UPSB v4

General Discussion / new way to write fingerless notation

1. spenpinner
    Date: Fri, Dec 21 2012 22:28:15

okay so the way I see it is that the way we break down tricks that are fingerless and/or hybrids in an informal way (bust ~> fl bust) needs a small modification because i'm left without finger slots for the tricks when i notate it. example: bust 12-?? ~> fl bust ??-12 so to fix that i propose that we simply make 'fl' an actual finger slot. Ex: bust 12-fl ~> bust fl-12 by making that change it adds a better description of where the finger trick ends and the finger-less trick starts. other examples: twisted sonic 23-fl ~> shadow fl-23 (devil's sonic) thumb around tf-fl ~> palm spin fl-fl ~> thumb around fl-tf (ta -> ps) yes, fingerless isn't a slot, but I still think it would make a lot more sense to interpret it as a slot to get the idea of where the fingerless trick is executed. I've used this notation concept for a while and I feel that makes way more sense than how most notate tricks and I have not ran into any hybrid/power/aerial trick that I cannot break down with using it. [B]btw this isn't a formal way to write notation, it is just a different way that might make more sense to other people when reading informal notation.[/B] -Thanks

2. strat1227
    Date: Fri, Dec 21 2012 22:32:03

That really doesn't make any sense lol. read the full interrupted notation RD article on the wiki to understand the full expanded way to truly write it people just use the simplified version because it's easier and more convenient. if they want to describe it better, they can use the full notation.

3. suppyfezzy
    Date: Sat, Dec 22 2012 00:24:01

is there a tl;dr thing?

4. [TGN]
    Date: Sat, Dec 22 2012 01:39:36

tl;dr : FL is a slot.