UPSB v4

Presentation / CRISIS - No screen projector for talent show?

1. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 02:23:16

Okay, so there may be a thread for this already, I didn't search any, but the school talent show is coming up next Friday. We had a meeting today afterschool about it and I was gonna pen spin, but the teacher in charge says I'm most likely not gonna be able to use the cafeteria's huge screen projector for my hands. So, the problem is: I need a way to get the WHOLE school to be able to see me pen spininng somehow on stage without a screen projector. Even if I used my longest mod (~26 cm), I'm sure half of the school in the back seats will be like "what's that kid doing? I can't see anything, so lame." And, moderators, if there is a thread about this already, I beg that you only lock this thread after maybe a week or two, I NEED a solution ASAP, there's a talent show rehearsal tomorrow and I'd love a solution by this weekend.

2. [TGN]
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 02:30:11

Walk around the area while spinning? EDIT: LED Mod xDD

3. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 02:36:44

you'll be on stage so you should be seen by most people. Don't use a long mod, but make sure its bright and flashy. PS doesn't lend itself to large audiences nicely though =/

4. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 02:40:26

Hm, that's not a bad idea... they spent about 20 minutes discussing about 6 rules to us and none of them said anything about leaving the stage during the performance. I'm actually considering... my only fear is that the teacher won't accept that, but I wouldn't mind doing that at all, just as long as I have room to walk around.

Awesome wrote: you'll be on stage so you should be seen by most people. Don't use a long mod, but make sure its bright and flashy. PS doesn't lend itself to large audiences nicely though =/
    Yeah, I was gonna use two black and white mods (2 handed spinning), one was mostly black, so I'm probably going to have to put that aside and just use two white mods.

5. zohninja
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 03:12:24

this sounds cool you should get someone to film it :) wanna see how it goes

6. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 03:12:52

I wouldn't leave the stage, its hard to pull off good moves without drops as it is, walking around adds another level of difficulty. Not to mention when leaving the stage far fewer people will see you. Be happy if you can get the people at the front impressed.

7. wotu1
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 03:34:19

Meh, psing in a talent show might not be the most impressive thing, it doesnt have that wow factor like bboying or martial arts does. Like it's one of those hobbies to make people wtf for a day then they just get used to it. But since youre doing it, try to throw it up highhhhhh then catch it. Also put a shitton of pens in your pocket, that way if you drop, then just play it off as a joke and take another out of your pocket in a humorous way, so you dont look all awkward and shit like you weren't supposed to drop; make people know you were prepared to drop by having those shitton of pens in said pocket. And about your problem directly, spin a drumstick or a rod or shit But in all honesty penspinning is kind of a lame thing to do for a talent show, people like flashy things not some guy flipping a pen through his fingers, do it if you want tho

8. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 03:41:20

Thanks for all the replies. If I REALLY can't use the projector, then I'll just spin with all white pens and keep some backups in my pocket. I fear that if I walk around, I'll drop the pen and people will grab them and not give them back.

9. x3silver
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 06:58:09

Make a PS collab or Solo and project it to ur school >?

10. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 07:23:04

x3silver wrote: Make a PS collab or Solo and project it to ur school >?
    That won't work, people will claim that it's fake, I would if I was a non-pser and someone refused to spin live. And besides, there's no way the teacher would allow a pre-recorded performance.

11. x3silver
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 07:32:10

Spin using ur Body. Spinner P from PSH performed infront of a big crowd. But still got peoples attention and applause. If ur good enough, you can use ur entire body and spam around XD

12. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 07:37:41

x3silver wrote: Spin using ur Body. Spinner P from PSH performed infront of a big crowd. But still got peoples attention and applause. If ur good enough, you can use ur entire body and spam around XD
    Yeah, PS-728 did that in PSN 4th as well, but I haven't got any experience with that stuff at all. I'm still desperately praying that the school would just let me use their projector, but the chances are very slim.

13. Walkaz
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 09:08:57

strip naked and spin like nodata from the vacation series. Edit : i think you can do like how snow does it, spin with the gentleman attitude and wave your hands a lot

14. [TGN]
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:03:26

PERSIST wrote: That won't work, people will claim that it's fake, I would if I was a non-pser and someone refused to spin live. And besides, there's no way the teacher would allow a pre-recorded performance.
    Film beforehand, then do a transfer to the "live" you. That'll grab attention.

15. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 20:44:32

Walkaz wrote: strip naked and spin like nodata from the vacation series. Edit : i think you can do like how snow does it, spin with the gentleman attitude and wave your hands a lot
    This will work very well if he has mastered cont. dick bust. Might get him suspended, but he'll be a legend.

16. PERSIST
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 03:10:48

So the first rehearsal was held today and it was a complete disaster. The whole thing was (exactly) 30 minutes long and I spun for about a minute before the student host person interrupted and said "okay, that's good" which meant that the demo was over. After that, a friend came over and said that they couldn't even see me spinning, it just looked like I was standing there. So, my solution is to ask the teacher host tomorrow to give me a straight answer about the projector. If I can't use it, I'm dropping the talent show, there doesn't seem to be any way around it, I'll just look stupid if no one can see anything. Of course if I can use it, then everything's cool but the whole thing's awfully unorganized and the teacher keeps disappearing during the meetings for some reason.

17. Giotto
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 06:33:32

perhaps use some aerial trick and some trick that require some part of your body to accomplish(i think they have one) or do some acting while you're spinning? or just show it on the wall instead of screen.

18. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 14:22:06

PERSIST wrote: So the first rehearsal was held today and it was a complete disaster. The whole thing was (exactly) 30 minutes long and I spun for about a minute before the student host person interrupted and said "okay, that's good" which meant that the demo was over. After that, a friend came over and said that they couldn't even see me spinning, it just looked like I was standing there. So, my solution is to ask the teacher host tomorrow to give me a straight answer about the projector. If I can't use it, I'm dropping the talent show, there doesn't seem to be any way around it, I'll just look stupid if no one can see anything. Of course if I can use it, then everything's cool but the whole thing's awfully unorganized and the teacher keeps disappearing during the meetings for some reason.
    Just go up an spin for a minute. Pick someone in the audience make eye contact and spin. You aren't gonna impress the crowd but if you impress one person its worth it imo.

19. PERSIST
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 17:09:40

Awesome wrote: Just go up an spin for a minute. Pick someone in the audience make eye contact and spin. You aren't gonna impress the crowd but if you impress one person its worth it imo.
    I guess so. The dumb part is that my whole grade level (8) is sitting all the way in the back, so all the people I know probably won't see a thing. Well, I do know a few 7th graders and they'll be sitting in the middle (6th graders in front). I'm assuming all these seatings arrangemenets because that's how they are during school assemblies and the previous talent shows.

20. Obstracized
    Date: Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:31:58

Could you try spinning pens using your Shadow? Dumb Suggestion, but it's worth a try if you could use the projector or something.

21. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 8 2012 05:40:40

Obstracized wrote: Could you try spinning pens using your Shadow? Dumb Suggestion, but it's worth a try if you could use the projector or something.
    Probably not. I want normal footage, like you can actually see me hands and not just a shadow.

22. Obstracized
    Date: Sat, Dec 8 2012 06:47:08

PERSIST wrote: Probably not. I want normal footage, like you can actually see me hands and not just a shadow.
    Oh, okay.

23. subin_
    Date: Sat, Dec 8 2012 07:04:01

WTF dude........what a coincident I too had a talent show and decided to spin but due to problem exactly like your I was confused what to do But sadly got dropped out in the qualifying round ...but my talent show had 18 item all song and dance

24. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 8 2012 07:38:58

subin_ wrote: WTF dude........what a coincident I too had a talent show and decided to spin but due to problem exactly like your I was confused what to do But sadly got dropped out in the qualifying round ...but my talent show had 18 item all song and dance
    I know right? Everyone else is playing an instrument, dancing, and/or singing, but I'm not sure if everyone performed yet. People are always missing during rehearsal, but I think it's all just singing. Sorry about dropping out.

25. subin_
    Date: Sat, Dec 8 2012 09:56:50

PERSIST wrote: I know right? Everyone else is playing an instrument, dancing, and/or singing, but I'm not sure if everyone performed yet. People are always missing during rehearsal, but I think it's all just singing. Sorry about dropping out.
    No problem........well best of luck for you talent show BTW is there anyone there who is really going to do anything else other that singing and dancing in your talent show?

26. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 8 2012 23:20:06

subin_ wrote: No problem........well best of luck for you talent show BTW is there anyone there who is really going to do anything else other that singing and dancing in your talent show?
    All the performances I've seen at rehearsal (and I've been to all of them) are all singing, dancing, or playing an instrument. Edit: Nice, I can use the projector and during rehearsal today everyone in the back of the cafeteria said they could see. Woohoo!

27. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 04:57:28

Congrats and good luck

28. Giotto
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 09:16:42

Awesome!! problem solve! i wish you the best of luck for your talent show:D

29. subin_
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 13:37:32

congrats ...wish you luck

30. PERSIST
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 16:50:47

Thanks Giotto, subin, and SwitchPalm. Heading to school in a few minutes! Edit: Just got home, the talent show was a huge success!!!

31. [TGN]
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 01:39:12

Congrats! Do you have any videos to show? xD

32. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 02:16:17

[QUOTE='[TGN];238041']Congrats! Do you have any videos to show? xD[/QUOTE] Unfortunately not. I believe only yearbook people were perimitted to take pictures.

33. subin_
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 03:38:55

so did you win it??

34. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 04:51:01

Win? There are no winners. It's all just performing, not really a contest.

35. subin_
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 05:33:52

oh!....ANYWAYS congrats

36. Giotto
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 05:52:47

Congratulations!! too bad that there's no video of it:(

37. 20%
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 06:48:28

So @PERSIST, howd it go?

38. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 06:53:34

[QUOTE=SwitchPalm;238092]So @subin_, thanks!

39. 20%
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 06:57:41

PERSIST wrote: It went great. I'm famous now, but that's not why I entered for the talent show. I entered to show the school that there's more to talent than just singing and dancing, as so few people know of pen spinning. It's weird, at first I wanted to keep pen spining as un-mainstream as possible because I felt unique in being one of the few to pen spin, but I've changed my view on the matter. Anyways, big success. As for @subin_, thanks!
    Awesome (sun), its good it went well ^_^

40. Giotto
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 07:07:10

PERSIST wrote: It went great. I'm famous now, but that's not why I entered for the talent show. I entered to show the school that there's more to talent than just singing and dancing, as so few people know of pen spinning. It's weird, at first I wanted to keep pen spining as un-mainstream as possible because I felt unique in being one of the few to pen spin, but I've changed my view on the matter. Anyways, big success. As for @subin_, thanks!
    No problem:D i'm glad it went well!

41. Valentin
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 17:30:12

Really happy for you, congratulations!

42. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Dec 15 2012 17:41:29

Valentin wrote: Really happy for you, congratulations!
    Thanks!