UPSB v4

General Discussion / How am i doing?

1. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 03:35:20

been spinning for about a month well 30 days exactly so lol i use a waterfall mod i can: charge(12 + 23 +not very good in 34), rev charge(same as normal charge), sonic, rev sonic, tw sonic, sonic rise, inv sonic, rev sonic rise(is that a trick?), tw sonic single bust, bak, ta , rev ta, ta harmonic, fl ta, fl ta rev, wiper, infinity, index around, neo sonic, fp, fp rev, and probably a couple more i cant think of atm or idk the names :afro:

2. Kiiro
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 05:42:58

I wouldn't use a waterfall mod quite yet. Try Metal Comssa, Toro MX, or RSVP MX, or any other mod that isn't so heavy. Other than that I think you're doing great for a 1 month spinner:)

3. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 05:46:42

zohninja wrote: been spinning for about a month well 30 days exactly so lol i use a waterfall mod i can: charge(12 + 23 +not very good in 34), rev charge(same as normal charge), sonic, rev sonic, tw sonic, sonic rise, inv sonic, rev sonic rise(is that a trick?), tw sonic single bust, bak, ta , rev ta, ta harmonic, fl ta, fl ta rev, wiper, infinity, index around, neo sonic, fp, fp rev, and probably a couple more i cant think of atm or idk the names :afro:
    Not rev sonic rise. Sonic fall. :P Can you do combos yet? :D

4. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 05:58:47

Haven't really tried any combos and I learned more than half of my tricks on an mx but it's just to short for me I have like medium to big hands so I like the length and momentum of the waterfall gonna buy a buster but not gonna use it until I get some combos down

5. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 06:25:06

zohninja wrote: Haven't really tried any combos and I learned more than half of my tricks on an mx but it's just to short for me I have like medium to big hands so I like the length and momentum of the waterfall gonna buy a buster but not gonna use it until I get some combos down
    There is nothing wrong with an mx. Waterfall is nice though. Keep that one around. As for a buster. Completely up to you but I personally wouldn't use one.

6. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 06:37:14

just got inv sonic in like 5 min lol

7. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 06:47:20

yea i know not the buster at least yet i know i got at least 4 or 5 months before i get a buster because i wanna get some good combos and all that first lol and mx was just to short for me at least how mine ended up after spinning for like 3 weeks with it

8. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 07:58:56

zohninja wrote: yea i know not the buster at least yet i know i got at least 4 or 5 months before i get a buster because i wanna get some good combos and all that first lol and mx was just to short for me at least how mine ended up after spinning for like 3 weeks with it
    Ok, try not to double post. That's not allowed. You can edit your first post if you want to say more. Otherwise wait for a reply then post again. :p But you should definitely start working on some combos. :D If you would like, I could try to give you a few easy combos to start with. :)

9. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:06:09

Kari wrote: Ok, try not to double post. That's not allowed. You can edit your first post if you want to say more. Otherwise wait for a reply then post again. :p But you should definitely start working on some combos. :D If you would like, I could try to give you a few easy combos to start with. :)
    yea thatd be sick ive been trying to come up with some its just trying to get them smooth and idk what to put before or after some of the things ive gotten and sorry for the double post completely forgot about the one i made before it

10. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:20:48

zohninja wrote: yea thatd be sick ive been trying to come up with some its just trying to get them smooth and idk what to put before or after some of the things ive gotten and sorry for the double post completely forgot about the one i made before it
    Try this: [pd]sonic 34-24 > [ps] pass rev 24-t2 > ext ta t2-12 > pass rev 12-23 > twisted sonic rev23-34 > [pd] pass 34-23 > twisted sonic bust. Let me know if you want a video and I'll get one for you. :)

11. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:27:57

Kari wrote: Try this: [pd]sonic 34-24 > [ps] pass rev 24-t2 > ext ta t2-12 > pass rev 12-23 > twisted sonic rev23-34 > [pd] pass 34-23 > twisted sonic bust. Let me know if you want a video and I'll get one for you. :)
    doesnt seem to hard ima work on it thanks :)

12. Mats
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:29:08

Kari wrote: Try this: [pd]sonic 34-24 > [ps] pass rev 24-t2 > ext ta t2-12 > pass rev 12-23 > twisted sonic rev23-34 > [pd] pass 34-23 > twisted sonic bust. Let me know if you want a video and I'll get one for you. :)
    He didn't say he could do Extended Thumbarounds. :p And I want a video!

13. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:31:11

Mats wrote: He didn't say he could do Extended Thumbarounds. :p And I want a video!
    You don't spin so it would be useless to you. And extended ta is easy. He can learn.

14. Mats
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:34:10

Kari wrote: You don't spin so it would be useless to you. And extended ta is easy. He can learn.
    I do spin. I probably spin more than you do now. :rolleyes: Video please? :)

15. Zephyr
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 08:58:52

Kari wrote: There is nothing wrong with an mx. Waterfall is nice though. Keep that one around. As for a buster. Completely up to you but I personally wouldn't use one.
    What's wrong with using a Waterfall for a One Month Spinner? I think its fine, like whatever you like best.

16. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 09:09:09

Zephyr wrote: What's wrong with using a Waterfall for a One Month Spinner? I think its fine, like whatever you like best.
    You may want to read that again. Nowhere did I say there was anything wrong with using a waterfall, or any pen for that matter.

17. Zephyr
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 09:13:41

Kari wrote: You may want to read that again. Nowhere did I say there was anything wrong with using a waterfall, or any pen for that matter.
    So you didn't mean that it was bad for beginners to use Waterfalls?

18. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 09:16:06

Zephyr wrote: So you didn't mean that it was bad for beginners to use Waterfalls?
    Not at all. I think people should spin whatever feels right to them. I don't think you should be told what to spin and when to spin it.

19. FingerNotPen
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 09:52:21

zohninja we have the same attitude man. when i started pen spinning. i was like you.. all my frens asked me to use.. metal commsa. too stuborn. i use zhigao v.7 and ivan mod :/ just realize its killing my style..

20. Demotaiz
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 18:06:47

Kiiro wrote: I wouldn't use a waterfall mod quite yet. Try Metal Comssa, Toro MX, or RSVP MX, or any other mod that isn't so heavy. Other than that I think you're doing great for a 1 month spinner:)
    Maybe a RSVP MMT could be and option?

21. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 19:20:37

@zohninja The above post is a good idea too. The RSVP NX MMT is light and is also longer than an mx. I think you'd enjoy that pen. :)

22. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 20:03:37

Thanks guys and yes I can do an ext ta that was one of the spins I think I forgot to put

23. Kari
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 20:13:19

zohninja wrote: Thanks guys and yes I can do an ext ta that was one of the spins I think I forgot to put
    Best of luck to you. Enjoy spinning. :D

24. zohninja
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 02:16:50

Kari wrote: Best of luck to you. Enjoy spinning. :D
    Just got a mini combo I think [Palm up/side]Charge 23 - sonic 23 - charge 12 - pass 12 23 - inv sonic 23 - FL ta - [palm down] - tw sonic bust - FL ta ext - bak How is it for my first combo it wasn't to fluid or smooth but with practice I can get it better

25. Kari
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 03:43:18

zohninja wrote: Just got a mini combo I think [Palm up/side]Charge 23 - sonic 23 - charge 12 - pass 12 23 - inv sonic 23 - FL ta - [palm down] - tw sonic bust - FL ta ext - bak How is it for my first combo it wasn't to fluid or smooth but with practice I can get it better
    I seriously don't understand your notation. Is it just a bunch of direction changes?

26. zohninja
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 03:48:52

Kari wrote: I seriously don't understand your notation.
    lol escorpio told me to try this Charge 23- Sonic 23-12 ~ Charge 12- Pass 12-23 ~ Inverse Sonic 23-12 ~ Charge 12 - NeoSonic 12-TF ~ ThumbFlap CHarge Reverse ~ FL TA REV ~ Bak

27. Kari
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 03:51:59

zohninja wrote: lol escorpio told me to try this Charge 23- Sonic 23-12 ~ Charge 12- Pass 12-23 ~ Inverse Sonic 23-12 ~ Charge 12 - NeoSonic 12-TF ~ ThumbFlap CHarge Reverse ~ FL TA REV ~ Bak
    Ok now I understand it. That's actually nice and smooth. :)

28. james067
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 08:04:53

nice post.........