UPSB v4

Battlezone / EASTERN SPINNER CUP

1. Ddouble10
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 13:14:50

All asian spinners! time to group your teams for an asian tournament :D Eastern Spinner Network Cup 2013 Rules 1.QUALIFICATION All the participators must be under Eastern Board. All the board will be listed after this qualification explanation. Similar as The World Cup, each Group will send out 5 spinners and 1 manager. Every group must send their group names and also the spinner who participate to the admins of the Cup through e-mail [email][email protected][/email] before 25th February 2013. EXAMPLE:- Registering For Eastern Spinner Cup GROUP NAME: _____ MANAGER: _____ Spinner 1 - from IPSB Spinner2 - from IPSB Spinner 3 - from JEB Spinner 4 - from UPSB Every spinners must officially from Eastern board listed. Any cheating or red handed caught, The group will be disqualified directly. Negotiation will not be accepted. List of Eastern Boards JaPen Board – JEB Taiwanese Pen Spinning – TWPS Indonesian Pen Spinning Board – IPSB Hong Kong Pen Spinning Association – HKPSA Pendolsa – PDS Korea Pen Spinning Association – KPSA Eastern Spinner Network – ESN Pserhome – PSH ThaiSpinner – THPSC Malaysian Pen Spinner Community – MYPSC Pinoy Pen Spinning Community – PPSC Vietnam Pen Spinning Board – VNPSB All the results and announcement of the tournament will be post through Pen Spinning News Official Facebook Page : http://www.facebook.com/penspinningnews The tournament concept will be updated according to the number of boards will be join. 2.MATCH CONCEPT Match concept is a bit different to the world cup. There will be 3 match between the battle. Two match will be individual with a different theme that will be choose by the judge panel and one match will involve 2 spinners which known as Double match and the theme will be freestyle. Example:- MYPSC vs IPSB Catagory 1 A vs B theme - smoothness Catagory 2 C vs D theme - body and enviroment Catagory 3 (Doubles) E and F vs G and H theme - freestyle Please note that every battle will have the same theme but different in each category. Example :- MYPSC vs IPSB Catagory 1 A vs B theme - smoothness Category 2 C vs D theme - body and environment Category 3 (Doubles) E and F vs G and H theme - freestyle JEB vs THPSC Category 1 1 vs 2 theme - smoothness Category 2 3 vs 4 theme - body and environment Category 3 5 and 6 vs 7 and 8 theme - freestyle The theme will only change in the next stage except for the doubles category which always be freestyle. List of themes - Freestyle Smoothness Creativity Spin-less Difficulty Control Variety Body and Environment Technical 2h 1p / 1h 2p / 2h 2p Stylish There are 2 new type of theme which is technical and stylish. Technical - Almost similar to difficulty. The judge will more focus to the type of tricks used and the way the spinner accelerate the trick. Stylish - The judge will be focus on the style of the spinner to accelerate their trick. The nicer the acceleration of the trick, the more the spinner will gain marks. The former theme will be judge through the usual method according to the theme it selves. 3. JUDGING CRITERIA There will be 3 experienced judges. Each of the judges will be given 20 marks for each combo and total will be 60. The total marks of each category will be 60. Meanwhile, the doubles category will be judge differently. Each judges will be given 30 marks and the total will be 90. In individual category, each judges will judge with 3 criteria. 1. Smoothness of acceleration - 5 marks 2. Difference and specialty of combo - 5 marks 3. Theme judging - 10 marks If the spinner falls the pen in the combo. No smoothness of acceleration mark will be given. In the doubles category, the judges will judge in 4 criteria. 1. Smoothness of both spinners acceleration - 10 marks 2. The creativity of the video arrangement - 5 marks 3. Difference and specialty of combo - 5 marks 4. Perfection and dramatic of both combo and video - 10 marks Please note that the results will come out in form of percentage. Example:- PPSC Spinner A theme - smoothness Smoothness of acceleration - 4/4/3 Difference and specialty of combo - 3/3/2 Theme judging - 7/5/5 Total: (14/20) (12/20) (10/20) = (36/60) Spinner B theme - body and environment Smoothness of acceleration - 4/4/4 Difference and specialty of combo - 3/4/3 Theme judging - 8/7/7 Total: (15/20) (15/20) (14/20) = (44/60) Spinner C and D (doubles) Smoothness of both spinner acceleration - 8/7/9 The creativity of the video arrangement - 4/3/4 Difference and specialty of combo - 5/3/4 Perfection and dramatic of both combo and video - 7/8/6 Total: (24/30) (21/30) (23/30) = (68/90) PPSC RESULTS Spinner A = 60% Spinner B = 73% Spinner C and D = 76% PPSC vs JEB RESULTS Category 1 Spinner A PPSC = 60% Spinner 1 JEB = 73% Category 2 Spinner B PPSC =73% Spinner 2 JEB = 71% Category 3 Spinner C/D PPSC = 76% Spinner 3/4 JEB = 74% PPSC 2 - 1 JEB PPSC wins 4. VIDEO FORMAT The video must be uploaded to Youtube and send through e-mail to the admin. The duration for combo of the individual category is 15- 30 seconds. Meanwhile the duration for the doubles are 45 - 60 seconds. Every video must be added with a slow-motion session after the combo EXCEPT, the doubles category. Video can be as long as the participants want but the combo must follow the fixed duration gifted. 5. TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE 25th February 2013 (Monday) - Registration Deadline 26th February 2013 (Tuesday) - TOURNAMENT START | Group allocation 1st March 2013 (Friday) - 1st Round line-ups revealed | 1st round started 9th March 2013 (Saturday) - 1st Round videos deadline | 1st round judging started 14th March 2013 (Thursday) - 1st Round results revealed 15th March 2013 (Friday) - 2nd Round line-ups revealed | 2nd round started 23rd March 2013 (Saturday) – 2nd Round videos deadline | 2nd round judging started 28th March 2013 (Thursday) – 2nd Round results revealed 29th March 2013 (Friday) Good Friday – 3rd Round line-ups revealed | 3rd round started 6th April 2013 (Saturday) – 3rd Round videos deadline | 3rd round judging started 11th April 2013 (Thursday) – 3rd Round results revealed 12th April 2013 (Friday) – 4th Round line-ups revealed | 4th round started 20th April 2013 (Saturday) – 4th Round videos deadline | 4th round judging started 25th April 2013 (Thursday) – 4th Round results revealed 26th April 2013 (Friday) – 5th Round line-ups revealed | 5th round started 4th May 2013 (Saturday) – 5th Round videos deadline | 5th round judging started 9th May 2013 (Thursday) – 5th Round results revealed 10th May 2013 (Friday) – 6th Round line-ups revealed | 6th round started 19th May 2013 (Sunday) – 6th Round video deadline | 6th round judging started 24th May 2013 (Friday) – 6th Results revealed | TOURNAMENT ENDS *PLEASE AWARE THAT THE SCHEDULE MAY CHANGE DURING THE TOURNAMENT 6.CONTACT INFORMATION PEN SPINNING NEWS FB PAGE: www.facebook.com/PenSpinningNews PEN SPINNING NEWS TWITTER: www.twitter.com/PenSpinningNews EASTERN SPINNER NETWORK E-MAIL: [email][email protected][/email] Please inbox or e-mail the address given if there any questions, inquiry or complaints about this tournament. Thank you

2. Mats
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 13:15:33

Clashing with WT? :facepalm:

3. Ddouble10
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 13:17:56

unfortunately

4. FingerNotPen
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 13:41:54

ddouble i wanna be in the mypsc team.

5. Mats
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 13:42:58

Ddouble10 wrote: unfortunately
    Unfortunate is reading the weather forecast, seeing sun all day, not taking a coat out and then getting rained on. Bad planning is organizing an event to clash with another, similar event, especially if said events are going to have some of the same participants.

6. FingerNotPen
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 13:44:48

so is the tournament gonna happen?

7. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 14:42:07

Wtf is this?

8. coffeelucky
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 16:54:45

Spinners in the same team mustn't be from the same community, right? In World Cup, each group have 6 spinners, not 5. Where is UPSB in the list of board? If the duration of individual combo is 15-30s, duration of double should be 30-60s. How can any team advance to the next round? Is this gonna have group stage or something else? What is difference, speciality and dramatic in criteria? Do this thing has an abbreviation, like ESC or EC ? and can manager be the participant too?

9. Enkronidus
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 17:30:28

[email][email protected][/email] < Did you misspell 'spinner' Freestyle theme < Would you mind to elaborate this one? Does it mean no theme? Probably not hurt to try for me. :dunno: Even though I greatly sense that the organization is not very good. Anyone want me or want to be with me? ALSO [quote=coffeelucky]Spinners in the same team mustn't be from the same community, right?[/quote]

10. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 18:29:59

It doesn't seem like a good idea to host at the same time as the WT...

11. FingerNotPen
    Date: Wed, Jan 30 2013 19:56:18

Mabye after the wt we can organize it?

12. THAxT
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 09:19:18

I highly support that after wt . :O

13. saier89890
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:52:22

can a group have difference forum member ?_?

14. coffeelucky
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:06:54

I have no problem with hosting in the same time as WT. But the rule seem creepy, it lacks a lot of important information like the number of members per group (you said 5 same as WC which it should be 6 but in the example it's only 4), Can spinners in different community be in the same team, and how can I advance to the next round (is there going to be a group stage or anything else?) blah blah ... and the outline of this thread is quite bad. please add some bold, italic, underline or some colors that make it easier to read.

15. bio8
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 12:28:35

Russia not Eastern? or KzPSC?

16. Ddouble10
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 13:36:45

Easternspinnet is short form for eastern spinner network. Eastern, spin, net Freestyle > can perform any theme listed. 5 Spinners Including 1 manager so one of the spinner will have to be the manager. UPSB is uncounted as an eastern board because it consists of universal spinners from every nations. So, participants will have to register under their countries board. Just like the example given, each group can consist of spinner from various boards. ESC is the code. Will update the schedule and it will be after the WT Please e-mail or pm me if you want more detail explanation.

17. Ddouble10
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 13:40:31

I'll update everything ASAP

18. coffeelucky
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 13:58:31

Ddouble10 wrote: Easternspinnet is short form for eastern spinner network. Eastern, spin, net UPSB is uncounted as an eastern board because it consists of universal spinners from every nations. So, participants will have to register under their countries board.
    but if some eastern people want to join but don't have their country community, how they should do? and why UPSB appear in the example? btw, the reason I ask you here because I think those question is important to anyone who are interesting in this.

19. Mats
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 13:59:17

coffeelucky wrote: but if some eastern people want to join but don't have their country community, how they should do? and why UPSB appear in the example? btw, the reason I ask you here because I think those question is important to anyone who are interesting in this.
    UPSB = Universal. It's global, including Asia.

20. coffeelucky
    Date: Thu, Jan 31 2013 14:07:53

Mats wrote: UPSB = Universal. It's global, including Asia.
    I know that. Also, @Ddouble10 said UPSB is uncounted but he's still mention it on his example.

21. FingerNotPen
    Date: Fri, Feb 1 2013 08:26:03

@Ddouble10 i register for the malaysian team , please register my name under Jameel aka FNP

22. Solar
    Date: Mon, Feb 4 2013 09:18:18

i'll be joining this in 2015 :D

23. Mats
    Date: Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:22:49

Is this going ahead or not?

24. ~blast~
    Date: Fri, Feb 22 2013 14:03:02

how many teams now? or....any team?

25. coffeelucky
    Date: Mon, Feb 25 2013 12:47:01

just pm @Ddouble10 about how is this going on. and please, if you gonna host this after WT, please update something in first post :(