UPSB v4

Off-topic / Nasty Teacher....What to do?

1. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 21:37:06

So today i went to school and it was just like any other day... all the teachers were the same. but my english teacher, the nastiest of all, told us yesterday that we were going to write a compare/contrast essay. that class she spent telling us wat not to do. the next day I went up there and I wrote a pretty nice piece and I got an old teacher to read it (thought it was great) a friend of mine goes up there the same day and tells her to read it. (it was full of shit she told us not to do) He got recognition and praise, commendment and all that stuff that NO ONE in the world has gotten before and i got yelled at continously like i killed someone..... with her its like if u do ur work like she wants it then she loves u but if ur colored and u do ur work ur hated. If u dont do ur work either if ur colored or not ur screwed for ur life. This has been going on all year and I am just tired and stressed out. Please tell me what i can do, THANK YOU EDIT: forgot bout this: I also took a friends paper when she said it was nice and basically reworded it completely w/ same concept and then she yelled at me again...... damn i wish i was dead or something *****I cant switch out of the class cuz its the only Advanced teacher for english and they wont let me......

2. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 21:52:02

Just drop out of school. Either that or follow instructions.

3. 20%
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:20:29

Fuck, had that experience too, the harshness Two words: SCREW SCHOOL, it just ment to waste life for learning the same thing over and over

4. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:23:51

Awesome wrote: Just drop out of school. Either that or follow instructions.
    Umm.... i have a feeling you read it wrong... My friend was the one who gave the essay with stuff that she didnt want and got praise.... I followed wat to do like i usually do and got yelled at....

5. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:25:12

SwitchPalm wrote: Fuck, had that experience too, the harshness Two words: SCREW SCHOOL, it just ment to waste life for learning the same thing over and over
    Not to be mean or anything... School is just about the most important thing that you can ever do/go to....

6. 20%
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:35:48

Lol sorry :xd: now i get it, is that nasty teacher old or anything, cuz in my world, older teachers can and will be F-ing nasty

7. Mats
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:38:13

with her its like if u do ur work like she wants it then she loves u but if ur colored and u do ur work ur hated. If u dont do ur work either if ur colored or not ur screwed for ur life.
    If you really think that is true, put in a complaint to the headteacher.

8. Reason
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:38:50

well... if she gives you a fair grade when you do the work right then just ignore the bitch and do it. if she isnt giving you a grade you deserve then theres really not a whole lot you can do... you could try to argue or talk with her, but many times teachers are too stuck up to take suggestions. you could also take it up with some higher authority, but that could mean that nothing gets done (the higher authority has "better things" to do) or the teacher just gets annoyed that you ratted her out. i guess im not that great with this sort of advice since im in a very different type of school. its k-12 and only 250 students. there is a very different relationship between teachers and students.

9. 20%
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:45:14

Is she old? Weird question. does she give you bullshit grade even if youdo everything correctly? If she does this tell me

10. spenpinner
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 22:51:17

You're saying she's racist, right? well, if you truly believe that then address the principle in a formal way. Don't act immature about it because that just makes him think that you're just pissed at her for giving you a bad grade.

11. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 23:15:20

SwitchPalm wrote: Is she old? Weird question. does she give you bullshit grade even if youdo everything correctly? If she does this tell me
    She is old. And I feel like shes mean cuz her grandson has some stuttering problems and other mental issues and most of us (not me, i dont even know the kid) make fun of him. And she only gives me bs grades when i ask her if sumthings right and she says ya then when i hand it in she says its wrong.... Thats just fucking lying

12. BeyondEminence
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 23:17:55

Reason wrote: well... if she gives you a fair grade when you do the work right then just ignore the bitch and do it.
    Thats the thing, her reasoning is just like an illiterate three y/o.... shell tell u its right then say its wrong.....FUCKING HYPOCRITE

13. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 00:08:23

BeyondEminence wrote: Thats the thing, her reasoning is just like an illiterate three y/o.... shell tell u its right then say its wrong.....FUCKING HYPOCRITE
    LOL i had a teacher like that, damn bad memorys :hah:

14. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 00:11:01

BeyondEminence wrote: She is old. And I feel like shes mean cuz her grandson has some stuttering problems and other mental issues and most of us (not me, i dont even know the kid) make fun of him. And she only gives me bs grades when i ask her if sumthings right and she says ya then when i hand it in she says its wrong.... Thats just fucking lying
    Ok then, true she is mean, just report her to higher authority. Damn teachers with bitchy attitudes...

15. Quake
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 00:13:03

Simply reading this title made me think something completely different than what this thread is about.

16. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 00:15:19

I dunno why you're asking here. My first instinct would be to mention it to the principle. My principle, and all of the principles i've had, just walk around school and i see them constantly. If i have an issue, i talk to them about it. If you want something done, then do it. Don't pussy around and ask on a forum like this. Get that shit done.

17. Raos
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 00:45:39

Seems like every other english teacher to me.

18. wotu1
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 01:51:23

In contributing nothing, but at first glance I thought this would e about some sex affair with a teacher, but it's just regular stuff. I'm depressed

19. BeyondEminence
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 02:07:09

Tetsip wrote: I dunno why you're asking here. My first instinct would be to mention it to the principle. My principle, and all of the principles i've had, just walk around school and i see them constantly. If i have an issue, i talk to them about it. If you want something done, then do it. Don't pussy around and ask on a forum like this. Get that shit done.
    Wow....I was appalled by ur thoughts and i was wondering wat i could do to stop her from acting like this.... Not really looking to get her fired cuz i no she wont

20. spenpinner
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 02:35:31

BeyondEminence wrote: Wow....I was appalled by ur thoughts and i was wondering wat i could do to stop her from acting like this.... Not really looking to get her fired cuz i no she wont
    its not about getting her fired. It's about standing up for what you think is right.

21. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 03:20:54

BeyondEminence wrote: Wow....I was appalled by ur thoughts and i was wondering wat i could do to stop her from acting like this.... Not really looking to get her fired cuz i no she wont
    you are 100% entitled stand up for what you think is right, as @spenpinner has said. The main focus of you being in school right now is that you get the best education that you can. If you feel as if you are not being given this, bring this issue up with an administrator. Firing teachers is actually quite difficult, considering if she's been there for a while, then she is on 10-year, meaning that she can't get fired.

22. Alex
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 03:45:06

Oh lol i thought you actually meant a nasty teacher. One of my friends teachers told him to either be quiet and study or go to another room and go play with himself. I thought you meant that kind of nasty teacher :dunno:

23. Zelphus
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 04:40:51

If next time she shout her head off again,u tell her:"Put a sock in it!I did my share of work and done the besr i could."

24. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 05:39:39

Tetsip wrote: I dunno why you're asking here. My first instinct would be to mention it to the principle. My principle, and all of the principles i've had, just walk around school and i see them constantly. If i have an issue, i talk to them about it. If you want something done, then do it. Don't pussy around and ask on a forum like this. Get that shit done.
    I wish someone taught me good principles :/ now as for principals that I had, they were all quite good so far.

25. King
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 05:48:51

pee in her butt

26. King
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 05:57:46

dub post. my b

27. Rees
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 06:21:35

Do you hand in drafts? It doesn't sound like it. Find out exactly what is wrong with it, then fix it. Profit.

28. jet
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 06:45:51

yeah ive had teachers like that. This is what u do. 1) recognize the teacher in the first day or two 2) kiss up like heck 3) do things her way=> assignments, what she likes students to do, etc. 4) do any extra credit + ask for help from her 5) get an A

29. BeyondEminence
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 20:16:49

jet wrote: yeah ive had teachers like that. This is what u do. 1) recognize the teacher in the first day or two 2) kiss up like heck 3) do things her way=> assignments, what she likes students to do, etc. 4) do any extra credit + ask for help from her 5) get an A
    Ya... I tried that.... Theres already a huge kiss up in the class who gets all things he wants and all A's when he uses words like "shit" in his work.... And she doest give extra credit she says that she has to grade more things and it makes her life harder. Just like when she assigns work.........Shes the one whos a teacher if she didnt wanna grade papers she shouldnt be a teacher....