UPSB v4

Collaboration Videos / TEMPLE OF LEGENDS CV

1. AB7
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 00:26:40

For some reasons,there are quite a number of great spinners that cant appear on this video. Please understand . Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHQLEhtSWM [video=youtube;ObkcYVwIA4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkcYVwIA4c[/video] Thanks for watching and supporting .

2. Hyp3rLink(HpL)
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 01:57:39

Nice CV...

3. Drake.Shan
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 02:09:10

Best CV man, love it so much! :D

4. Zkhan
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 07:04:04

Amazing CV. Exemplary editing as always, AB7. Vicgotgame and Baaron <3

5. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 07:38:03

wow crazy

6. EffecT
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:11:51

i love this shizz. editing is so great just wow. good job AB7!

7. Obstracized
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 10:41:43

Great Spinners + Great Editing = Great Collab.

8. Ivabra
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:14:33

First I was like " Damn where am I ? Where's Alva? Where's I.suk ? Gisele? Peem? Menowa? Sponge???? Baimai? Hal? Sister? Mesi? And mainly : where tha hell is Eriror he's been spinning for 8 years omg." Then I was like "There's Evolution, Taichi, VGG, Dami, Freeman, Dongza ???... " I'm usually not that harsh but seriously this collab sucks, the spinners choices are not even close to "bad" they are just worse than "bad". Besides the spinners I liked the editing but that's usually not what I wanna see first in a collab. That's the way I like collabs, this is just my point of view no worry about that. And I still have to thank AB7 for his work he provides to the world of penspinning. This is not against people on that collab, all of em are great spinners, but you can't call this collab "Temple of legends" cause less than half of the spinners are actual legends... And to be honest I like most of the spinners in this collab (I'm not talking about these combos). This is "a pretty good averaged collab", there's a misunderstanding here.

9. Yaemgo
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 12:42:41

Yeah, I basically agree with Ivabra. I hope it'll be possible to have a negative opinion about something without being hated for a change... So. If "legends" implies "strong spinners", I think this collab is a huge fail, as quite many combos can't be called "legendary", or even are really bad. If "legends" implies "spinners who made history of penspinning", man, you just did the wrong collab, as 50% of the spinners are NOT legends first, and a lot of REAL legends are not in this collab. You say there was "reasons". What reasons ? Didn't the spinners you asked answer ? Two things to sya about this : -who did you invite for this collab ? Are you gonna tell me all the real legends Ivabra mentionned (and he forgot fel2fram) didn't respond ? You didn't even ask ERIROR. If Eriror is not a legend, who is ? -when you are organizing a collab called "Temple of Legends", you are creating expectations. If the spinners in your collab actually are not legends, why do you release it ? Seindfu waited like one year before releasing Just a Dream. As Smile said, when you see Taichi, Tek or Evolution, it more looks like "Temple of Friends". Ok, now about the collab itself. I said it, a lot of combos are not technically "legendary" (I think only kin's, supa's and gollum's are, Baaron was great too but well). Although, I know what a lot of people thinks, technical isn't the only thing that make a legend. But this collab isn't really nice to watch, for two main reasons. First, in most of the combos there isn't the slightest seeking for a render (seriously, Dongza ? 0.0), nor in the settings, nor in the angle, nor in the background... There are even offcams, in a collab of this scale it's just stupefying. Second, the editing is just... I don't know how to say, you're just doing it wrong. Music is AGAIN pseudo-dubstep like in Weapon of Choice and all other brostep-collabs which were huge fails. It just doesn't match with penspinning, it's just not what made the spirit of penspinning, it's definitely not appropriate for actual legends. Names display is just overly kitsch, colors are awful. Combos quality is pretty bad for a lot of combos, even in 720p (usually it's the only thing we cannot blame in this type of collabs). So, this is a vision of penspinning. I know it's spreading, I know that more and more people love this kind of collab style, and it's totally ok for them as it is ok for me not to love it. But you can't say this is a temple of legends, for all the aforementionned reasons. Obviously, there are great combos, but I said it, when you make a teaser, when you organize this type of collab, you create huge expectations, and what could be acceptable for a regular collab is just ridiculous here. I know a lot of people are going to say I'm overreacting, but I think it is basically because you overteased. I made my point ; this is not what penspinning legend is.

10. fang
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 14:15:44

I don't get what people expect from a collab. If you ask me, a collab is a video with penspinner with a support from music and edit. Supporting the spinners isn't what some editors get. All I see is some show-off with an edit program. The combo's itself are almost not important anymore, only the name of the spinner then. I don't have to start about the name of the collab, I think @Yaemgo made theire point about that.

11. A13x
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 18:51:58

Don't worry AB7 you've done nice job, even if i wanted to see Kuzu seven and others "legends" ahah. it is actually a nice collab ^^ the two previous french post are absolutly not representative of the way of thinking of spinners in average, they have done the same kind of comments for the collab named " fpsb 4th ", they just hated skyblue's, neptune and s777 edit+work, even if that was obviously stunning. they're hating on everything that they didn't expected.you can go on fpsb and traduce by yourself to see, always the same people complaining, but yea, who care ? ^^' And yes Supawit127 is right, no matter if they are legends or not, but people just need to show some respect to your work :) and i'm still part of those who respect that.

12. Twine
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 20:01:06

Jesus. And the critics roll in. I thought it was an insane collab with awesome spinners and really really nice editing. It was my favorite collab I have seen for a long time. You did a really good job with it!! I particular liked the part with Bonkura because I've never seen him in a newish collab before and I think it fitted in well.

13. Demetrius
    Date: Mon, Jan 28 2013 21:23:46

Da fuq no peem?

14. Enkronidus
    Date: Tue, Jan 29 2013 00:59:47

From my point of view, it was fine. I enjoyed watching it. I see the potential in it. The editing was quite fancy and not too annoying which is a good thing. I watched it without a question popping in my head[okay, maybe like for a couple of seconds I thought about it] that some worthy ones were missing. My understanding tells me that it would be near impossible to contact the oldies especially ones that are in military or have stopped spinning, so guess it's forgivable. :dunno: About the critics, idk. People can have their own opinion. I would list a full list of credits to every single legend ever in PS history in the video if I were you to show respect and equality, or if it was too long then I might write a short sentence to represent them all like '...And all the unmentioned legends who have contributed to PS, we thank you.' then show the video of legends that have submitted. I guess it is an error in the organizing phrase as you can see that some legends themselves are complaining, because they are available to be a part of it but you didn't invite or create an alternative way of letting them know that they can submit, uh but hey, this is a really big thing you're doing here and you did a very good try. It's hard to get close to the perfection. So cheers. Good collab, I give it like 4.35/5 because I'm not always fond of dubstep and some very small things about editing that I didn't like.

15. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Jan 29 2013 07:30:42

i suppose the problem is the definition of legend everyone has his/her own "legend" i suppose by using such a vague term created different expectations ofthe collab,nd flaming comes when expectations are not met