubola
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 10:50:49

Thanks walkingjacket >< [SPOILER="Description"]PS CWG R3 - Freeman Singles k-Ryder’s starter is nice, also smooth, but not the following sequence, there are some stops. But on 0:14 starts a nice sequence with a lot of direction changes, good work. The only problem there is that he goes out of the camera view. I’ve seen better execution from Ellusion67, but this is a difficult combo, and he has good control on it. The sequence frm 0:07 to 0:10 is very smooth, and the finisher is good too. But he loses a lot of momentum with the baks on 0:14-0:15, breaking the combo. I found Yosky’s combo pretty standard, he didn’t show many stuff. JoshPS did a nice starter, but at the second half of his combo gets a bit repetitive. Also the combo is a bit choppy in several points. 10 second combo SPRiNGFiELD made a good job with his combo. After clicking play you see a hand that seems to go out of the screen, which is very impressive. Zooming in and out his hand in addition of using fast and flashy moves was a great combination. After the few first seconds the surpriser effect disappears, but you can still enjoy the linkages. Yosky did some difficult linkage, but the whole thing was not impressive at all. It’s just too short, and needs more energy. Powertricking is another good idea for a short combo, and i.suk has taken advantage of it with a good result. Chiayi chose this option too, but didn’t have the same impact because the support linkages. Smoothness SPRiNGFiELD’s combo was smooth, but I think he could have done a better job enhancing the smoothness effect with a better tempo. There are some tricks that slow down the combo and on consequence he loses flow: the Palmspin Rev, the Twisted Cobra Bite and the stop on 0:16. Nonetheless, he shows a good use of the momentum. For example, on 0:11 he performs a direction change without slowing too much. Also in the final sequence it seems like he stops after accumulating the momentum of the entire combo, charges its hand with it, and finally releases this energy to do a nice finisher. Twine shows smooth linkages, but after 0:17 loses smoothness. Also, the filming makes him to lost points on presentation. Pen Ninja was great there. A combination of difficult tricks, perfect execution and smooth linkages. I don’t know if it was song’s camera, but it seems like the pen is jumping all the time, as if the pushes are too noticeable. It’s like he has to give momentum to the pen constantly, and it’s not fluent but turbulent. Long performance Ali3nX’s combo was a bit messy. From 0:30 the combo becomes repetitive and boring. He tried to put some interesting ideas in the combo, but he didn’t combine them too well. First, the use of the orange pen was practically insignificant: a TA, a Bak, an aid for a stall, and a roll. Comparing it with the yellow one, he could have done more stuff with it. Second, the stops, in my opinion they didn’t fit in the combo. And third, the music usage. His spinning was too slow compared with the music. Stemza’s combo felt too spammy. He also has a very noticeable flaw on 0:16. And the presentation was bad: too dark, offcams, moving camera, the boy on 0:27, lol… Also the music didn’t help. I really enjoyed watching Neoknux’s combo. It’s a good example of a combo synchronized with music. I was waiting an i-Sonic at the starter, and a surprising pen appears from the outside of the camera’s view. After that: waving, a magical trick, all perfectly coordinated with the music, and we reach the normal spinning part. Then, suddenly, another unexpected pen amazingly appears. Zooming the hand in, the Tipped Sonic to the finger move, changing the camera angle without breaking the combo, a nice standing up performance… I like the big amount of resources that Neoknux reunited for preventing a spinner and non-spinner public being bored with his combo. 1 minute of spinning with a perfect harmony with the background music. Too bad the camera didn’t help him when spinning standing up. Hippo2626 did a good job too with his story, he also synched it with music. I first read Hippo’s description, and then I watched the video. I could follow it until 0:52. Then it’s like something did not match with the text I had read. I’m talking about this part: “Lefty was filled with so much rage and remorse that he couldn't spin well anymore. The ghost of Righty realized that what he did was wrong and assisted lefty with the rest of the combo. They made peace with each other after.” I’ll take the different sentences one by one. “Lefty was filled with so much rage and remorse that he couldn't spin well anymore.” After killing righty, lefty continues spinning normally. Maybe some intentional flaws could have been a good idea to illustrate it. Then, suddenly, righty reappears, and this leads to the next sentence. “The ghost of Righty realized that what he did was wrong and assisted lefty with the rest of the combo” It wasn’t clear to me that righty’s ghost was assisting lefty, because this one didn’t have flaws. It was more like, ¿why is he alive now? ¿has he resurrected? ¿if so, why is he aiding the one who murdered him? I think that taking a bit of emphasis on that part would have been a good idea for the continuity of the story. Also, from 1:01 to 1:11 the combo is too repetitive. “They made peace with each other after” As I said, it was like lefty was using righty’s corpse to perform some tricks, lol. He could have shaken hands after the finisher to show that. On the other hand, I liked a lot the combo from beginning to 0:52 was funny and entertaining, giving a new dimension to PS. Good job. XPXH Walkingjacket showed good transfers with both hands, and did a nice finisher, but he has a stop on 0:19. I assume his combo starts at 0:07. raTS96’s transfer on 0:03 was eye-candy, but then he spent too many time spinning with his right hand; only the Bakrise/Bakfall 2P2H was not enough for the theme. I expected 2P2H spinning on Neoknux’s combo, but he mainly used his left hand as support. Palmspin Harmo shown twice was nice, once with each hand. The drop > catch on 0:12 was smooth. The move on 0:17 might have been better from another angle though. I found the final sequence a bit charged, he should have distributed more that moves throughout the combo. Not his odd angle, but the main presentation’s problem of Hippo2626 is the black background. It’s fine while he’s using white pens, but it’s really annoying when he uses a black one. I missed how he takes the black mod on 0:25 the first time I watched the combo. After that we can’t appreciate his spinning. On the other hand, the overall combo is very creative. Keeping all the pens at the same place, and moving single ones while the others are still is not easy when 8P2H. It’s a pity that this combo is in diminuendo, the combo loses interest while advancing, but Hippo keeps showing nice moves. I love the starter, the way he links into and performs the 2P2H Armroll (or 2P2A?) and integrating the number during the performance. PD: PENMODS, PENMODS EVERYWHERE![/SPOILER] [SPOILER="Results"]Regular Matches: Australia: 65.33 Canada: 0 Malaysia: 56.33 New Zealand: 53.67 Singapore: 61.33 Side Games: Performance Spinning: Australia: 30 Singapore: 20 New Zealand: 10 Malaysia: 0 10 Second Impress Combo: Singapore: 30 Australia: 20 Malaysia: 10 New Zealand: 0[/SPOILER]

21. CWGJudge4
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:02:44

Dear Spinners, There will be significant delay in releasing the results of round 2 and round 3 gradings due to unforeseeable circumstances that have arisen in my life. I trust you will be patient and resume your regular activities (pen spinning I hope). I believe the results will be sent through before round 4 videos are due. Yours Sincerely CWGJudge4

22. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Aug 24 2010 13:08:16

sorry but I'm still not clear about what the single sided mod combo is. will we be judged on how well we spin the sc mod, the least modded sc mod or the best use of the sc mod?

23. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 01:45:22

its similar to the light mods comp. Its a balance between both the degree of single sided mod, and the combo itself. You have to sacrifice either one for the other. as for all side games, there is no exact criteria because as you can see its hard to describe what is the best single sided mod combo.

24. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 10:14:26

so someone spinning an MX will be given more credit in terms of the mod rather than someone using a Minovate SC?

25. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Aug 25 2010 13:53:40

if its the same combo then yes. the whole point of this theme is that its "single sided" which generally are harder to spin than "double sided" . so whoever is the best at it.

26. walkingjacket
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 04:56:29

Just wondering, when does this round end? The 9 combos we can choose out of for the copy combo side game has not been released so our team can't decide who should do the single sided mod side game yet.

27. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 05:39:41

need number to show and combos to copy ASAP

28. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 06:07:36

the number is 11, drawing vid is on PScommonwealthgames channel

29. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 06:42:03

cheers, missed that sorry

30. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Aug 26 2010 10:13:05

yeah the judges should be choosing soon.

31. Freeman
    Date: Sat, Aug 28 2010 09:09:55

So my choices as combos to copy are: Garlic in PSH Asian Cup Round 2 Spini in S and S 2nd Seaweed in JEB Pass Collections 3rd

32. k-ryder
    Date: Sat, Aug 28 2010 09:22:10

could you link us to the videos please?

33. Freeman
    Date: Sat, Aug 28 2010 11:10:28

PSH Asian Cup Round 2 Garlic's combo is the first, on 0:08 S and S 2nd Spini's combo starts on 3:44 JEB Pass Collection 3rd Seaweed's combo is on 0:24

34. CWGJudge5
    Date: Sat, Aug 28 2010 15:55:34

Best of ASIAN CUP 2008 -> TaeRyong 1:27-1:38 Freeman : Best of 2009 -> 1:15-1:28 Pen Spinning Korean Video -> Sangkm 0:00-0:12

35. cyshing
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 15:24:29

Who (team coordinators) hasn't got the score from Judge5 for Round 3?yesterday he posted it here because he says he was unable to send to some team coordinator, but i told him that it is not allowed to post the exact score here, so he removed it. I got the d/l link btw, which team coordinator hasn't got it? i can send to you.

36. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 15:27:57

meee

37. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 10:20:24

i dont have it either. please send.

38. neoknux_009
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 10:49:00

right judge4 is out. bc he is. Ill need to replace him. completly now. Whether he have a proper excuse or not, waiting for him will have more harm in the tournament than getting a new judge completly. As for the final round please use the 6 combos provided already. Round 1 will have to be recalculated. Round 4 will continue as normal. feel free to be angry at me. i wasnt't successful in getting a proper judging panel, with exception to judge3 and freeman. sorry.

39. walkingjacket
    Date: Tue, Aug 31 2010 11:41:07

This round took way too long to prepare/start, even with the early drawings. Exams are starting soon if not already for some countries participating in this like New Zealand and Malaysia. I won't be participating this round because of this, sorry.

40. Kari-Chan
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 09:17:54

so what's going on now?

41. cyshing
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:28:31

@neoknux: Your inbox is full, please clear some space so i can send. I think this is why CWGJudge5 wasn't able to send. lol

42. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 13:21:36

well we have 2 options. opt for an extension so all comeptitors compete, or have due date due soon. which is currently whats happening. give ur thoughts.

43. cyshing
    Date: Wed, Sep 1 2010 14:21:19

We (MY Team) are fine with the current situation, since we've demanded earlier release of the number, i think my members have already prepared the videos and will submit by the due date which is 3rd Sept.

44. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 09:06:51

same for my team, we've pretty much done with the combos . i dont know about the rest. i mean, we have tests and crap (some of us with major exams) but i'm juggling it with this tourney as well. idk about other teams but if u all need a time extension, by all means, i'm fine with that. how is the judging going neo?

45. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:00:22

judge4 may want to come back. and thanks cyshing for the results from cwgjudge5. but if there are late submition vids due to exams ... and other teams dont mind then of course there will be no punishment. situations like these is ,true, fault due to preperation, but also a bit due to bad luck. so continue with same due date.

46. Kari-Chan
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:06:47

i don't think it's a very good idea to "extend" due date the way you're implementing it..... =X anyway~ is it just me or is there some trouble with mediafire? 'cos i can't download my partner's vid and thus, i can't film my part D: See error pic

47. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:12:07

so same due date? or extend it? no no i am against the idea of leeway time simply because its unfair. opponents can always try to beat the combos released on time.

48. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 16:24:48

yes which is why the due date stays the same.

49. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Sep 2 2010 23:56:41

lol me and pat forgot the number, mainly due to the rush that and i recorded a full day at work =\

50. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 01:08:03

I'll probably be day late because my mum took the camera away for a trip overseas and she'll be coming home today at night and I got work to do tonight so I'll have to record it tomorrow. Sorry guys.

51. cyshing
    Date: Fri, Sep 3 2010 15:00:21

@neoknux: you're welcome. Since i'm the one just finished exams today, i'll help to do the playlists. (well, i did for previous one too). Yeah! XD

52. CWGJudge5
    Date: Thu, Sep 9 2010 12:09:00

What about the Round 4 scoresheet? All become inactive already?

53. SPRiNGFiELD
    Date: Fri, Sep 10 2010 16:20:14

when will results be released?

54. cyshing
    Date: Sun, Sep 12 2010 15:51:35

lol.. yeah... here is all quiet. I haven't got the result from Judge4 yet.

55. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Sep 13 2010 02:26:12

Is judge4 definitely back?

56. CWGJudge5
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 18:02:52

I done my job, good luck to you guys!

57. k-ryder
    Date: Mon, Sep 20 2010 07:57:39

... anything new happening here?

58. song
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 06:37:14

ya,whers the result??

59. Zubola
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 07:29:08

Australia: 65.33 Malaysia: 61.67 New Zealand: 46.67 Singapore: 58.33 Single Sided: 1. Singapore - 30 2. Malaysia - 20 Copy Combo: 1. Malaysia - 30

60. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Sep 23 2010 11:47:15

judge 4 has been replaced and is marking everything right now. ;D