UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / A challenge for you (help a noob)

1. chynonm
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 21:29:22

http://imgur.com/a/8y1Pw my pens the 1st image are my regular pen and my current practice pen (about 5x heavier then the other) also have only one of them. 2nd image, ALL the pens I have at my disposal, they come from medicine propaganda so they all have a drug's logo and are hard to find - 90%of them have at least doubled also many many recolors of the most common ones. about me - started PS'ing 2 weeks ago so still getting the hang of the basics, hand size 21cm, looking for a pen hvy (mainly on the tips) and simetrical x2.

2. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 21:43:20

cool, keep up PS and don't give up! You got a pretty good collection of pen their but you might want to try getting some pens you can mod with!

3. chynonm
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 21:48:14

Bic Atlantis Big crystal Lakubo pens PaperMate Star Gels Grip Pentel HGG Pilot G2 Sakuraz Uniball Signo list of pens available in Portugal, can't even find these in the shopping mall, all the pens there are gripless, i wanted to see if I could work something with these first

4. Demetrius
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 21:55:10

chynonm wrote: Bic Atlantis Big crystal Lakubo pens PaperMate Star Gels Grip Pentel HGG Pilot G2 Sakuraz Uniball Signo list of pens available in Portugal, can't even find these in the shopping mall, all the pens there are gripless, i wanted to see if I could work something with these first
    that uniball signo is used for modding(the tip is. ex. Waterfall mod) Hgg could be used for a rsvp mx. and the pilot g2 i think can also be used for modding the black mod.

5. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 21:59:14

I am not much of a pen modder myself but its pretty hard to tell you how to make a mod without actually feeling how the weight of the pens are. There are some good modders around so you might be in luck but you probably just gotta start experimenting. Read some tutorials to get an idea of basic modding techniques and try applying them yourslef. Sorry for not being more helpful.

6. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 22:04:51

Awesome wrote: I am not much of a pen modder myself but its pretty hard to tell you how to make a mod without actually feeling how the weight of the pens are. There are some good modders around so you might be in luck but you probably just gotta start experimenting. Read some tutorials to get an idea of basic modding techniques and try applying them yourslef. Sorry for not being more helpful.
    No need to apologize for not being more helpful. At least you helped!

7. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 22:46:13

If you could get a RSVP then you may be able to make one of these or a classic RSVP MX. The first one seems hard to make though.

8. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 23:17:56

hmm, this is a bit...hard, since i can't see the pens irl, but using the 1st picture, i have some ideas: if you look at the top 'row' of pens, around the middle, the white one with the THICK black stripe between the green and clear pen, get 2 of those caps get 2 decently heavy metal tips from the available pens (preferably identical) and a bit of random grip, or just heaps of grip and put them on the cams for the body......get a random marker like a supertip and just empty it etc

9. PenwisH
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 02:45:13

hmmm probably should put this in modification questions. I'm going to try to organize the board