UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Punkan Variation created by Kcom2002

1. Kcom2002
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 08:53:15

[video=youtube;iUCXtDZdTiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUCXtDZdTiU&feature=youtu.be[/video] Ext Ta ~ Aerial Backhand spin to wrist ~ pivots onto arm ~ Fl armaround ~> Fl Ta. This variation does not contain a 0.5 toss onto the arm followed by an arm around like a regular Punkan. It starts with a backhand aerial spin landing onto the wrist and then pivoting onto the arm using an arm movement. Afterwards an arm around followed by a fl ta is executed. Note: Ocha does a similar trick in one of his videos but that is different hence it is an elbow spin punkan and cobra bite variation.

2. fang
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:57:30

I was hope'ing for moar variations!

3. Kcom2002
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:01:26

fang wrote: I was hope'ing for moar variations!
    Title says "Variation" with no 's'. :P

4. fang
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:06:34

Kcom2002 wrote: Title says "Variation" with no 's'. :P
    Yeah, my bad. ;)

5. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 02:45:35

noice. but not really a variation its the exact same thing but with an open hand

6. Kcom2002
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 02:54:48

Jagex wrote: noice. but not really a variation its the exact same thing but with an open hand
    It is not the exact same thing. A punkan does not contain a backhand spin. A normal punkan is a toss to the arm and then an armaround. This is an ext ta to back hand spin aerial to wrist with the pen pivoting onto the arm due to the arm movement followed by an armaround. Get your facts straight Jagex.

7. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 03:39:56

than just call it a ext ta to back hand spin aerial to wrist with the pen pivoting onto the arm

8. Kcom2002
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 04:07:36

Jagex wrote: than just call it a ext ta to back hand spin aerial to wrist with the pen pivoting onto the arm
    That's stupid. It is not a new trick. It is a variation.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:54:59

You threw the pen into the air, it didn't do 1.0 spin on the back of your hand.

10. Kcom2002
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:57:45

eurocracy wrote: You threw the pen into the air, it didn't do 1.0 spin on the back of your hand.
    It is not a spin on the hand, it is an aerial spin to the wrist. The pen then pivots onto the arm. The angle is not very good.

11. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:58:31

ocha did that on his elbow with more rev

12. Kcom2002
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:00:07

Walkaz wrote: ocha did that on his elbow with more rev
    That was a Punkan [B]and[/B] cobra bite variation. Notice that Ocha's is caught differently and does not have a Fl ta.

13. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 15:23:33

Kcom2002 wrote: Wrong, That was a cobra bite variation. Notice that Ocha's is caught differently and does not have a Fl ta.
    more like the pen fell on the other side of his arm so he caught it that way :rofl: the punkan doesnt need a flta ending, any catch will do

14. Kcom2002
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 04:26:19

Walkaz wrote: more like the pen fell on the other side of his arm so he caught it that way :rofl: the punkan doesnt need a flta ending, any catch will do
    Ocha's video was a variation of Punkan [B]and[/B] cobra bite. Also, the pen lands on the side of his elbow and it is transferred to the elbow while mine was the arm. It was also transferred differently to my Variation. Ocha does an aerial straight to his elbow. Mine is not. Mine is an aerial to the wrist and a pivot onto the arm. Ocha also caught it like that deliberately, if you pay attention notice his hand during the spin. He didn't catch it simply because it fell that way.

15. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 05:10:11

Kcom2002 wrote: Ocha's video was not a variation of Punkan. It is a cobra bite variation.
    no, and yes it is a pun kan and tw cobra bite variation lol also, pun kan was never even formally defined (and surely not on upsb's RD as far as i know, as least there's no article on it), so the fl ta is not part of the breakdown ocha's is as much of an armaround as x1213's pun kan ~ tw cobra bite is, i.e. it still has part of an armaround in fact, your variation has no armaround, and pun kan x 1 has no armaround...only pun kan x 2 or higher have complete fl armarounds.... :P

16. Kcom2002
    Date: Mon, Nov 12 2012 05:14:20

i.suk wrote: no, and yes it is a pun kan and tw cobra bite variation lol also, pun kan was never even formally defined (and surely not on upsb's RD as far as i know, as least there's no article on it), so the fl ta is not part of the breakdown ocha's is as much of an armaround as x1213's pun kan ~ tw cobra bite is, i.e. it still has part of an armaround in fact, your variation has no armaround, and pun kan x 1 has no armaround...only pun kan x 2 or higher have complete fl armarounds.... :P
    True that, but the variations themselves are still completely different and mine also contains a part of an armaround. :P

17. AdiblueseaQQQ
    Date: Wed, Nov 14 2012 02:00:21

Nice I cant even do a punkan most of the time ;)