UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / sideethumbspin hybrid

1. swike
    Date: Sun, Jan 13 2013 20:42:32

well, here I show you an hybrid between thumbspin and sidespin.I'm no sure about it. I think it could be included in the simultaneous tricks concept by Freeman.

2. Mats
    Date: Sun, Jan 13 2013 20:48:41

lol somewhere inbetween. I've never seen a spin done there. Nice job. :thumb: This is a new trick, rather than a hybrid. It needs a name really.

3. Reason
    Date: Sun, Jan 13 2013 21:07:30

@Mats i agree. not really a hybrid. i think that side-thumbspin or thumb-sidespin works fine. swikespin sounds cooler though lol :P

4. Kcom2002
    Date: Mon, Jan 14 2013 00:19:24

I have done that many times while practicing inverse thumbspin. If the pen spins on the bottom knuckle or below it to the fleshy part (yours was on the knuckle) it is known as a sidespin. This is not a new trick. It is a sidespin on the bottom knuckle of the thumb with your thumb tucked in. You could do this again with your thumb out. It is a sidespin.

5. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Jan 15 2013 14:11:29

Kcom2002 wrote: I have done that many times while practicing inverse thumbspin. If the pen spins on the bottom knuckle or below it to the fleshy part (yours was on the knuckle) it is known as a sidespin. This is not a new trick. It is a sidespin on the bottom knuckle of the thumb with your thumb tucked in. You could do this again with your thumb out. It is a sidespin.
    i've never seen a sidespin that high up before, i'd say it's different (and also more difficult since it has to be on the joint itself), whereas sidespin is on the fleshy part (and not the knuckle/joint at all)

6. Kcom2002
    Date: Tue, Jan 15 2013 22:06:11

i.suk wrote: i've never seen a sidespin that high up before, i'd say it's different (and also more difficult since it has to be on the joint itself), whereas sidespin is on the fleshy part (and not the knuckle/joint at all)
    Then what would you classify it as?