UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Continuous Midbak 1.5

1. RdHg
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 01:36:21

i'm having trouble with this. is there a tutorial?

2. Kirby
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 02:11:08

Try youtubing "cont. midbak 1.5"....

3. Jamal
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 02:11:26

WATCH VICGOTSLOMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-a3vbOL2fc

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 02:26:09

eternal spin's video is also pretty good: [video=youtube;bbV0wGPuScQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbV0wGPuScQ[/video]

5. miyat
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 03:34:07

yeah...i used to do mid bak 1.5s in with the pen spinning near the tips of my fingers. i could get 6 and w.e. but i am trying to do it so the pen spins further back towards the hands. learn it the right way, unlike me.

6. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 08:16:56

[video=youtube;mlb4UFt9zzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlb4UFt9zzg[/video] the same concept can be applied for the cont. midbaks 1.5

7. KTrinh93
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 13:53:11

but neobaks are different than midbaks.. o_O

8. Marnon
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 14:24:55

i train this trick at the moment too i have sometimes truble too, but i get some tips from my community maybe i can help, where exactly is your problem?^^

9. RdHg
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 15:06:24

well I started to try it but I cant seem to catch it in a position to do another

10. Marnon
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 20:11:12

Mhm,maybe its because of your handmove but i dont know exactly how, its a bit the same handmove like you do a ringbak after the midbak^^ for the right handmove i can't give any hints, cause i make it sometimes wrong too xD

11. blahblahting
    Date: Wed, Aug 18 2010 16:40:27

try using a pen with a COG marking (tape, marked insert, etc) when you finish ~1.0 rotations of the first midbak 1.5, your hand should slightly move up and away from you to reset for the next midbak 1.5. watch the COG marking and make sure when you catch it, you are catching it a bit behind the cog marking (it just takes practice). you should feel the pen kinda slide away from your finger as you adjust your hand for the next midbak 1.5 for me, it helped to let the pen spin on both the middle finger AND index finger when i was first learning these. idk if i made any sense, but hope this helps :dunno: EDIT: practice ;)

12. Eric
    Date: Wed, Aug 18 2010 16:50:14

make a backwards "C" with your right hand, then raise your middle finger slightly. when doing midbak 1.5 continuous don't let ur wrist use a twisting motion, let it do a "up and down" motion instead.

13. Morpheus
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 00:28:29

every time i do a midbak 1.5, it always land in the same position as when u do a regular midbak. Im i just letting it spin in the wrong place?

14. AwonW
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 01:08:25

You should be repositioning the pen using hand movement as you catch it. Pull back as though you were doing a neobak > midbak

15. casual
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 02:25:47

Is it advisable to learn neobak > midbak first? Because I'm having trouble doing more than 2 midbak 1.5's.

16. AwonW
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 05:28:26

sko1 wrote: Is it advisable to learn neobak > midbak first? Because I'm having trouble doing more than 2 midbak 1.5's.
    I'd advise it.

17. PSVortex
    Date: Fri, Sep 17 2010 12:02:40

My highest is 4,,,hehehehhehehe noobie

18. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Sep 18 2010 04:16:33

lol, i can do up to 6. midbak 1.5 is almost like learning a palmspin 0.5 > fingerless TA. but just easier. :)

19. casual
    Date: Sun, Feb 6 2011 03:05:08

So my record is now 10 with a dc mod. I'm now trying to do this trick with an sc mod, but I'm finding it annoyingly hard. I can't consistently do more than 2 with an sc. Do I have to push down with the middle finger harder with an sc mod to compensate for the slight unbalance?

20. Jon
    Date: Sun, Feb 6 2011 04:11:08

I love this trick, i can only get 7 but i get the trick. I never tried with sc mod. seems very hard 0_0

21. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 04:25:14

did 3 once offcam oncam is 2 [video=youtube;dOkL5u9RjSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkL5u9RjSM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

22. Kirby
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 16:23:37

try just normal bak 1.5's, easier.

23. Vic
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 19:56:03

Kirby wrote: try just normal bak 1.5's, easier.
    Thats a completely different trick with a different technique. =/ BTW: Ive been working on a tutorial for this trick, hopefully ill be able to get the video out soon. :)

24. Riley
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 21:54:03

Can't wait for it Vic. I can currently do one, I'm working on getting my hand in the right position to start the second.

25. exclusive
    Date: Sun, Mar 13 2011 23:26:45

i have a bad habit of pausing when doing cont

26. Kirby
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 01:43:59

Vic wrote: Thats a completely different trick with a different technique. =/ BTW: Ive been working on a tutorial for this trick, hopefully ill be able to get the video out soon. :)
    It kinda depends if you do it at the tip of finger, if so, then it's similar to midbak 1.5's. But if you do it base of finger, with index finger more up, then yah, they are totally different. and can't wait for the tutorial.

27. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Mar 14 2011 02:18:17

Actually I's say it's more difficult to learn the bak 1.5 cont if your doing it on the tips than the cont. midbak 1.5. The last 1.5 revolutions of the midbak 1.5 is done on top of the 12 area making it easier to get back to the starting position of the midbak whereas if you do a bak 1.5 palm down through the whole thing, the pen can only spin on top of 1 which would be harder to get back to the original bak position.

28. Rapid
    Date: Fri, Mar 25 2011 11:15:29

orly vic?tnx wooohooo

29. Arab
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 02:58:52

Hi UPSB, I learnt how to bak, midbak, and midbak 1.5 ^^. But there's only one problem. I can't do a midbak 1.5 continuously :S. Please help! Thanks :).

30. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 03:20:27

Arab wrote: Hi UPSB, I learnt how to bak, midbak, and midbak 1.5 ^^. But there's only one problem. I can't do a midbak 1.5 continuously :S. Please help! Thanks :).
    Many people say your hand just moves back and forth. That's a NO. When linking the midbaks 1.5, your hand has to turn sideways (away from you) a bit for the catch and then push forward. I'm currently trying to make a speech tuto about midbaks so if you want, you can wait until Saturday/Sunday. :)

31. exclusive
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 03:27:56

learn neobak to bak

32. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 07:16:03

I can't help you much, being only able to do 2 myself, but just remember that the preceding ones do not need more force than the first one, and try to maintain your hand at the same position everytime. And when it's about 90% of the way back from the 1.5 spin move your hand up to do the Midbak at the same spot.

33. gash113
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 09:13:47

I know this advice will not be very helpful. But I always thought of Midbak 1.5 cont as lifting your middle finger and keeping it down and lifting it again. Lol my max is 3 so I can't say much. I learnt cont midbak 1.5 from Vicgotgame's slomos.

34. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 23:28:53

Check out this thread: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=1334 I suggest learning the neobak ~ midbak linkage, it's the same linkage as the cont midbak. 1.5 linkage.

35. Pen Ninja
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 23:41:32

it's a slow up and back motion followed by a quicker down and forward motion back and forward meaning left and right depending on ur handedness... not away and towards you... that movement comes naturally and adapts depending on how the last midback went... thatll come to you in time a big part of the trick is what ur middle finger is doing, it should be going up and down, opening and closing that game between itself and 1 and 3... if you bring it up too early: you catch it before the extra .5 rev or you catch it way too far up the pen... if you bring it up too late: the pen is on an akward angle and you need to rush the next midback... put it down at the wrong time and it just doesnt work right either the timing windows are fairly small but you have a lot of time to adapt, it's hard to explain, it's like the hand movement and middle finger movement need to be in sync but the timing or pace is flexible, for example you could go ahead and pretty much catch it in 123 for a second before you do the next one or you could not move up and back until the last second as long as you dont move your middle finger while ur not moving ur hand... what im trying to get at is that it's not so much the hand movement or the finger movement that matters, it's how you time them relative to each other... it makes it a difficult trick to practice because it doesnt do much good to work on just the hand movement or just the finger movement =[

36. JackyMacky
    Date: Tue, Oct 4 2011 23:46:26

Pen Ninja wrote: it's a slow up and back motion followed by a quicker down and forward motion back and forward meaning left and right depending on ur handedness... not away and towards you... that movement comes naturally and adapts depending on how the last midback went... thatll come to you in time a big part of the trick is what ur middle finger is doing, it should be going up and down, opening and closing that game between itself and 1 and 3... if you bring it up too early: you catch it before the extra .5 rev or you catch it way too far up the pen... if you bring it up too late: the pen is on an akward angle and you need to rush the next midback... put it down at the wrong time and it just doesnt work right either the timing windows are fairly small but you have a lot of time to adapt, it's hard to explain, it's like the hand movement and middle finger movement need to be in sync but the timing or pace is flexible, for example you could go ahead and pretty much catch it in 123 for a second before you do the next one or you could not move up and back until the last second as long as you dont move your middle finger while ur not moving ur hand... what im trying to get at is that it's not so much the hand movement or the finger movement that matters, it's how you time them relative to each other... it makes it a difficult trick to practice because it doesnt do much good to work on just the hand movement or just the finger movement =[
    Is it ok if I quote from you for my speech tuto? :)

37. Pen Ninja
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 00:00:55

@JackyMacky go for it, it's the interwebs! ^_^

38. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 02:47:47

Use the search function, this thread already existed.

39. Briliant .
    Date: Wed, Dec 14 2011 08:12:03

why the mid bak 1.5x3 so hard to learn for me, i have practiced more than 2 month... - - is there something wrong. It's a part of a combo, because of the mid bak i can't compele the combo,,,, eggs hurt...

blahblahting;15655]try using a pen with a COG marking (tape, marked insert, etc) when you finish ~1.0 rotations of the first midbak 1.5, your hand should slightly move up and away from you to reset for the next midbak 1.5. watch the COG marking and make sure when you catch it, you are catching it a bit behind the cog marking (it just takes practice). you should feel the pen kinda slide away from your finger as you adjust your hand for the next midbak 1.5 for me, it helped to let the pen spin on both the middle finger AND index finger when i was first learning these. idk if i made any sense, but hope this helps :dunno: EDIT: practice ;)[/QUOTE] yeah , that sounds useful , i'll try. Thanks. [QUOTE=strat1227;140429]Use the search function, this thread already existed.[/QUOTE] ,,,I am sorry. [QUOTE=Gash wrote: I know this advice will not be very helpful. But I always thought of Midbak 1.5 cont as lifting your middle finger and keeping it down and lifting it again. Lol my max is 3 so I can't say much. I learnt cont midbak 1.5 from Vicgotgame's slomos.
    3 is better than me , sometimes i can spin 3 rotations but i can't catch it. Lol..

40. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Dec 14 2011 08:35:02

Don't post more than once in a row, just edit your original post.

41. blacke kat
    Date: Sun, Mar 2 2014 19:33:46

I just cant get it to go around my finger again after the .5 spin D:

42. Reason
    Date: Sun, Mar 2 2014 20:20:37

when the .5 spin is done, try raising your middle finger a bit and slightly raising your hand.