UPSB v4

Pen Brands Discussion / ++ modrod Online Store ++ OPEN FOR BUSINESS ++ GET a GRIP!! ++

1. modrod
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 04:20:19

[COLOR="palegreen"]!!! [B]Announcement[/B] !!![/COLOR] The modrod store is NOW open for business. Please use this thread to talk about modrod products, website, reviews, etc. Stay tuned for more many more modrod PS products!!! http://modrod.com [B][COLOR="magenta"]++ NOTE ++ [/COLOR][/B] Please do not discuss specific orders here on the thread. If you need to ask any questions regarding an order, then please use the email address [email]orders@modrod.com.[/email] Thanks!! [B]Please "like" us on Facebook![/B]

2. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:42:13

Hahah, -Free shipping due to some weird technical glitch - >.< Anyways, looking forward to seeing what's to come.

3. modrod
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 21:27:06

@shoeman - yo. Your order is ready to ship. Can't wait to get your review.

4. Soren
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 15:39:22

What are the dimensions for your pads and what size are your Long Rods?

5. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 16:10:30

The website is looking fantastic!

6. modrod
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 20:10:18

@Mats - THANK YOU from all of us, but mostly from Brett! He has been working very hard on the improvements. Look for it to continue!

7. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 16:32:39

@modrod Just recieved the mats :D. First thoughts. Wow, bigger than I expected then, Wow, nicer than I expected. :)! 11x17 is pretty large, Surface is a little smoother than the QcK and the price is comparible / better. Kind of a medium between qck+ and qck in size. The rubberization is almost identical. After further inspection I think the surface is almost if not completely identical to the steel series cloth mouse pads, it's about 4/3rds as thick and amazing. o.o. They even smell the same as new steelseries mousepads hahah. [video=youtube;4UzpYSYMpTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UzpYSYMpTw[/video]

8. modrod
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 16:58:53

@shoeman6 - excellent job! Very thorough and great quality! Big thanks! ** UPDATE ** New modrod shirt just posted on the store. FYI regarding this design. This is one of mickey's very first sketch drawings for modrod. He drew this waaaaay back. So far back that at the time of the drawing the grips really did not even exist yet. They were just an idea on paper. Also, this is probably the only time that you will ever see "modrod" in all caps. It's like that because it was made way before we decided to use all lower case. We discussed changing it, but then just decided against it, because at the end of the day we reserve the right to just do whatever the heck we want! Pen spinning/modding is about fierce originality, and at modrod we pledge to hold that attitude sacred!! Regards

9. Zu
    Date: Mon, Dec 3 2012 01:15:35

looks cool :)

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Dec 3 2012 03:15:41

Hey nacho, mailbox is full! Just wondering how you like the v2 grips? Also your thoughts on the individual colors. Please post your response and any photos on the new modrod thread. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13245 Thanks!
    In response to this: Hi Cris, I just got around to posting my response but I did get the grips a week ago or so. Haven't been able to mod with them yet but just my first thoughts: I really like that you took the feel into account. They are super squishy now as opposed to the hard v1's. One thing I think you could try would be to make them look glossier, similar to the Pilot Dr. Grip grips that Penwish has gotten custom made in black and white. I think the colored grips would look a lot nicer with the glossy look and on top of that, no modders, as far as I know, have seen glossy colored Dr. Grip grips unless they dyed them (which is a hassle) so it would be an improvement to your addition to the pen modder's arsenal of materials. I'll let you know if I mod things with them. Thanks for the grips :], Nacho

11. modrod
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 20:35:37

@Nachoaddict - thanks for the feedback. We do have the ability to make them glossy, and may do that sometime in future. Regarding modding, I know you are probably real busy with school right now, so just whenever you get the chance. Of course, I am really looking forward to seeing a mod that uses the grey V2's so when you do get the time please put that color on top of the list! thanks!

12. modrod
    Date: Fri, Sep 27 2013 20:36:35

Sorry i have been missing in action for so long. Once again I thought modrod was through. Looks like a Higher Power had other plans. :) Something unexpected is stirring for us. Won't know for sure for a few weeks what's to come, but it could be very significant to make modrod a whole lot better. In the meantime keep watch out on YouTube for a new video (of sorts). Thanks for all the patience. I love you guys. Sorry - SO SORRY! - for the long absence. NEW PROJECT [COLOR="magenta"][FONT="Veranda"][SIZE="4"]Casting call for all modrod spinners/modders.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [B]CLICK HERE[/B]

13. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Sep 28 2013 18:15:10

Welcome back!

14. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Sep 28 2013 22:14:55

Wb!

15. modrod
    Date: Mon, Sep 30 2013 00:06:14

eurocracy wrote: Welcome back!
    thanks euro and showman. so glad you guys are still spinning and still on the UPSB.

16. ItsNick
    Date: Sat, Oct 5 2013 11:31:40

Welcome back, but this really trolled me lol http://modrod.com/office-supplies.html i thought u guys are finally producing pens haha

17. modrod
    Date: Fri, Oct 11 2013 18:05:32

ItsNick wrote: Welcome back, but this really trolled me lol http://modrod.com/office-supplies.html i thought u guys are finally producing pens haha
    lol ~ sorry about that. the website is going to be reworked in the near future. oh, and looking like we may the eVo in large supply in the not so distant future. O.O more to come...