UPSB v4

General Discussion / pen length and weight.

1. Zelphus
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 16:45:38

Hi PSpinners,you know,sometimes a lot of beginners like to spin with a heavy pen like a firefly,buster,or something like that and when people asked them why do they not spin an R.S.V.P,a lighter mod and they always say:"aiyah,heavy pen easier to spin mah,i use light pen everytime fly away..."That's right.a heavier mod gives more balance,but heavy mods are used by professionals as they have greater sense of balancy.If a beginner was to continue spinning with a heavy mod,it will give their hands great pressures and cause hand pains.Even pros like ktrinh93 and x3silver uses R.S.V.P. Thats all i have to say.What's yr opinion?:snowman2:

2. Valentin
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 17:10:43

I like to spin with heavy mods, it's very comfortable, and I don't think they can cause hand pain... But I wouldn't spin a too heavy mod, I think I wouldn't be able to spin lighter mods after.

3. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 17:38:14

I prefer lighter mods, since they feel better. btw I think there's already a discussion thread for this. edit: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13247 there you go.

4. astronaut
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 18:00:22

I like 14-16 gram mods, so medium weight even though one of my first actual mods was a KT. @Valentine what mods do you spin?

5. PERSIST
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 18:08:06

In the middle I guess? I switch, sometimes I spin heavy, sometimes I spin light, I don't really prefer one over the other. But the mod can't be too heavy and it can't be too light, as long as they stay in a certain weight range, I'm cool. I can probably tolerate MX weight up to a little bit heavier than a Buster.

6. Tigres
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 18:53:42

First, ive never seen x3silver use any RSVP (no offense) beginners use heavy mods because of powertricks such as spreads, haituas, and even FL TAs. However, they forget about learning their linkages, thts why i mostly see beginners in UPSB, only spamming powertricks. (which are not favorable imo) After they learn the powertricks they struggle to make their own linkages since its heavy mods, thts where they get punished by only using heavy mods. Of course, there are early pros like nadhif or yaoss, or MKSFT, but those are the FEW ppl tht were successful. In this case, i prefer lighter mods like RSVP to the beginners so they can make their own style in their early ages. Then u r able to apply powertricks in the later ages by making ur mods gradually heavier. Eventually you will turn to a pro someday. It just takes time. srry for the bad english and long passage and thx for reading:D

7. Pixels
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 19:15:49

Thrs no relationship between using heavy mods and lacking linkages because of focus on powertricking. My first mod was a bic. After that was a buster followed by kt. I turned out fine and still spin med light mods like marvys, comssas and mxs.

8. Alex
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 19:50:05

If we would all leave this topic alone and shut up about what others spin it will all be all better

9. Valentin
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 20:05:08

@astronaut I spin a waterfall and a dr Kt.

10. 20%
    Date: Thu, Dec 27 2012 01:09:55

Err, i spin heavy mods, mostly for power stuff and slowing down my speed Heavy like a dr kt with signos in the cap, but i STILL SPIN DONGZA ish FAST Longest mod? Maybe 21-23 cm

11. x3silver
    Date: Thu, Dec 27 2012 03:24:53

ahahahas seldom . :P why is my name here ._. @colozo337