UPSB v4

The Vault / Kammy's 2012

1. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 17:32:07

I'm doing it here: This is the list from the 2010 vote:

Spoiler 2010 Awards =Spinning Awards= Best Style [RD] Highest Difficulty [RD] Best Power Tricks [RD] Most Creative [RD] Biggest Improvement [RD] Most Random [Public] Most Underrated [RD] Most Popular Spinner [Public] =Modding Awards= Mod of the Year [Public] Flashiest Modder [RD] Most Innovative/Creative Modder [RD] Cleanest Modding [RD] Most Popular Modder [Public] =Misc. Awards= Favorite Admin/Moderator [Public] (This is ONE award) Best Couple [Public] Hottest Male [Public] Hottest Female [Public] Most likely to Succeed [Public] Most Friendly [RD] Top Shouter [RD] Most Helpful [RD] Coolest Foreigner [RD] Coolest Oldie [RD] Best Troll [Public] Coolest Newbie [Public] (< 6 Months on UPSB.)
    I'm suggesting this as the list for 2012:
    Spoiler =Spinning Awards= Best Style [RD] Highest Difficulty [RD] Best Power Tricks [RD] Most Creative [RD] Biggest Improvement [RD] Most Random [Public] Most Underrated [RD] Best CV Editor [RD] Best CV Organizer[RD] Most Popular Spinner [Public] =Modding Awards= Mod of the Year [Public] Flashiest Modder [RD] Most Innovative/Creative Modder [RD] Cleanest Modding [RD] Most Popular Modder [Public] =Misc. Awards= Favorite Admin/Moderator [Public] (This is ONE award) Best Couple [Public] Hottest Male [Public] Hottest Female [Public] Most likely to Succeed [Public] Most Friendly [RD] Top Shouter [RD] Most Helpful [RD] Coolest Oldie [RD] Coolest Newbie [Public] (< 6 Months on UPSB.)
    And I suggest to put them all to public vote, not for RD. Thoughts?

2. Soren
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 17:50:46

They should all be available for the public to vote.

3. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 18:00:19

Any thoughts on what the awards should be given for? Is this list ok?

4. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 18:56:02

I believe the votes should be public, and not moderated by the research department alone. Although the RD might filter spinners through the nomination process, I think the final say in who the winner of each category should be from UPSB's members.

5. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 18:56:49

Zkhan wrote: I believe the votes should be public, and not moderated by the research department alone. Although the RD might filter spinners through the nomination process, I think the final say in who the winner of each category should be from UPSB's members.
    There's no need to filter. You just get people to post their vote and count up those. Or do people want the nominee/winner system kept as is?

6. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:04:45

Mats wrote: There's no need to filter. You just get people to post their vote and count up those. Or do people want the nominee/winner system kept as is?
    Wait so then everything is a public vote? Why include the [RD] subscript then? Or is that the where public nomination takes place?

7. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:05:50

Zkhan wrote: Wait so then everything is a public vote? Why include the [RD] subscript then? Or is that the where public nomination takes place?
    I couldn't be bothered undoing all the RD script, I thought when I said ALL PUBLIC, people would understand that.

8. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:09:24

Mats wrote: I couldn't be bothered undoing all the RD script, I thought when I said ALL PUBLIC, people would understand that.
    You essentially copied and pasted last year's list and added 3 categories, but whatever. Do what you feel. It should be all public anyways, no need to have the RD mediate.

9. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:13:25

Zkhan wrote: You essentially copied and pasted last year's list and added 3 categories, but whatever. Do what you feel. It should be all public anyways, no need to have the RD mediate.
    I didn't add a single category.

10. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:19:24

Best CV Editor [RD] Best CV Organizer[RD] were added Coolest Foreigner [RD] Best Troll [Public] were subtracted, but these two categories are necessary considering this is a UPSB exclusive event

11. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:23:31

Zkhan wrote: Best CV Editor [RD] Best CV Organizer[RD] were added Coolest Foreigner [RD] Best Troll [Public] were subtracted, but these two categories are necessary considering this is a UPSB exclusive event
    I took out the bottom two, but the top two were already in the first list lol

12. Zkhan
    Date: Fri, Nov 16 2012 19:25:50

Mats wrote: I'm doing it here: This is the list from the 2010 vote:
    Spoiler 2010 Awards =Spinning Awards= Best Style [RD] Highest Difficulty [RD] Best Power Tricks [RD] Most Creative [RD] Biggest Improvement [RD] Most Random [Public] Most Underrated [RD] Most Popular Spinner [Public] =Modding Awards= Mod of the Year [Public] Flashiest Modder [RD] Most Innovative/Creative Modder [RD] Cleanest Modding [RD] Most Popular Modder [Public] =Misc. Awards= Favorite Admin/Moderator [Public] (This is ONE award) Best Couple [Public] Hottest Male [Public] Hottest Female [Public] Most likely to Succeed [Public] Most Friendly [RD] Top Shouter [RD] Most Helpful [RD] Coolest Foreigner [RD] Coolest Oldie [RD] Best Troll [Public] Coolest Newbie [Public] (< 6 Months on UPSB.)
    I dont see it, but that's besides the point. You should start making the threads soon. Everything seems fine to me if it's all just public.

13. Alex
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 02:28:41

What about most infractions in a period of 4 days?

14. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 02:51:42

please include 'best troll' :D

15. PenwisH
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 03:28:38

idunno lol the board seems like it's semi dying / inactive all of a sudden starting few months ago

16. Xienix
    Date: Sat, Nov 17 2012 15:09:48

PenwisH wrote: idunno lol the board seems like it's semi dying / inactive all of a sudden starting few months ago
    i think it's because school is started agian D:

17. Fuse
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 01:54:31

This should definitely happen.

18. Gash
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:30:44

Xienix wrote: i think it's because school is started agian D:
    It's been evident even from the shoutbox that UPSB seems dead :/ Every time I look, the last shout is from like half an hour ago. I'm just exaggerating, but yeah D:

19. neXus
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 14:58:27

The activeness of the shoutbox says nothing about UPSB. I'm on the shoutbox daily but I'm not keeping UPSB alive.

20. Mats
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 15:42:42

neXus wrote: The activeness of the shoutbox says nothing about UPSB. I'm on the shoutbox daily but I'm not keeping UPSB alive.
    Or are you? You suggest the shoutbox is of no importance what-so-ever. I think however, that the shoutbox is important, to an extent.

21. neXus
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 16:04:47

I wouldn't say no importance but the community can't live off the shoutbox. PenSpinning is discussed way to seldom and especially not by me.

22. Soren
    Date: Sun, Nov 18 2012 19:40:41

There should be an award for the Most Active on UPSB, Best Contributor and Most Trusted.

23. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 16:59:54

Alright, I'm going to kick off the voting on December 1st (give or take 24 hours). When should results be released? Christmas time? New Year? Just after New Year? Most active is a bit too mathematical, best contribute, yeah good positive one there and most trusted, same story. :)

24. Fuse
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 20:31:57

New Years is celebrated globally and is an important date throughout the world. Christmas is not. My vote is for New Years (or around that time really).

25. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 20:40:17

Fuse wrote: New Years is celebrated globally and is an important date throughout the world. Christmas is not. My vote is for New Years (or around that time really).
    I wasn't sure how wide spread New Year celebrations are vs Christmas. I'm not sure how many countries run on the same calender. :S

26. Fuse
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 20:57:54

That was just from my knowledge, I could be wrong.

27. Xienix
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 21:15:54

.....why don't you just release it as soon as possible? why al the special dates ?T_T

28. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 19 2012 21:17:27

Xienix wrote: .....why don't you just release it as soon as possible? why al the special dates ?T_T
    It's supposed to be for the entire year, so I'm doing it very late. I don't really want to do it at the start of next year though, that just seems weird. So, as late in this year as possible.

29. Raos
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 04:35:23

There needs to be a richest ward, lolwut

30. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 20 2012 04:41:23

Raos wrote: There needs to be a richest ward, lolwut
    Lordbojo wins!

31. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 17:00:26

=Spinning Awards= Best Style [RD] Highest Difficulty [RD] Best Power Tricks [RD] Most Creative [RD] Biggest Improvement [RD] Most Random [Public] Most Underrated [RD] Most Popular Spinner [Public] =Modding Awards= Mod of the Year [Public] Flashiest Modder [RD] Most Innovative/Creative Modder [RD] Cleanest Modding [RD] Most Popular Modder [Public] =Misc. Awards= Favorite Admin/Moderator [Public] (This is ONE award) Hottest Male [Public] Hottest Female [Public] Most likely to Succeed [Public] Most Friendly [RD] Top Shouter [RD] Most Helpful [RD] Coolest Oldie [RD] Coolest Newbie [Public] (< 6 Months on UPSB.) Most trusted Best contributor This is the list. I'm going to start posting up polls over the next few days...

32. Xienix
    Date: Wed, Nov 28 2012 14:14:40

@Mats ....what happend to Best CV Editor and the Best CV Organizer O.o?

33. Iota
    Date: Wed, Nov 28 2012 15:56:29

^ it would be good for those to exist imo .-.