UPSB v4

The Vault / Get a top viewed Youtube video

1. Mats
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 21:36:43

Any ideas for a way in which we could get a pen spinning video that is more viewed than any other current Youtube video based on pen spinning? I believe the current top viewed video has 3.5million views https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q7s4E94-No (I could be wrong) and is very very old. Can we make a modern one and attract more views to promote the art of pen spinning? Basically, I see Youtube as the best way to promote pen spinning. How can we get one (or more) very highly viewed videos?

2. King
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 22:44:23

Look its mats!

3. Quake
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 00:27:35

heh, mats has returned. I think that a good way to do this would be to find some sort of way to get in contact with a really popular youtuber, and try to get them to feature part of the video in their own, or something. Then give a link to that. Or if you have ever heard of the "Kids React, Teens React, Elders React" series on youtube. You could attempt to see if they feature the video. Or ... just share the video like crazy. Everywhere. Facebook, TC, Online Games, Friends, Family, anyone. Idk, just some ideas.

4. Walkaz
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 03:53:53

let's make one single collab that features all the boards and everyone helps promote that video spinfest allstar seems to be ok also if we could promote by sending the vid on the kid reacts thing on yt, might help :P

5. wotu1
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 04:08:13

Meh, even though itd be nice having ps be more known, having a viral vid of ps would, i dunno, it feels like itd ruin the uniqueness of it. But yeah having it be on "____s React" would definitely make it popular

6. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 04:42:55

MAKE THE VIDEO AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. take the 3 million-view video as an example. no complicated name like FL cont. 1.5 or SPINFEST or REX TRICK tutorial. 99% sure only psers would watch those. non-psers watch simple "charge tutorial" kind of video. just a thought everyone.

7. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 08:32:43

yeah I think keeping combos short and the overall video length short is a very good idea. ^^ Anyone know any popular Youtubers? Everyone in the forum could also post the video link on their Facebook AND a link from their other websites (other forums you're members on, personal websites, Youtube etc). It would be good if you could reply to this thread if you are willing to do this.

8. Quake
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 08:45:15

i wish I knew some popular youtubers. Unfortunately, I don't. However I don't have a problem sharing a video everywhere. I am on a lot of different sites all the time, so its no big deal. :)

9. Xienix
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 14:20:07

-simple name -simple but nice looking edits -awesome but short combo's -and throw a lot of pro asian people +eriror in it that will do i think :P

10. Mats
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 14:22:04

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13207&p=232482#post232482

11. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 18:39:43

I think the music has a lot to do with the success of that video, it sounds so japanesey and penspinning is an asain theme thing. The music get people to think OMG awesomeness and then the spinning fits into the stereotype and what the music made them expect. Getting a good song that meshes with the spinning is the most important part imo. EDIT: Perhaps try to find a semi-popular band to write a song specifically for this; they can profit off the promotion of their music. Also getting a popular youtube channel to post it will help, I think Eriror is the most popular penspinner we have, but if someone else had an even more popular channel that would be better. I know google tries to prevent this but if we could exploit the algorithms used for searches and related videos that could help; but it seems that getting a super popular video is the best way for those means to help you out.

12. Soren
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 18:59:30

Either make the video incredibly beautiful and great, or you would have to rely on the characteristics of a viral video to promote it.

13. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 23:05:52

it needs to be short, otherwise ppl will get bored and the spinning must be really varied otherwise ppl will think its repetitive and maybe add some instructions in it so it appears accessible (anybody can learn)

14. SJ
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 08:33:58

have psy penspin. the views will skyrocket.

15. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:06:17

Ehhhh sexy buster... ... Oppa peem style :thumb: Frog~

SJ wrote: have psy penspin. the views will skyrocket.

16. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:00:04

/in tell me what 'type' of combo is wanted

17. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:18:49

Walkaz;232389]let's make one single collab that features all the boards and everyone helps promote that video spinfest allstar seems to be ok also if we could promote by sending the vid on the kid reacts thing on yt, might help :P[/QUOTE] Yes, it would be nice to get a variety of people from all boards to do it. [QUOTE=GeeGeeGee;232398]MAKE THE VIDEO AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. take the 3 million-view video as an example. no complicated name like FL cont. 1.5 or SPINFEST or REX TRICK tutorial. 99% sure only psers would watch those. non-psers watch simple "charge tutorial" kind of video. just a thought everyone.[/QUOTE] The general public watch anything cool or interesting. I watched a few popular videos (10 million +) the other day and they vary greatly in complexity. I don't think there is anything wrong with complex or simple, it just has to keep your attention. [QUOTE=Quake;232444]i wish I knew some popular youtubers. Unfortunately, I don't. However I don't have a problem sharing a video everywhere. I am on a lot of different sites all the time, so its no big deal. :)[/QUOTE] Cool. :) [QUOTE=Xienix wrote: -simple name -simple but nice looking edits -awesome but short combo's -and throw a lot of pro asian people +eriror in it that will do i think :P
    Yes. (double posted because I didn't realize you can carry quotes over the page...)

18. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:24:41

Awesome;232516]I think the music has a lot to do with the success of that video, it sounds so japanesey and penspinning is an asain theme thing. The music get people to think OMG awesomeness and then the spinning fits into the stereotype and what the music made them expect. Getting a good song that meshes with the spinning is the most important part imo. EDIT: Perhaps try to find a semi-popular band to write a song specifically for this; they can profit off the promotion of their music. Also getting a popular youtube channel to post it will help, I think Eriror is the most popular penspinner we have, but if someone else had an even more popular channel that would be better. [/quote] The music is important, but I won't be thinking too much about that until I see what kind of clips are coming in. Anyone know anyone with a popular Youtube channel? Eriror probably is no.1 in pen spinning?
    I know google tries to prevent this but if we could exploit the algorithms used for searches and related videos that could help; but it seems that getting a super popular video is the best way for those means to help you out.
    I think sharing videos will rack up the views, not trying to manipulate algorithms. If each person that sees the video shares it, that's how you get huge numbers of views. wrote on your wall "omg I just saw this ". [QUOTE=Supergirl;232520]Either make the video incredibly beautiful and great, or you would have to rely on the characteristics of a viral video to promote it.[/QUOTE] I aim not for greatness or beauty in the video, merely variety and interest. [QUOTE=Zombo;232552]it needs to be short, otherwise ppl will get bored and the spinning must be really varied otherwise ppl will think its repetitive and maybe add some instructions in it so it appears accessible (anybody can learn)[/QUOTE] Short, yes, I was working on a 3 minute limit. Varied, yes, thus many people are submitting, of all pen spinning levels and they can submit as many clips as they want. Instructions? Possibly. [QUOTE=SJ;232593]have psy penspin. the views will skyrocket.[/QUOTE] Anyone know Psy? [QUOTE=i.suk wrote:
    /in tell me what 'type' of combo is wanted
    I really am not 100% sure, but I think a combo in which it looks like the pen could drop at any moment (but it doesn't) would be good. It is the tension of dropping that makes things like pen spinning entertaining. The more likely it looks like the pen will be dropped, the more entertaining it is, as there exists a greater tension.

19. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 13:35:58

Psy is the gangam-style dude.

20. Mats
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 13:53:29

Awesome wrote: Psy is the gangam-style dude.
    :facepalm: I mean, anyone know Psy? Not, know who he is, but actually know him personally?

21. Awesome
    Date: Tue, Nov 13 2012 22:21:33

Mats wrote: :facepalm: I mean, anyone know Psy? Not, know who he is, but actually know him personally?
    ahahaha sorry I was just waking up :P