UPSB v4

General Discussion / Pen spinning book/guide?

1. UkPSkU
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 00:36:29

Ok here's my thought; I was thinking of doing a book called " the art of pen spinning" and it has everything from fundamentals and your first spinning pen to techniques styles and arial moves. I would try to publish it and since I have so much time on my hands I think it's definitely a good idea. If you think it's good I would love some feedback. I think it's a great way to get people who maybe wouldn't see the videos online to get involved. I need to know if people think its a good idea. Because I will start it right away thnx UkPSkU @DangoodwinzIFP

2. Quake
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 01:01:20

I remember seeing something about making a pen spinning book somewhere on this board. I think @Mats was involved with it, since he's involved with practically everything. Lol not sure tho. Good Luck!

3. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 01:35:48

Don't think I've ever been involved in a pen spinning book. Good luck if you do it man!

4. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 06:32:54

What's the point in creating this book? And how are they meant to learn... Unless you have an iPad in the book then they can't see the trick or watch how it's performed. Stupid idea in my opinion. If you have spare time work on Penspinning yourself.

5. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 06:56:20

Tommy wrote: What's the point in creating this book? And how are they meant to learn... Unless you have an iPad in the book then they can't see the trick or watch how it's performed. Stupid idea in my opinion. If you have spare time work on Penspinning yourself.
    Ever heard of an Ebook?

6. EffecT
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 08:49:28

practicing daily is the best if u are free.

7. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 09:19:11

iirc there is a trick book ps background,history and stuffs are too short for a book,and tricks nowadays are being created daily ( fel2fram's fault ) so it is almost impossible to list all of them

8. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 09:28:28

You should just make a book on mods or something, but not tutorials on tricks unless you can get a video-demonstration, as some people mentioned earlier, maybe an ebook. Anyways, why not just learn from Ktrinh93? He's the best teacher.

9. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:48:30

A mod book has been discussed before, but I feel it's a huge project that would be better covered by a computer program than an actual book, due to the complexity of fine details. I think the fine details will make a book unreadable, but will be unnoticeable in a computer program. The trouble being, the program is going to take a long while to write. I started on it a while back, but then lost the laptop I had the starting file on. It's probably 65/35 against that I will start on writing that program again and 20/80 against that I will finish it.

10. miyat
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 14:34:45

Yeesh, everyone's so negative.

UkPSkU wrote: I think it's a great way to get people who maybe wouldn't see the videos online to get involved.
    Right you are sir. I think it's a splendid idea! I just hope you do your best because whatever the book looks like, it will represent pen spinning, and might do more harm than good. If you need help with the design aspect, PM me, I'd be happy to work on it. Cheers

11. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 16:43:59

There are a few pen spinning books in Asia. The ones I remember seeing must be over five years old now, but I'm sure there are still some being published. One came with a cd with video tutorials. There's also an iOS and Android app.

12. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:01:59

Mats wrote: Ever heard of an Ebook?
    Yes... But we should just stick with the tutorial on YouTube. It's a lot easier to understand and a lot easier to learn to.

13. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:10:32

Tommy wrote: Yes... But we should just stick with the tutorial on YouTube. It's a lot easier to understand and a lot easier to learn to.
    :no: This is totally different.

14. FingerNotPen
    Date: Fri, Feb 1 2013 13:13:00

sounds interesting to have a book, we can expand pen spinning

15. UkPSkU
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 14:48:28

Tommy wrote: Yes... But we should just stick with the tutorial on YouTube. It's a lot easier to understand and a lot easier to learn to.
    Not If I do by having step by step snap shots of the move in action @DangoodwinzIFP

16. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 17:26:01

UkPSkU wrote: Not If I do by having step by step snap shots of the move in action
    I don't know if you can do this, but it would be great to have an interactive app that showed the move and had a slider or something similar to speed up/slow down the video in real time.

17. Mats
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 17:26:48

UkPSkU wrote: Not If I do by having step by step snap shots of the move in action
    I don't know if you can do this, but it would be great to have an interactive app that showed the move and had a slider or something similar to speed up/slow down the video in real time. Edit: Basically this but with pen spinning tricks as opposed to juggling patterns.

18. UkPSkU
    Date: Tue, Feb 5 2013 00:27:43

Mats wrote: I don't know if you can do this, but it would be great to have an interactive app that showed the move and had a slider or something similar to speed up/slow down the video in real time. Edit: Basically this but with pen spinning tricks as opposed to juggling patterns.
    You absolute genius I'll make an app... Much more informative @DangoodwinzIFP