UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / [SC] Ratslink's HG23 mod

1. ratslink
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 14:30:06

Hi, this is my first mod tutorial so please excuse me for certain flaws in the mod i made thx :D =========================== Stats: =========================== Ratslink's HG23 COG: More or less COP Length: 19.5cm Weight: This mod = CK Silver Style: Single sided Writing-Mechanism: N/A Ink-Type: N/A Estimated-Cost: S$8-12 =========================== Materials List: =========================== 1x Pilot G2 (grip) 1x Pilot G3 1x Dong-A Comssa(or cartoon comssa) 1x Signo Broad/Signo DX 1x Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip =========================== Tutorial: =========================== [SPOILER="Tutorial"][B]Gather materials below[/B]: -Comssa cap -G2 grip(x8 stripes) -Signo tip and grip -HGG body, tip and grip -G3 cap, tip and grip [B]Body[/B] Remove ink and backplug of HGG [B]Front[/B] 2. Cut a design on Signo grip(I used Signo broad for this). Slide the cut Signo grip onto the HGG grip, all this done with the HGG grip and tip still attached to the HGG body. 3. Remove the HGG/Signo grip combo from the body and slide in the 8 stripes of G2 grip. 4. Slide the HGG/Signo grip combo back on as far in as possible, without the G2 grips moving out of the original part on the HGG body where the HGG grip used to be. 5. Slot the Signo tip into the HGG grip and on top of the HGG tip. [B]Back[/B] 1. Cut off the clip of the G3 and sand it. Then, drop the G3 tip inside its cap. Cut off its grip, too, and slice it so that only the striped part of the grip is left. 2. Wrap clear tape around the top of the Comssa cap (in this mod I used cartoon comssa cap) so that the G3 cap will fit on snugly afterward. 3. Drop the G3 grip into its cap and push the Comssa cap into the G3 cap as far in as possible. 4. Put in an insert into the HGG body from the back and slide the comssa/G3 cap combo onto the back of the HGG body. 5. Spin :D[/SPOILER] Pls leave comments or questions TY!! !

2. asdfcrow
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 19:37:49

Problems: This is ugly. This isn't well made Comssa caps into another uncut cap is almost always ugly.

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 22:52:04

not much spinning space too

4. Archermitch
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 00:13:07

Be a little more positive, guys. It's his first tutorial. :o Not bad for a first attempt, man. It's more than I've ever modded in my 2 years of spinning. :P

5. +Guitrum+
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 00:41:36

who requested this?

6. ScaringChildren
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 01:06:51

No one.

7. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 01:23:58

Let the flaming begin.

8. ratslink
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 02:02:16

I alr said it isn't well made at the start. And yes it isn't very appealing to the eye but it spins fine. Well im just glad this thread isn't murdered. Yet.

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 02:06:13

I'm just putting in my thoughts here: Although requests aren't required to make a tut, they allow you to seethat your mod is liked by the community of modders here. making a tut without requests does not only make you prone to flaming, but makes you disliked in the board. Just try to get requests next time before you release a mod tut. :)

10. ratslink
    Date: Sat, Aug 21 2010 02:20:17

Sure Thx:)

11. Hyukan
    Date: Sun, Aug 22 2010 03:04:13

sdasdqawaca

12. sarugio
    Date: Sat, Sep 4 2010 02:31:51

find a nother way to make this mod longger without comssa cap

13. Hyukan
    Date: Mon, Sep 6 2010 03:50:46

It's a good try for first time making a mod :O so good job :] all in all looks good besides the color scheme, commsa cap, and the uhhh grip cut xD but good good goooooood try :]