UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Is a waterfall mod bad for beginners?

1. Zephyr
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 07:09:57

Hi, I am a new spinner, and I currently know how to do TA, TA Rev, and Sonic. Would getting and using a Waterfall mod be beneficial or harmful at this point? Thanks, Nicho

2. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 07:15:24

honestly just spin whatever you want i started out with a true geller that s way heavier than a wtf,then moved on to a buster, then an ivan .______________.

3. Zephyr
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 07:28:19

OK thanks. I'll try it out and see if it is right for me!

4. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 07:37:00

At this point you might like it, at least you learned some tricks. I ordered a waterfall comssa mod when I was a beginner and it spun nicely. It also depends on what pens you're spinning right now, spinning with light mods like bictorys, MXs, etc. will make the waterfall mod feel somewhat heavy, but you just need to spin it for a little bit until you adjust between the weights. [B]A lot[/B] of spinners said it had really smooth momentum, which is what really got me into it in the first place, and I agree with that as well. I guess just spin it if you want to, if it looks cool, and if you believe what people say about it. I know that you've ordered a waterfall mod off PW, and on this page, near the bottom, it says that you can return an item within 30 days, and "All custom made spinning pens are non-refundable," which the waterfall mod doesn't really qualify as a custom made mod, because it's not custom made, it's penwish made, meaning that penwish didn't allow you to customize it (colored grips, colored caps, etc.), so my point is, if you don't like it, then you can return it, but you need an RMA number to do so... whatever that is... anyways, good luck with your waterfall mod!

5. Zephyr
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 07:46:12

Jay4 wrote: At this point you might like it, at least you learned some tricks. I ordered a waterfall comssa mod when I was a beginner and it spun nicely. It also depends on what pens you're spinning right now, spinning with light mods like bictorys, MXs, etc. will make the waterfall mod feel somewhat heavy, but you just need to spin it for a little bit until you adjust between the weights. [B]A lot[/B] of spinners said it had really smooth momentum, which is what really got me into it in the first place, and I agree with that as well. I guess just spin it if you want to, if it looks cool, and if you believe what people say about it. I know that you've ordered a waterfall mod off PW, and on this page, near the bottom, it says that you can return an item within 30 days, and "All custom made spinning pens are non-refundable," which the waterfall mod doesn't really qualify as a custom made mod, because it's not custom made, it's penwish made, meaning that penwish didn't allow you to customize it (colored grips, colored caps, etc.), so my point is, if you don't like it, then you can return it, but you need an RMA number to do so... whatever that is... anyways, good luck with your waterfall mod!
    Thanks. I don't think I will return it because if I don't like it, I might return to it in the future.

6. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 08:18:00

wtf mods are fucking awesome, good momentum with somewhat medium weight

7. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 08:34:17

Walkaz wrote: wtf mods are fucking awesome, good momentum with somewhat medium weight
    ...?

8. [TGN]
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:09:19

Just spin whatever you want, whatever feels comfortable to you. Please don't start the "heavy-mods-are-bad-for-beginners-they-destroy-your-style-and-hands-bla-bla-69" debate again.

i started out with a true geller that s way heavier than a wtf,then moved on to a buster, then an ivan
    ^ I thought the only thing you spun was MXs =/

9. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 10:15:35

@Jay4 wtf mod = [B]W[/B]a[B]T[/B]er[B]F[/B]all mod. Frog~

Walkaz;233872][B]wtf[/B] mods are fucking awesome, good momentum with somewhat medium weight[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Jay4 wrote: ...?

10. Yamaguchi
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:49:08

YOU CAN USE ANY MOD YOU WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Reason
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 15:43:42

waterfall is probably my favorite mod. i started using one after about 1 year, but i was a slow learner... anyway i still use it and its always one of the best pens to flaunt my style. i would say wait a bit, but i dont think it would hurt to get one now.

12. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 16:06:39

[QUOTE='[TGN];233880']Just spin whatever you want, whatever feels comfortable to you. Please don't start the "heavy-mods-are-bad-for-beginners-they-destroy-your-style-and-hands-bla-bla-69" debate again. ^ I thought the only thing you spun was MXs =/[/QUOTE] *g3s, i suck with mx i started out as a so call buster noob hahas only start spinning g3s for a few months back, like 5months

13. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 18:13:26

Froggy wrote: @Jay4 wtf mod = [B]W[/B]a[B]T[/B]er[B]F[/B]all mod. Frog~
    :jawdrop: Eheh, okay then, that explains it. Thanks.

14. RPD
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 18:19:51

start of the "heavy-mods-are-bad-for-beginners-they-destroy-your-style-and-hands-bla-bla-69" debate :P Nah, waterfalls are really nice mods.

15. Zephyr
    Date: Thu, Nov 22 2012 18:22:09

Sweet.... This is going to be really cool... I can't wait for it to arrive!!!!!

16. zohninja
    Date: Sat, Nov 24 2012 22:39:30

use what you want but its hard to move from like a mx to a buster obviously lol because of weight i havent been spinning to long and i can do a good amount of tricks(too many to list) and i learned more than half on a mx and have had a waterfall for about a week i love it so far great to learn tricks and start to get used to weight but i suggest learning the funds first on like an mx or a comssa because theyre lighter and can help style(also cheap and can help you find out if ps is for you before you go spend a ton of money on mods) but i think my waterfall is awesome:) hope it works for you

17. Zephyr
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 09:25:07

zohninja wrote: use what you want but its hard to move from like a mx to a buster obviously lol because of weight i havent been spinning to long and i can do a good amount of tricks(too many to list) and i learned more than half on a mx and have had a waterfall for about a week i love it so far great to learn tricks and start to get used to weight but i suggest learning the funds first on like an mx or a comssa because theyre lighter and can help style(also cheap and can help you find out if ps is for you before you go spend a ton of money on mods) but i think my waterfall is awesome:) hope it works for you
    Thanks. I already got my Waterfall, and I love it. I think I will be getting a metallic comssa for christmas too. :D :thumb:

18. zohninja
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 20:08:39

Zephyr wrote: Thanks. I already got my Waterfall, and I love it. I think I will be getting a metallic comssa for christmas too. :D :thumb:
    Sick I'm gonna make 1 or 2 metal comssa just to have and spin a little if I like them

19. Zephyr
    Date: Sun, Nov 25 2012 21:43:42

zohninja wrote: Sick I'm gonna make 1 or 2 metal comssa just to have and spin a little if I like them
    Yeah Metal Comssas are used by Pros and Beginners alike. :D Pretty cool because you can start with a comssa and still use it for pro tricks. :P

20. 20%
    Date: Fri, Dec 14 2012 05:38:59

:hah: i lauged so hard for no reason, i like spinning wtf mod, i loled. Just spin the mod with your choosing, so you can probably use the...gag.. Wtf mod :hah: