UPSB v4

Forum Games / I'd quite like to run a game - Requests?

1. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 17:34:06

Any requests? The only thing I will say is - I will not run Mafia. Any other game is possible though.

2. Tentcell
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 00:50:24

What are some examples of other games that you would be willing to host? I'm game, just don't know of any other then mafia.

3. jaychou
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:07:27

Need some EPYC

4. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:55:13

jaychou wrote: Need some EPYC
    EPYC? @Tentcell Here are some forum games. Google them if you want more info on them! Haggle - Fast pace trading game - Played start to finish on one evening. Probably 6-10 players. Driving game - Each player starts with 1000 points to spend. You then spend x points in each turn secretly. Whoever spends the least points 'loses' that leg of the race and is eliminated. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place receive a small amount of bonus points. Raced over (number of players - 1) races. Winner is last man standing. This game will be played over about 10-14 days and is open to 7-12 players. RPG - This is a role playing game in which you create a character (within the rules), with stats and items. You are then given (usually four) choices as to what to do on your turn. This may involving fighting monsters, buying things at shops, or exploring mysterious areas. You can level up if for various good actions, but also die, for example, to a trap or a monster. Last man standing OR first to level x (usually about level 12) is the winner. This game would be played over 1-3 weeks and 6-10 players. Feel free to suggest your own.

5. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:55:45

jaychou wrote: Need some EPYC
    EPYC? @Tentcell Here are some forum games. Google them if you want more info on them! Haggle - Fast pace trading game - Played start to finish on one evening. Probably 6-10 players. Driving game - Each player starts with 1000 points to spend. You then spend x points in each turn secretly. Whoever spends the least points 'loses' that leg of the race and is eliminated. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place receive a small amount of bonus points. Raced over (number of players - 1) races. Winner is last man standing. This game will be played over about 10-14 days and is open to 7-12 players. RPG - This is a role playing game in which you create a character (within the rules), with stats and items. You are then given (usually four) choices as to what to do on your turn. This may involving fighting monsters, buying things at shops, or exploring mysterious areas. You can level up if for various good actions, but also die, for example, to a trap or a monster. Last man standing OR first to level x (usually about level 12) is the winner. This game would be played over 1-3 weeks and 6-10 players. Feel free to suggest your own.

6. jaychou
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 21:42:20

Mats wrote: EPYC?
    Nice double post. EPYC = Eat Poop You Cat It's the picture guessing-drawing game: Each player starts with a piece of paper and a pencil. At the top of the paper, each player writes a sentence. Then they pass the papers to their left. The next player "draws" the sentence a la Pictionary, then folds the paper so only the drawing is visible and passes it to their left. The next player looks at the drawing and writes a sentence that they think the drawing represents. This continues until all players have their original paper back. At the end, all players unfold their paper, and much hilarity ensues as "I am the Walrus, koo-koo-ca-choo" becomes "Hitler and I danced the night away in a disco."

7. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 21:55:23

jaychou wrote: Nice double post. EPYC = Eat Poop You Cat It's the picture guessing-drawing game:
    Let's not mention that. ;)
    Each player starts with a piece of paper and a pencil. At the top of the paper, each player writes a sentence. Then they pass the papers to their left. The next player "draws" the sentence a la Pictionary, then folds the paper so only the drawing is visible and passes it to their left. The next player looks at the drawing and writes a sentence that they think the drawing represents. This continues until all players have their original paper back. At the end, all players unfold their paper, and much hilarity ensues as "I am the Walrus, koo-koo-ca-choo" becomes "Hitler and I danced the night away in a disco."
    Great, a pencil and paper game, on the internet. :facepalm:

8. jaychou
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 22:55:32

Mats wrote: Great, a pencil and paper game, on the internet. :facepalm:
    Oh use your head you damn circus-freak, the moderator PMs the initial message to first player, player draws usually with shitty MSPaint and sends it back to the moderator etcetc

9. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 23:10:36

jaychou wrote: Oh use your head you damn circus-freak, the moderator PMs the initial message to first player, player draws usually with shitty MSPaint and sends it back to the moderator etcetc
    Not exactly polite? :hmm:

10. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 01:31:09

RPG!!!!!! HOST THE RPG MATS HOST IT!!!!

11. jaychou
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 09:27:24

Mats wrote: Not exactly polite? :hmm:
    :wub: <3

12. Tialys
    Date: Sun, Dec 9 2012 16:29:15

How about Rumble? Although the interest in forum games is not the same as it used to be.

13. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Dec 9 2012 17:56:58

Tialys wrote: How about Rumble? Although the interest in forum games is not the same as it used to be.
    rumble is awesome, especially if its the team variant. but it involves setup time to get the right balance of powers.

14. Mats
    Date: Sun, Dec 9 2012 18:43:16

Rumble is great. Anyone who would like to play? @Awesome Btw, what is rumble?

15. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Dec 9 2012 19:31:48

lol? you say rumble is great, then you say what is rumble? wtf lol http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?rules

16. Mats
    Date: Sun, Dec 9 2012 19:41:34

Zombo wrote: lol? you say rumble is great, then you say what is rumble? wtf lol
    That's just how I roll Zombo. :dunce:

17. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Dec 9 2012 22:11:20

I'll play

18. jaychou
    Date: Mon, Dec 10 2012 04:22:28

i want mafia! *pouty face*

19. Tialys
    Date: Mon, Dec 10 2012 04:27:19

I'd rather (co-)host than play tbh. The first game should be simple though. Each player can choose 2 powers to be included in the game from: http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=hero&mode=viewall and we could go from there. Can probably just not use sidekicks for the first game.