UPSB v4

The Vault / Requests

1. strat1227
    Date: Fri, Jan 25 2013 18:36:33

Post here if you're having trouble finding something (that you're certain is out there, don't post unless you know it's findable) I'm looking for a PDF of Above the Fold by Rich Aviles, you people with nifty trackers and such run a search and see if you can find it. It was on Demonoid but Demonoid died.

2. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jan 27 2013 15:06:27

I'm looking for a PDF or ePUB of The Warrior Within: The Philosophies of Bruce Lee by John R. Little

3. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Mar 7 2013 06:44:13

where's the new simcity?? cant find a torrent

4. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Mar 7 2013 06:50:15

typical of society. asking for stuff but not returning. I am the criticizer so next up in-line is the provider, so provide.

5. Mats
    Date: Thu, Mar 7 2013 08:41:47

Zombo wrote: where's the new simcity?? cant find a torrent
    Have you tried buying it? :hmm:
    Thanks to EA's anti-piracy measures, SimCity requires a permanent Internet connection to play.
    ;)

6. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Mar 11 2013 21:43:54

:( dont wanna pay for a crappy game im just gonna spend a few hours on

7. Kari
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 01:59:06

That's my problem with games. I'm constantly looking for new games but I never buy any because I don't know if I'll like it or if I will just never play it.

8. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 09:52:23

Zombo;251144]:( dont wanna pay for a crappy game im just gonna spend a few hours on[/QUOTE] Have you thought of trying freeware games then? If you give me a short list of games that you like, I'm sure I could give you a list of freeware games there is a good chance that you will enjoy. [QUOTE=Kari wrote: That's my problem with games. I'm constantly looking for new games but I never buy any because I don't know if I'll like it or if I will just never play it.
    Don't many games nowadays come with demo versions so that you can try the game out (I guess this is PC only?). Perhaps try reading reviews too. If a game review states it's similar to x and you liked x, then it's probably a good buy. Also, if you tell what recent games you enjoyed, I can ask my friends who enjoyed the same games what they have bought and liked since. Almost all my friends are big time gamers.

9. Kari
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 14:39:14

Mats wrote: Don't many games nowadays come with demo versions so that you can try the game out (I guess this is PC only?). Perhaps try reading reviews too. If a game review states it's similar to x and you liked x, then it's probably a good buy. Also, if you tell what recent games you enjoyed, I can ask my friends who enjoyed the same games what they have bought and liked since. Almost all my friends are big time gamers.
    Some games come with demos and some don't. Some people tell me I should get Borderlands 2 if I liked Skyrim but I watched some videos of it and I'm not sure it's something I would like. And there is no demo for it on the xbox. My computer is just good enough to play WoW so please don't be suggesting PC games. I like Call Of Duty Black Ops 2, and a lot of RPG's. I have played Left 4 Dead and Dead Island and while both have zombies, Left 4 Dead was the one I liked. I have been wanting another shooter game but I am not really interested in any out there right now.

10. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 14:47:29

Kari wrote: Some games come with demos and some don't. Some people tell me I should get Borderlands 2 if I liked Skyrim but I watched some videos of it and I'm not sure it's something I would like. And there is no demo for it on the xbox. My computer is just good enough to play WoW so please don't be suggesting PC games. I like Call Of Duty Black Ops 2, and a lot of RPG's. I have played Left 4 Dead and Dead Island and while both have zombies, Left 4 Dead was the one I liked. I have been wanting another shooter game but I am not really interested in any out there right now.
    I was talking to a friend of mine about Skyrim last week. He had no suggestions for new games that are out that are really like Skyrim... :dunno: I guess time will bring one, probably this summer.

11. Kari
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 14:49:24

Mats wrote: I was talking to a friend of mine about Skyrim last week. He had no suggestions for new games that are out that are really like Skyrim... :dunno: I guess time will bring one, probably this summer.
    There was Dishonored by the creators of Skyrim but I watched a little bit of that and I'm not really interested in that either.

12. Mats
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 15:01:29

Kari wrote: There was Dishonored by the creators of Skyrim but I watched a little bit of that and I'm not really interested in that either.
    Neither is he (my friend). Anything that says 'From the creators of...' tends to not be as good, just as Psy's next hit after Gangnam won't be as good. Give them a cooling off time and wait for the next one. He's now playing Mass Effect. Have you ever played that?

13. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Mar 12 2013 18:14:16

@Mats I want to specifically try SimCity... I have plenty of indie games already.

14. Kari
    Date: Wed, Mar 13 2013 01:30:53

Mats wrote: Neither is he (my friend). Anything that says 'From the creators of...' tends to not be as good, just as Psy's next hit after Gangnam won't be as good. Give them a cooling off time and wait for the next one. He's now playing Mass Effect. Have you ever played that?
    I have never played Mass Effect. How is that?

15. Mats
    Date: Wed, Mar 13 2013 01:40:58

Kari wrote: I have never played Mass Effect. How is that?
    It's got a huge amount of storyline. About 50% (maybe 40%) of the game is watching cut scenes and deciding what to do during them, making choices toward good or evil and affecting how the game plot, which is a key element of the game, will play out. The other 50% is fighting. I've only seen one character type fight out of 6 (I think it's six) types available. That character generally uses a lot of spells/abilities whatever you wish to call them, as well as their weapon, to dispatch enemies. It has RPG elements, as you level up your stats fairly often and receive new items etc. You usually (or maybe always, can't quite remember) fight in a team of 3, with a squad of 2 others that you pick, plus yourself. Your teammates are generally rather useless when it comes to shooting, but you can use their abilities on the battlefield, which is rather useful.