UPSB v4

General Discussion / im a newb and i have some questions

1. Good Guy Mark
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 20:45:47

Ok so I started spinning pens last night, and I did some googling and made myself a BICtory and was wondering how hard it is to assemble an RSVP mx and also im learning how to do a sonic and was wondering what other noob tricks i need to learn

2. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 22:35:27

@Good Guy Mark RSVP MX isn't that hard to make, but since you live in USA you can't find all the parts in your local stores. You need a HGG tip and grip which can be bought here, and you need a regular RSVP which can be bought at some stores in USA.

3. Banz
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 22:40:57

Hello, Well RSVP MX is really easy to make, you can check how to make it here. The tricks beginners usually start with are Thumbaround, Sonic, Infinity, Charge, Twisted Sonic, Backaround, ... All these tricks have a lot of derivatives (Thumbaround Reverse, Sonic Rise, Double Infinity, ...), you can learn them in any order, just do as you like =) Check the forums, watch videos to get an idea of what's possible, and learn what you want. There is no predefinite order to learn tricks =)

4. sopi
    Date: Fri, Nov 9 2012 23:08:35

@ Good Guy Mark please don't open such new threads without looking in the forum. Ask questions about mods here http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=23 or here http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=3431&page=1 and questions about tricks here http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=27

5. Soark
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 00:34:03

Back arounds are pretty easy.

6. Fuse
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 05:59:21

Simple RSVP mod that can be made with US parts, since you can't get an MX. Idea is the same as an MX though: Reverse the RSVP inktube, put the grip in the cap, and put the cap on the back. You need a retractable RSVP grip (the long ones, you can find these at Office Max or Staples usually) and any metal tip (also found on pens at office supple stores, but be careful: some plastic tips look metal in the package!). Put the tip on the RSVP body's front, then put the grip over it (where the RSVP grip was). You're done. Basically just a simple RSVP mod. Learn fundamentals: Fingerpass, Sonic, Thumbaround, Charge.

7. Good Guy Mark
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 18:34:53

thanks for the help guys im still using my BICtory untill i get my rsvp (need to get supplies) the look is kinda growin on me though so well see what happens anyways i can do sonic 8/10 times just working on making it prettier (pen lands between the right finger and on top of my thumb flat but im curling in instead of letting it just rest their so im consciousky trying to fix that and i can go up and down about 4 times with fingrpasses before i have to reposition the pen...but my finger passes arent near as fluid as the youtube guys are. well peace and thanks again

8. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Nov 10 2012 18:37:14

finger pass takes a long time before its super fluid but you're spinning will look much better when it is.