UPSB v4

Off-topic / HALP Vista -> Windows 7

1. Frip
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 00:20:25

ffs I upgraded from Vista 32bit to 7 ultimate 64bit. Laptop boots, everything looks normal. PRoblem is, it won't recognize wireless networks, since wireless apparently isn't enabled. All the drivers on gateway's website are only for vista 32/64 ..-.- It's a gateway M6750 btw. Any advice? Or do I have to go back to vista?

2. SJ
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 00:36:31

hmmmm is there a button somewhere on your lappy that enables wifi? mine does

3. The Onion
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 00:41:58

Have you tried installing the Vista 64 version? Else try contacting the manufacturer. And if it just doesn't work for 7, then you should probably just get an external USB wifi adapter. You can probably get one of those for about $15 (make sure it is compatible with 7). Although I would recommend trying to get the internal adapter to work first, as external adapters are kinda annoying, as they have to start up before you can use the internet when you boot up.

4. VendettaBF
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 01:30:48

go find a ethernet wire, plug that into ur laptop and a modem/router. update with windows update. it "should" get all ur drivers.

5. XYZaki
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 06:45:57

VendettaBF wrote: go find a ethernet wire, plug that into ur laptop and a modem/router. update with windows update. it "should" get all ur drivers.
    How would a LAN connection get WLAN drivers? Anyways, Get the 64-bit drivers from Gateway's site and try installing them in compatibility mode. (Troubleshoot the install and select Vista 64bit when it asks which OS it worked on) If that doesn't work, make sure any physical WLAN antenna switches are on (usually you press a combination of keys or there is a physical switch) If that still doesn't work, I would double check the BIOS to make sure LAN/WLAN are enabled.

6. VendettaBF
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 07:50:28

windows update, automatically gets ur drivers for u

7. UEDan
    Date: Mon, Aug 16 2010 10:00:50

Look up your laptop specs. Look at what wireless chipset it has and go directly to the manufacturer's site and get the updated drivers there. Gateway, HP, Dell, Whathefukrus usually have drivers that are years old and can be very buggy. Ehhh found out your card is a Marvell EC85, no Win7 drivers at all. Just force XP or vista drivers.