UPSB v4

General Discussion / Kammys 2012

1. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 17:08:31

Soon, the polls for this years kammys will be going up. For anyone who doesn't know, these are some little unofficial awards that have been posted up on UPSB for most of the time it has been running. Some of the awards are serious, like 'best style' and others are less serious, like 'hottest male'. Generally though, it's all for a bit of fun and community spirit. They are named after Kam, who founded UPSB many years ago. You can read about him on the wiki. :wiki: So when you see these threads popping up, that's what they are for. Vote for your favourite in the category and then around the time of the new year, the winners will be announced! This year there are no nominees, so you just vote for whoever you want. Most votes wins. The results will be out around New Year time. Kammys voting threads: Best editor Most random Most creative Best power tricks Biggest improvement Most popular pen spinner Best style Most underrated Results for the above: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13757 Mod of the year Cleanest modding Most creative modding Most popular modder Flashiest modding Misc Kammys

2. coffeelucky
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 17:25:54

I wonder what about Kammy 2011?

3. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 22:53:01

coffeelucky wrote: I wonder what about Kammy 2011?
    Them seem to have been cancelled. I'm not sure exactly why. :dunno:

4. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:00:42

2012 hasn't ended yet so it shouldn't be Kammy's 2012 to begin with. This one should be Kammy's 2011. What if some random person suddenly appear out of nowhere and can power trick even better than Vic, before the year ends? Frog~

5. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:04:52

Froggy wrote: What if some random person suddenly appear out of nowhere and can power trick even better than Vic, before the year ends?
    @Sekai

6. Mats
    Date: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:53:18

Froggy wrote: 2012 hasn't ended yet so it shouldn't be Kammy's 2012 to begin with. This one should be Kammy's 2011. What if some random person suddenly appear out of nowhere and can power trick even better than Vic, before the year ends? Frog~
    Then they surely put themselves in a good position to win the Kammy in 2013? It seems very lame to do this at the beginning of 2013. We should be looking to the future then, to the WT and UPSB possible candidates and performance, to new videos and new horizons, not looking back upon this year. It's very late in the year and it's very unlikely that someone who can out power trick everyone will suddenly appear out of nowhere and even if they do, people like i.suk (for example) have been busting out power tricks all year. This guy that comes along just does it for one month. I think there is something to be said about the commitment of putting out power tricks for an entire year and that it may well be more impressive to do that than to suddenly do one month of power tricks and then possibly vanish.

7. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Nov 29 2012 03:35:07

can you compile all the kammy thread links on the 1st post? :D

8. Mats
    Date: Thu, Nov 29 2012 09:12:58

Walkaz wrote: can you compile all the kammy thread links on the 1st post? :D
    <_< Done.

9. Mats
    Date: Mon, Dec 24 2012 14:42:53

I'm counting in the votes now. Will probably release them on Christmas day or Boxing day.

10. Mats
    Date: Wed, Dec 26 2012 15:34:22

Results have been released: - General Awards - http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13757 - Modding Awards - http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13758&p=240101#post240101

11. Mats
    Date: Tue, Jan 22 2013 00:45:30

Lots of winners have been asking about images to go in their signature. Anyone want to make one?