UPSB v4

Board Help / (New) Board Features!

1. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Jun 15 2010 00:51:05

Use this thread to discuss/ask questions about any of the board's features. [B]Mentioning users:[/B] You can mention a user in a post by typing @username (like twitter) For example, @Zombo thanks for adding all the new features! [B]Groups:[/B] Groups work similarly to groups in v3. All groups must be recreated. When creating, if you want your forum to be private you must click "users must join to see content." If you set as invite only, you can invite by Admin > Pending & Invited Members [B]Reputation:[/B] Similar to the "Thanks" feature on v3, you can give a post reputation on UPSBv4. The board keeps up with how many people gave you positive/negative reputation, so users can see who are especially helpful users. It also auto-hides posts that get -5 reputation (similar to Youtube) For example, you can give me positive reputation for this post ;) [B]Feedback:[/B] Feedback on trades for UPSBv4 works similar to v3. You can go to a user's profile, click the "Feedback" tab, and fill out the form. The "options" tab allows you to give more info, like the thread if there was one. The browser lets you look through all posted trades. [B]Tournaments:[/B] Full members (20+ posts) are able to create tournaments on UPSBv4! Go to the "Competitions" tab at the top, and click "New Tournament" on the left to get started! ANY members may join a tournament already created (including New Members with <20 posts). See this announcement for more info. [B]Prefixes:[/B] UPSBv4 has thread prefixes! Throughout the board there will be threads starting in [Info] [Guide] [Resource] [Help] and [Request]. These not only make it easier to see when browsing the board, but when completing a search, you can filter by prefix to see only what you want! Also, in the Trading section and MediaZone, there are prefixes specific to those areas, check out the stickies in the respective subforums for more info [B]Gallery: [/B] UPSBv4 allows you to make photo galleries and upload images to show others. Go to "Gallery" at the top and click "Add Album" to get started! [B]Thread tags:[/B] Similar to Youtube and other sites, you can "tag" threads when you post them, or others can add tags to your thread later. This not only makes searches work better, but you can specifically filter by tag to see only threads you're interested in! [B]Similar Threads:[/B] When you're viewing a thread, the board will display "Similar Threads" based on thread title, to help you easily find helpful information. [B]Calendar: [/B] There's a communal Calendar for UPSB! Click "Calendar" at the top of the page to view it. You can add events by choosing which Calendar it applies to with the Calendar Chooser, and click "add event". Also you can "subscribe" to an event, in which case you get an email reminder. So if there's an Auction deadline or Collab deadline, subscribers can get reminders a specified time before the final deadline! [B]Status:[/B] Like v3, UPSBv4 has a status system that you can change either in your profile, or under your name on one of your posts. [B]Shoutbox:[/B] Our new Shoutbox on UPSBv4 has tons of great features! See this thread for more info. [B] Thread Templates:[/B] Thread templates are pre-made models for specific types of post, that you can choose to use when making a new thread. For example, when making a battle thread you can choose the "1v1 Battle" template, and just fill in the names and links where the {text} indicates. To use a template, select it from the drop-down box on the same line as "Fonts" and "Sizes" Hope everyone enjoys the new board and its cool features :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask

2. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 04:33:58

So If 5 people give me negative reputation then all of my posts are auto hidden?

3. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 04:34:46

Kirby wrote: So If 5 people give me negative reputation then all of my posts are auto hidden?
    no, its decided post-by-post, if one of your post gets 5, only that post is hidden.

4. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 04:37:52

So it's by post to post? Then is there anywhere that has your total rep? "like the thanks system in UPSBv3"

5. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 04:38:24

yes, in your profile

6. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 04:56:19

OK thanks :) One quick question/comment though: Couldn't one person who dislikes you, post a lot of negative reputation for you, then your rep is ruined? One person, could singly handedly give you like -20 rep am I right?

7. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:26:36

we keep track of things, any abuse like that would surely be subject to punishment

8. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:35:07

Zombo wrote: we keep track of things, any abuse like that would surely be subject to punishment
    Then how do you get negative rep by post. It seems like the only way you can get it is by someone not liking you. You people give you bad rep for spam and stuff? Since you can't give negative rep to the person based on y our like for them, then what in a post makes it negative rep worthy? Idk I like the thanks system better <_< I think there will be a lot more abusing the the negative reputation. Only positive rep FTW

9. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 05:38:15

negative rep is given for spam posts mostly, it has nothing to do with the opinion of the person

10. VendettaBF
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 07:35:40

You can mention a user in a post by typing @username; (must post the semicolon) For example, @Zombo: thanks for adding all the new features!
    u didn't use a semicolon on ur example. xD

11. andrius123456789
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 07:35:55

Hey it seems I can't find the buttons for +1 nor -1. Where are they (just in case I know)? EDIT: It seems I can find it in other sections of the forum, but not this one. I guess that's the whole idea?

12. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:21:31

I think there is a post requirement to give feedback as well.

13. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:32:39

Zombo wrote: negative rep is given for spam posts mostly, it has nothing to do with the opinion of the person
    Then how was my last post given a negative rep? It wasn't spam. EDIT: Same with this post :(

14. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 13:56:56

Kirby;615]Then how was my last post given a negative rep? It wasn't spam. EDIT: Same with this post :([/QUOTE] i think some ppl are voting you down for being too self-conscious and they're letting you know about it. if the neg thing doesn't work well, we'll remove it, it's not a big deal, don't worry about it. [QUOTE=shoeman6 wrote: I think there is a post requirement to give feedback as well.
    requirement is 1 post i believe.
    u didn't use a semicolon on ur example. xD
    when you type it you write ; but it gets converted to :

15. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 17:41:43

One quick thing about the reputation (not negative reputation towards me :xd: : Is it anonymous. Like say I give someone a negative, will they know it was me who gave it to them?

16. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 24 2010 17:42:19

Kirby wrote: One quick thing about the reputation (not negative reputation towards me :xd: : Is it anonymous. Like say I give someone a negative, will they know it was me who gave it to them?
    yes its anonymous

17. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Aug 20 2010 20:36:07

The usertag feature now works exactly like twitter: just write @username to tag a user. THat person will get a notification to read your post!

18. iceicedh
    Date: Tue, Feb 5 2013 21:03:41

Am I blind, or is the Gallery option not at the top of the page, o.o? Or was it relocated somewhere else?

19. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 18:43:18

iceicedh wrote: Am I blind, or is the Gallery option not at the top of the page, o.o? Or was it relocated somewhere else?
    it was removed be causwe nobody used it.

20. Demetrius
    Date: Wed, Feb 6 2013 22:09:54

Zombo wrote: it was removed be causwe nobody used it.
    i never saw the button and would like to have a personal gallery for my fav pictures, just a request to put it back up, thanks

21. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 16:12:33

Request seconded. Can it go back up for a couple months to see what the response is like?

22. fang
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 18:14:04

Demetrius wrote: i never saw the button and would like to have a personal gallery for my fav pictures, just a request to put it back up, thanks
    Same here, I can use it to store my drawings and photo's.

23. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 18:19:45

fang wrote: Same here, I can use it to store my drawings and photo's.
    You could use it to store that comic book. :trollface:

24. fang
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 18:25:13

Mats wrote: You could use it to store that comic book. :trollface:
    Good idea, in that way I can use the gallery to show the comic to the people on UPSB. Thanks Mats, you are helpful as always!~ ^_^

25. Mats
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 18:33:38

fang wrote: Good idea, in that way I can use the gallery to show the comic to the people on UPSB. Thanks Mats, you are helpful as always!~ ^_^
    ...But will it ever be finished? :hmm:

26. fang
    Date: Sat, Feb 9 2013 19:50:13

Mats wrote: ...But will it ever be finished? :hmm:
    Yes it will, the story had some changes. ;) It's going to be even more awesome. ;) Thanks for your concern!

27. Cstarnes35
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 17:17:40

I'd like to be able to give another user positive reputation in general for things such as a nice combo or helpful actions. For ex. If someone has helped me through pm's and it'd be nice if I could give them a positive rep 😀

28. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 18:32:24

Cstarnes35 wrote: I'd like to be able to give another user positive reputation in general for things such as a nice combo or helpful actions. For ex. If someone has helped me through pm's and it'd be nice if I could give them a positive rep 😀
    use the like button

29. j3
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 17:00:44

not sure if in right thread, but how do you get words on top of your profile pic?

30. Zombo
    Date: Sat, May 11 2013 23:23:26

j3 wrote: not sure if in right thread, but how do you get words on top of your profile pic?
    u need 300 posts

31. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Jun 18 2013 08:20:35

Zombo wrote: u need 300 posts
    And then what do I do? I'm at 301 posts and I honestly can't figure it out. [B]EDIT: Figured it out. For those of you wondering, including @j3, it's under Settings, in the Edit Profile page, but you need 300+ posts for it.[/B]