UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Palmspin

1. Eso
    Date: Fri, Jun 18 2010 22:05:46

A Palmspin is a trick that spins on the palm of the hand and can have 0.5+ revolutions. The Palmspin Normal rotates in a counter-clockwise direction (if right-handed), and the Palmspin Reverse in a clockwise direction. Video tutorial by KTrinh93 Video tutorial by Pari UPSB Wiki entry

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 06:52:46

Tutorial by Minwoo (I find very useful): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QtrPhJaus Simple ways to link into palmspin by GLAND: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWY-o8Fsns

3. Tidus
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:41:19

Video tutorial made by minwoo in 2 parts [video=youtube;r7QtrPhJaus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QtrPhJaus[/video] [video=youtube;SOl2cractBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOl2cractBc&feature=related[/video]

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 13:53:15

my tutorial: [video=youtube;aDO53ap7cgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDO53ap7cgM[/video]

5. walrus
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 16:01:56

One helpful tip is when ur doing palmspin, angle ur hand so the tips are lower and aiming on the ground. This helps the pen go more to the 'bump' farther up the hand.

6. Simplex
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 16:37:30

Jan wrote: One helpful tip is when ur doing palmspin, angle ur hand so the tips are lower and aiming on the ground. This helps the pen go more to the 'bump' farther up the hand.
    what???

7. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 16:43:24

Jan wrote: One helpful tip is when ur doing palmspin, angle ur hand so the tips are lower and aiming on the ground. This helps the pen go more to the 'bump' farther up the hand.
    that made no sense. why would the tips be pointing down... the pen will just fall O_o and how would that make it go farther up the hand???

8. blahblahting
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 17:05:36

just make sure to bend ur fingers back so that the base knuckles are the highest point of your hand o.o

9. jcho35
    Date: Fri, Nov 12 2010 23:40:46

How can I make my palm spin stay longer and spin longer???

10. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Nov 12 2010 23:47:55

practice

11. jcho35
    Date: Sat, Nov 13 2010 00:20:38

but when I'm practicing I get only 1.0 spin all the time

12. galax3i
    Date: Sat, Nov 13 2010 00:31:05

open your palm so that the fingers don't get into the way of the pen, and have the pen spin on the highest point of your hand. Also, use more force to push the pen. and PRACTICE

13. Fli-Arounder97
    Date: Sun, Nov 28 2010 18:46:02

hah it is very hard to offer hand to the pen when you finish TA

14. V-Storm
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 06:15:50

I'd like to know how too. I'm trying to try on how to do s777's palmspin in this 3rd year video. I wonder if there is a more powerful way to do palmspin other than thumbaround.

15. Sam
    Date: Sat, Dec 4 2010 06:27:14

Ohmygosh. Its pretty hard. the pen keeps hitting my thumb flap and stopping

16. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Dec 5 2010 02:16:47

v-storm wrote: I'm trying to try on how to do s777's palmspin in this 3rd year video. I wonder if there is a more powerful way to do palmspin other than thumbaround.
    Yeah I can't seem to figure out how s777 does palmspins that fast the way he did it in his video because when I do it that way, I get like 1.5 revolutions <_< I think he did it from an Inverse Shadow > palmspin but I'm not so sure =/

17. V-Storm
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:21:01

I'm also trying to learn twisted conic ==> Palmspin, but it seems impossible. Well, for any new trick it pretty much is. Honestly. s777's palmspin was probably a normal sonic...actually no.. I don't know.

18. ???
    Date: Mon, Dec 6 2010 05:26:48

KTrinh93;39701]Yeah I can't seem to figure out how s777 does palmspins that fast the way he did it in his video because when I do it that way, I get like 1.5 revolutions <_< I think he did it from an Inverse Shadow > palmspin but I'm not so sure =/[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=v-storm wrote: I'm also trying to learn twisted conic ==> Palmspin, but it seems impossible. Well, for any new trick it pretty much is. Honestly. s777's palmspin was probably a normal sonic...actually no.. I don't know.
    You guys can't tell? He's doing a Neosonic 34 ~ Palmspin Reverse.

19. V-Storm
    Date: Sun, Dec 12 2010 18:03:19

Ah I see. However, I just don't know how to go from NeoSonic to Palmspin

20. EpicSpinner
    Date: Sun, Dec 12 2010 18:16:55

this is a pretty hard trick, but cant wait till i can get it

21. Advecticity
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 04:43:20

So, what do people usually do after a Palmspin/how do you integrate it into a combo? Doing a -> fingerless ta seems quite advanced, should I just focus on trying to catch it in the right fingerslots?

22. WhatsOfTheUp1
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 05:39:57

I just learnt the palmspin~fl ta, and it feels like im doing it right. The pen is supposed to turn 1.0 revolutions on your palm right? If not, then I'm screwed

23. Riley
    Date: Tue, Dec 14 2010 05:42:03

Advecticity wrote: So, what do people usually do after a Palmspin/how do you integrate it into a combo? Doing a -> fingerless ta seems quite advanced, should I just focus on trying to catch it in the right fingerslots?
    You could use it as an ender, or do a swivel.

24. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:07:16

what are all the ways you can start a palm spin other than a thumbaround?

25. Soren
    Date: Wed, Dec 15 2010 17:14:54

i can get the pen onto my palm sometimes, but i can never quite make it to spin on my palm, any tips?

26. V-Storm
    Date: Sat, Dec 18 2010 22:33:05

When I started out, I could onlyy get a quarter or half spin. Now I get 2 revolutions on a MX, and 6 revolutions on a Buster. Anyways. Try to keep your fingers out of the way, so the pen can spin freely. Once you get it, a tip to get a lot of revolutions is to do the Thumbaround part with your hand at 45 degrees, then violently switch to "palm" mode. That's what I do.

27. Rawrzapan
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 03:22:50

How do you get the pen to go on to your palm? Whenever I do my ta it goes to my fingers.

28. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 03:26:07

Practice, identify the high spots on your outstretched hand and aim for it. (Look at the angle which you are trying to get the pen to spin as well)

29. Light
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 03:29:57

Cobra bite > Palm spin :D

30. Rawrzapan
    Date: Tue, Jan 11 2011 03:31:05

shoeman6 wrote: Practice, identify the high spots on your outstretched hand and aim for it. (Look at the angle which you are trying to get the pen to spin as well)
    The thing is the ball of my thumb (if that is what you call it) sticks out a lot. That is where I am trying to get it but it releases lower and just hits the ball.

31. V-Storm
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 02:29:32

Could I get the breakdown for this rev palmspin push? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuRUwi0SRmw

32. Riley
    Date: Tue, Jan 18 2011 03:16:14

v-storm wrote: Could I get the breakdown for this rev palmspin push? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuRUwi0SRmw
    Looks like palm down charge reverse 23 > palm up middle around reverse/neosonic ~> palmspin reverse

33. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jan 19 2011 22:30:42

When i do palmspins, i can usually get at least like 2.5, i'm working on maintaining it for longer.......i know i have to practice, but any other tips?

34. DLSpins
    Date: Thu, Jan 20 2011 00:39:24

I hafve heard that going for the underside of your knuckels is your best bet for palmspins

35. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Jan 20 2011 01:25:12

hmmnh.i've also tried going in from a neosonic palm up 1-2 and it was actually pretty good.

36. kwild
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:06:36

When I do this trick it always falls off my hand. Can someone help.

37. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 18:11:55

Practice practice practice, also, try aiming at a differen't spot... really, getting more revolutions is learning the feel of the spin, don't try to do a 55x at first, go for control, try doign 1 revolution, and when you can get that consistantly in the same place, go for 2, then 3 etc.

38. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 20:00:53

I can't do palmspins either...

39. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 20:19:28

Im-still-here wrote: I can't do palmspins either...
    What part are you having trouble with?

40. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:17:38

Snorky wrote: What part are you having trouble with?
    I do it right, it just does half a spin and stops. It won't spin a lot..just half a spin and stops.

41. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:20:15

Im-still-here wrote: I do it right, it just does half a spin and stops. It won't spin a lot..just half a spin and stops.
    I'm having the same problem, I practiced it so much and my hand is still hurting. I guess the only way to fix the problem is more practice though.

42. Im-still-here
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:25:04

Snorky wrote: I'm having the same problem, I practiced it so much and my hand is still hurting. I guess the only way to fix the problem is more practice though.
    Wow you must of practiced [B]A LOT[/B] then. I guess you're right though. Practice, practice, practice...

43. Snorky
    Date: Sat, Feb 5 2011 21:29:13

Im-still-here wrote: Wow you must of practiced [B]A LOT[/B] then. I guess you're right though. Practice, practice, practice...
    I usually practice pen spinning when I'm on my computer, and yesterday I was really busy so I ended up practicing for like 4 hours straight. On topic: To anybody just starting to learn how to palmspin, I would recommend Minwoo's tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QtrPhJaus

44. Riley
    Date: Tue, Feb 22 2011 00:46:22

Any tips on how to do palmspin transfers? As in ways to start it, or just tips. Things like minwoo's WT videos.

45. Soren
    Date: Tue, Mar 1 2011 16:50:47

i can go from thumbaround into a palmspin but i cant get it to spin on my palm, i cant seem to get my palm really flat, when i just hold my pen slightly above my palm and spin it, it doesnt really spin, coz of my unflat palm is this normal? does other people get this? can i/will i eventually get my palm completely flat so that i can perform the palmspin? help please

46. lilpenguiny
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 00:18:40

alright, i got a few small problems with this trick. for one, when i very first did it, it went straight onto my palm and did at least 2 spins. i felt proud of myself and thought it would be an extremely easy trick to master. i have not had the pen barely even touch my palm since then. every time at the end of the thumbaround, it would end up catching inside the thumbflap. i fixed this by closing my thumb when i flip my palm up. but now it still doesnt make it onto my palm. it still gets caught at the very tip of my thumb and bottom of my index, and if that doesnt happen, it gets swatted down by my fingers or thumb. ive gotten lucky a few times with it at least rolling off my palm, or hitting it at all. i have been practicing this trick for about a week and a half. any protips? >.< and i am bending my fingers back to create a proper spinning space for my pen.

47. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 00:28:49

@lilpenguiny You could try lowering your hand slightly when it gets to the palmspin position you will reduce contact.

48. lilpenguiny
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 00:59:43

Thanks man! :D helped alot, thanks to you i just completed my first palmspin in forever xD now, one other small problem, the pen is deciding to hug my thumb and only spin on the thumb knuckle. if its still a palmspin then thats great. if not, then how do i get it away from my thumb without fucking everything up? xD

49. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 01:06:45

@lilpenguiny What do you mean by hugging the thumb knuckle?

50. lilpenguiny
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 01:16:18

i was just trying to say that its mainly spinning on my thumb knuckle. like i spin it, it goes on my palm, but it stays by the thumb and continues to spin on the side of the thumb knuckle.

51. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 01:22:12

@lilpenguiny You mean when your palm is up, the pen gravitates towards the fingerprint area of the thumb? You can try keeping moving your thumb outward whe nyou turn from palm side to palm up so the pen will not have a chance to stay on the thumb. Make sure the thumb is not attached to the palm. Unless I'm misreading what your saying. (Please correct me is so.)

52. lilpenguiny
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 01:36:11

yeah, thats what it did. i tried moving my thumb away but that started making the pen swat away again. its like when i do the thumbaround at all, the pen will not leave my thumb. the pulling away did work a few times. but like i said, most of the time its sticking with my thumb. its like my thumb is hitting the pen every time. i can hear my nail hitting the pen.

53. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 06:02:54

@lilpenguiny I'm still not entirely sure what problem you are facing bur I think you should give it some time keep practicing it. Remember to turn your thumb out when the pen is 3/4 the way around the thumb (Around the TF area). Keep your hand as stretched out as possible so that you create a peak point on your hands to reduce friction. You should be able to get it soon. The problem many lie in how you do your TA. The Palmspin works at optimum (For me anyways) when the TA goes around the node of the thumb.

54. lilpenguiny
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:54:27

it could be the way i do my TA. i haven't looked into it too much. but it does look like im doing somethin weird.

55. Soren
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 16:20:14

Hippo2626 wrote: @Soren Blade What you have to do is stretch out your hand to a convex shape not keeping it flat when you start. Try making the palm area of your hand especially right below the fingers and above the lines on the palms. That areas should be the highest point on your hand so as to reduce contact between the pen and hand to avoid increasing friction. keeping the hand completely flat is not enough when you are starting to learn this trick.
    okay thanks, i'll keep that in mind and practice palmspin

56. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Mar 2 2011 23:42:12

Once you can get your hand to curve completely backwards, and balance on the apex point, it will spin FOREVER...if you can maintain the balance (which after learning the trick, becomes the most difficult part)....anyways, once you get it to spin on that one point, the pen will literally feel weightless.

57. YoPhagg
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 10:57:42

Hey guyz i'm new to UPSB and i am trying to learn some tricks and palm spinning seems like a cool trick i have perfected the thumb around which is basically all u really need to know for the palm spinning if wat i have heard is true . but the thing is in minwoos tut it says to release rite when u catch the thumbaround but when even i do it it just rolls down and i cant get the spin going any help and tips its really hard and i really wanna learn and teach to a frined

58. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 11:19:12

@YoPhagg I recommend you don't learn this trick just yet, seeing as you are new to Pen Spinning. Yes Minwoo did say in his tutorial that you can learn this trick right after you learn the Thumbaround but it is never a good idea to learn an advanced trick this early in your PSing career, You Should learn the fundamentals and other simpler tricks first. but if you decide to learn this trick, I don't think Minwoos tut said release when you catch (though I might have forgotten), You should turn your hand after the pen completed 270 degrees of the thumbaround.

59. Along
    Date: Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:42:08

this thread includes PalmSpin > Fl TA? Cuz I need help with that. I can do a pal spin back to flta, but after than, the momentum is gone and i can't go back to the palmspin. any tips? Ive watched vgg's tut.

60. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, Mar 16 2011 11:53:52

@Along http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=1258

61. YoPhagg
    Date: Thu, Mar 17 2011 08:42:48

Does anyone know of any tutorials tht tell different ways of entering a palm spin besides the normal thumbaround like the one in Minwoos tutorial? Like it looked like a fingerpass into a thumb around any tips or tutorials?

62. tacohead12
    Date: Thu, Mar 17 2011 15:46:36

I think KTrinh has tutorial on the palmspin.

63. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Mar 18 2011 02:00:32

@YoPhagg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWY-o8Fsns

64. YoPhagg
    Date: Tue, Mar 22 2011 06:01:13

Hey guyz do u know another way of entering a palm spin like in minwoos tut he did it i think like fingerpass coz i really cant do the TA palmspin it just rolls down

65. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Mar 22 2011 06:05:35

The easiest way to do it is with to start with the TA. The others are harder. I suggest you sit down and meticulously study what your doing when you try to do a palmspin. See what is off when you do it.

66. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sat, Apr 2 2011 18:05:25

why does my pen bounce on my palm? any way to prevent it?

67. Olji
    Date: Sat, Apr 2 2011 19:10:11

I stretch my finger WAY back, so they're sloping down, that way the pen wont hit them, and then have the palm flat, try just to make your hand flat without any pen, and train it in so you can get your hand like that instantly, that worked for me at least :P

68. RicLu98
    Date: Sun, Apr 3 2011 03:13:39

[video=youtube;xEDNWbZVk9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEDNWbZVk9w[/video] my tut might help

69. Soren
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 15:03:40

okay, so i can do the palm spin, but need some help/advice when i execute the trick, it spins pretty slow and only about 0.5 to 2 revolutions how do i make it spin faster, with more rotations? (please dont tell me to push harder/faster, i've tried that, it doesnt work)

70. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Apr 17 2011 15:51:59

Soren Blade wrote: okay, so i can do the palm spin, but need some help/advice when i execute the trick, it spins pretty slow and only about 0.5 to 2 revolutions how do i make it spin faster, with more rotations? (please dont tell me to push harder/faster, i've tried that, it doesnt work)
    If you tried making the basic TA faster and nothing does, IDK. Does your pen has some kind of tape/friction material? If so, try using another pen or take the tape off

71. Greendrago10
    Date: Mon, Apr 18 2011 06:16:01

Soren Blade wrote: okay, so i can do the palm spin, but need some help/advice when i execute the trick, it spins pretty slow and only about 0.5 to 2 revolutions how do i make it spin faster, with more rotations? (please dont tell me to push harder/faster, i've tried that, it doesnt work)
    pushing faster HAS to make more palmspin revolutions. if pushing faster/harder isn't helping, then you probably haven't mastered balancing the pen yet or etc

72. trish_lim96
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 15:44:31

Sorry if there is another thread like this... I can't find one Last week, I was practicing to do the palm spin and I managed to do it like 10 times xD. But after 2 days rest, it seems that I can't do it anymore :'(. Its kinda like my hand and my pen is kinda slippery and it been days that I'm feeling this. Any tips or advices on how to do the palm spin? :)

73. Wisp
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 16:27:21

Want to know the secret to success?

SpoilerPractice.

74. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 17:57:59

Wisp's comment is useless. Everyone here already knows PRACTICE is the most important factor but for everything, not just for palmspin. Ok, so @DJSpin any suggestions? Also, I would highly suggest that you watch this video, I learned the palmspin by that video, but I got it better with DJspin's teaching in person of course. So both are helpful ;).

75. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 22:19:17

trish_lim96 wrote: Sorry if there is another thread like this... I can't find one Last week, I was practicing to do the palm spin and I managed to do it like 10 times xD. But after 2 days rest, it seems that I can't do it anymore :'(. Its kinda like my hand and my pen is kinda slippery and it been days that I'm feeling this. Any tips or advices on how to do the palm spin? :)
    Seriously, search. ----> http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=137 Watch Miwoo's tutorial on palm spin. <_< [video=youtube;r7QtrPhJaus]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7QtrPhJaus[/video]

76. Quake
    Date: Wed, Sep 28 2011 23:16:10

yes, like Escorpio already mentioned, open up your hand wide. dont keep your hand perfectly flat but bend ur fingers back. Like already said, it keeps ur fingers from stopping any momentum. also if ur going from a TA into palmspin, aim for the high point of ur hand, usually right under ur index finger. it works for me and ive gotten up to 9.0 Revolution palmspins. BE AWARE tho that even tho opening your hand wide can cause more revolutions, in general it can be hard to control. just keep practicing and best of luck. :)

77. trish_lim96
    Date: Fri, Sep 30 2011 12:30:12

Thanks for the tips guy!!! I really get it now :D but its really hard to practice using a mx. DX

78. ron-g
    Date: Tue, Nov 22 2011 09:31:52

Any tips on doing it FL TA Rev > Palmspin? EDIT: My bad, sorry about the wrong notation. Anyway, I'll get onto that now. Thanks.

79. Advecticity
    Date: Wed, Nov 23 2011 02:06:04

You mean FL TA Rev > Palmspin Rev? Try starting with a TF Charge Rev.

80. ItsNick
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 11:41:14

lol i can only make 1.5 palmspin only....how can i archive higher spin?

81. Aurora
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 13:07:15

Practice :banghead:

82. Gash
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 14:21:28

There is already a thread on palmspin. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=137&highlight=palmspin Please post in that thread >__> And to answer your question. Practice is the main way since there are no shortcuts in pen spinning. Tips are to keep your hand flat and fingers bent and far as possible, and make the initial thumbaround push stronger.

83. Quake
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 18:47:09

Gash wrote: There is already a thread on palmspin. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=137&highlight=palmspin Please post in that thread >__> And to answer your question. Practice is the main way since there are no shortcuts in pen spinning. Tips are to keep your hand flat and fingers bent and far as possible, and make the initial thumbaround push stronger.
    I dont know how many revolutions u get doing palmspins that way. not many i imagine. cus i keep my fingers together and get 16.0's. :P

84. ItsNick
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 19:24:14

kk...i did 3.5...tq guys.. ^^

85. Imitiate
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 23:25:30

Just make thee push with the thumb harder

86. Gash
    Date: Sat, Dec 24 2011 00:27:23

DJSpin wrote: I dont know how many revolutions u get doing palmspins that way. not many i imagine. cus i keep my fingers together and get 16.0's. :P
    Ughh sorry lol, I meant bent back as far as possible.

87. Lucid
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 02:19:20

How do you get it to start spinning

88. Gash
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 02:30:48

inarewski902 wrote: How do you get it to start spinning
    Do a Thumbaround, and then turn your hand so it faces up. Timing is very important.

89. Lucid
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 02:33:20

Gash wrote: Do a Thumbaround, and then turn your hand so it faces up. Timing is very important.
    I know but It doesn't work for me

90. Gash
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 02:45:49

inarewski902 wrote: I know but It doesn't work for me
    Try to aim for the pen to spin on the top right area of the palm if you're right handed, this is as that is the highest area of your palm. If you try to make the pen spin in the centre of the palm, it will be more difficult. If it helps, run your hand is warm water for a few seconds so your palm is smoother. It worked for me when I first started learning this trick.

91. Lucid
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 02:49:53

I meant the part going to the palmspin

92. MrBlazery
    Date: Wed, Jan 4 2012 03:11:09

watch minwoo's tutorial. It is really helpful. Just when the thumbaround is half-way there, open up your hand. Its how i learned the palmspin. Might not be the same for everyone.

93. Fate
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 15:20:42

MrBlazery wrote: watch minwoo's tutorial. It is really helpful. Just when the thumbaround is half-way there, open up your hand. Its how i learned the palmspin. Might not be the same for everyone.
    i have opened up my palm but then the pen stop immediately,any help?

94. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 15:48:03

Fate wrote: i have opened up my palm but then the pen stop immediately,any help?
    Do not open it too early. You have to try and see which is the best moment to open your palm. I used to screw up my Palmspins but now it's almost second nature. Just drill it.

95. Karrot
    Date: Tue, Jan 31 2012 22:56:45

This trick I got pretty quickly, it's just the timing that's hard to get

96. Joiemoie
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 17:59:29

Question1: When I do the TA into palmspin, should the TA be above or below the knuckle? Question2: Is it ok if I only attempt to palmspin on the back knuckle of my index finger? I find that that place has most surface area, balance, and highest up.

97. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Feb 12 2012 03:07:04

jliba12 wrote: Question1: When I do the TA into palmspin, should the TA be above or below the knuckle? Question2: Is it ok if I only attempt to palmspin on the back knuckle of my index finger? I find that that place has most surface area, balance, and highest up.
    if it's easier for you to do palmspin on the back knuckle of your index finger than sure, as long as it works

98. FireIce
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 04:08:31

ugh whenever i do palmspin, it always gets stuck after the thumbaround, it gets really annoying and when it doesnt get stuck right after the thumbaround, it spins like 2 times and i dont catch it.... i need help

99. Quake
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 05:15:46

Boberbojoe wrote: ugh whenever i do palmspin, it always gets stuck after the thumbaround, it gets really annoying and when it doesnt get stuck right after the thumbaround, it spins like 2 times and i dont catch it.... i need help
    try opening your hand more. It'll make it harder for the pen to get stuck. as for catching it, its alot of timing. watch Ktrinh93's tut for the trick. its really good and if u keep practicing, you'll get 16.0s in no time ;)

100. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Feb 16 2012 20:42:05

DJSpin wrote: try opening your hand more. It'll make it harder for the pen to get stuck. as for catching it, its alot of timing. watch Ktrinh93's tut for the trick. its really good and if u keep practicing, you'll get 16.0s in no time ;)
    how do you open your hand more? O.o

101. Quake
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 00:15:54

Karrot wrote: how do you open your hand more? O.o
    when you open your hand to let the pen spin, open it wide. like stretch ur fingers out as wide as they go. Once u get the idea you can bring your fingers closer together, while trying to keep the same amount of revolutions.

102. Karrot
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 20:50:00

DJSpin wrote: when you open your hand to let the pen spin, open it wide. like stretch ur fingers out as wide as they go. Once u get the idea you can bring your fingers closer together, while trying to keep the same amount of revolutions.
    Oh, I see. That does help

103. lilaznkid9
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 17:32:10

Hey i can't seem to get my fingers to bend back far enough so there is a high point for the pen to spin on. Anyone got any stretching exercise to help me out on this?

104. Monk
    Date: Thu, Mar 13 2014 20:56:58

Your fingers need time to develop muscles and get used to the motion, just keep practicing the PS and it'll grow on it's own pace.

105. Vektor
    Date: Wed, Mar 26 2014 05:01:11

one of the hardest tricks i ever got to learn!! Pen spins but falls off from the left side of my palm(i am a right hand spinner)!!!

106. Xzeria
    Date: Wed, Mar 26 2014 13:42:05

Spinner_Zap wrote: one of the hardest tricks i ever got to learn!! Pen spins but falls off from the left side of my palm(i am a right hand spinner)!!!
    You need to tilt your hand slightly to the right then, to keep it from sliding to that side.

107. happywendigo
    Date: Wed, Jun 11 2014 12:10:09

jcho35 wrote: How can I make my palm spin stay longer and spin longer???
    I find that if you push your hand up (the flip side of your knuckles- that palm area) you're isolating the amount of area of move so it spins more. But then again you need to adjust that for it work. I found that if you push the pen too hard, the pen will completely fly off, so regulate the amount of force you give. Its just practise and by chance it will spin for longer. And maybe a heavier pen may help (if your current one isn't).

108. HuTai
    Date: Wed, Jul 9 2014 05:26:47

Is there a certain spot where the pen needs to be spun?

109. ShadowParadox
    Date: Wed, Jul 9 2014 06:40:47

HuTai wrote: Is there a certain spot where the pen needs to be spun?
    Yes

110. nv16
    Date: Wed, Jul 9 2014 07:20:45

If you bend back your fingers as far as they can, the bit of your hand that's between your index finger and your palm should be slightly higher up than the other parts, that's the bit it needs to spin on

111. Sekai
    Date: Wed, Jul 9 2014 08:11:49

I'd say right there, but i guess it depends on the spinner's own way to do the trick

112. MarcoC
    Date: Sat, Jul 12 2014 22:32:30

May someone help me, whenever i get 1 revolution it flys out of my hand instead of staying in my palm so I could do a swivel.