UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / learned charge 8 yrs old

1. Chargemaster
    Date: Fri, Nov 23 2012 09:55:24

hello guys!!! so i started pen spinning a week ago. for tha past few days, learned thumbaround and thumbaround reverse. what made me interested in pen spinning was that i have learned charge 5 yrs ago because i learned drums. now, my favourite trick is the charge as it is the most fluent one i can do. i can do it both in my right hand and left hand without any trouble. but the problem is, instead of usingmy ring finger and middle finger, i use my index and middle to do the trick. i tried doing it with my ring and middle, but i dont really like it :(. so, just wondering is it okay to use index and middle???

2. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Nov 23 2012 11:35:06

you will eventually have to learn in all slot :P i was not comfortable with ring and pinky slot and index and middle slot back then too, but over time i got used to them

3. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Nov 23 2012 13:12:53

I thought drummers learned reverse charge. Anyway, what Walkaz said was important so you should also search the internet in hopes of finding a tutorial. From what you said you can do it in your 23(middle and ring fingers) but it doesn't look as smooth as when you do it in the 12(index and middle fingers) slot. Just practice it in only 23 slot and it will eventually become more smooth. BTW I think that it is ironic that your username is chargemaster even though you haven't mastered the charge. A lot of people think that their charge isn't smooth enough but it will get better. On another note :welcome: to UPSB and pen spinning.

4. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 23 2012 13:49:34

charge is a basic trick that leads onto many other tricks you gotta learn it in all slots if you want to spin well.

5. FingerNotPen
    Date: Fri, Nov 23 2012 19:52:41

at first its very uncomfortable. later it will feel good trust me..

6. Kari
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 03:49:08

Chargemaster wrote: hello guys!!! so i started pen spinning a week ago. for tha past few days, learned thumbaround and thumbaround reverse. what made me interested in pen spinning was that i have learned charge 5 yrs ago because i learned drums. now, my favourite trick is the charge as it is the most fluent one i can do. i can do it both in my right hand and left hand without any trouble. but the problem is, instead of usingmy ring finger and middle finger, i use my index and middle to do the trick. i tried doing it with my ring and middle, but i dont really like it :(. so, just wondering is it okay to use index and middle???
    Sure sounds like this should be in the introduction thread. :p The ring-middle charge isn't very common at all so even if you don't learn it, don't worry about it.

7. Walkaz
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 07:40:12

Kari wrote: Sure sounds like this should be in the introduction thread. :p The ring-middle charge isn't very common at all so even if you don't learn it, don't worry about it.
    whut, isnt the ring middle charge very common as alot of sonic variants are based on them?

8. Zephyr
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 08:25:41

I can't do the charge. But I'll keep trying(even though I do a sonic every time I try) and like these guys say one day I hope to get it right. For now, all I can do is practice. :D

9. Kari
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 15:07:41

Walkaz wrote: whut, isnt the ring middle charge very common as alot of sonic variants are based on them?
    Lol wow probably should have read that better. I thought we were talking about pinky-ring. :p my bad. Yeah, should learn ring middle charge. @Nichochenachi if you already know sonic and you're having trouble with charge, that's normal. You just have to keep practicing. Try learning charge by doing it very slowly. You're so used to doing sonic that it just happens when you want to do a charge. It's about training your hands to do what you want them to do. :p

10. Zephyr
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 18:47:06

Kari wrote: I thought we were talking about pinky-ring.
    Is it necessary to learn Charge 43, 32, and 21(Pinky-Ring, Ring-Middle, Middle-Index)?

11. Kari
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 19:44:57

Nichochenachi wrote: Is it necessary to learn Charge 43, 32, and 21(Pinky-Ring, Ring-Middle, Middle-Index)?
    No. It's actually fairly easy in all slots once you learn one. As far as how often you'll use charge34, not necessary. You'll mainly use that while changing to and from the palm down position but your hand movement helps with the movement of the pen. I've never actually sat and practiced charge34. :p

12. bass
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 22:59:55

You need to know it in all finger slots. I skipped the charge when i first started spinning and had a BIG trouble learning any other trick like twisted sonic, sonic, warped sonic etc. Now I'm fine, but do it right early!

13. Chargemaster
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 12:01:19

hahahaha! thxs guys! you helped alot!!! btw, for no reason i tried doing charge in every slot of my left hand and succeeded them all. but when i tried right hand--"" i only can do charge 12 wkwkwkwkw even though im a right handed

14. Giotto
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 14:03:44

not sure but the more the better,right?

15. akshay
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 12:24:14

Chargemaster wrote: hello guys!!! so i started pen spinning a week ago. for tha past few days, learned thumbaround and thumbaround reverse. what made me interested in pen spinning was that i have learned charge 5 yrs ago because i learned drums. now, my favourite trick is the charge as it is the most fluent one i can do. i can do it both in my right hand and left hand without any trouble. but the problem is, instead of usingmy ring finger and middle finger, i use my index and middle to do the trick. i tried doing it with my ring and middle, but i dont really like it :(. so, just wondering is it okay to use index and middle???
    lol for me the charge between ring and index. watch how you do it and mimic it.

16. Voracity
    Date: Tue, May 7 2013 13:56:10

akshay wrote: lol for me the charge between ring and index. watch how you do it and mimic it.
    Digging up old topics is a no-no on the forums D: #backseatmoderating