UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / any tips for doing cont tricks??

1. MondPs
    Date: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:31:00

can you guys give me some tips on doing cont tricks?? like spreads,busts,hai tua s?

2. NeoN
    Date: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:08:32

Create notes, aim to new record.

3. i.suk
    Date: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:54:42

MondPs wrote: can you guys give me some tips on doing cont tricks?? like spreads,busts,hai tua s?
    intense practice sessions focusing on a single trick for a week gives far more improvement than just random practice spread out over a year calmness and control are the most important, losing either one usually leads to a drop xD COP marked mod may help (it also might not, but it's worth trying) :P don't think too much....but don't think too little, you must be focused completely on spinning but you shouldn't have to deliberately direct mentally every movement of your fingers/hand

4. Kcom2002
    Date: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:03:43

Focus on that trick only and practice for several hours or a long period of time. Don't rage quit and concentrate on doing the trick correctly each time.

5. ChainBreak
    Date: Sat, Nov 3 2012 13:43:28

No way around grinding the shit out of the trick. However there are still 2 options: 1) The mindless grind: You just practice untill you bleed. Means you'll be able to do the tricks without really focusing when you're done grinding. 2) The ''intelligent'' grind: Practice and while you practice grasp the core concept of the trick, like how and at which part of the trick you provide the momentum, the timing of the hand movements etc. Means you'll be able to do the tricks when focusing and you can easily transfer the concepts you learned to other tricks. This requires some kind of analytic ability. Both will provide the ability to spam tricks, but for some people the 1st option is better and for some people the 2nd option is better. It all depends on the abilities of the spinner so try both and see for yourself which is easier.

6. astronaut
    Date: Sat, Nov 3 2012 16:51:02

I once heard Kam say that you shouldn't just practice one trick at a time or the fingers used to do the trick will be intensely tired. You could get a RSI if done for so long. But thats only if you do it for 4.5+ hours a day, without breaks in between. But then it will be easier to master the trick if you spend lots of time practicing it. I'm confused :wacko:

7. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Nov 4 2012 01:06:53

To learn a trick you gotta practice it for a long time to get tired and then let your hand rest for a few days. When you come back your nervous system will have grown to allow you to do the trick easier. Rinse and repeat and you'll master the trick.

astronaut wrote: I once heard Kam say that you shouldn't just practice one trick at a time or the fingers used to do the trick will be intensely tired. You could get a RSI if done for so long. But thats only if you do it for 4.5+ hours a day, without breaks in between. But then it will be easier to master the trick if you spend lots of time practicing it. I'm confused :wacko:
    I personally will practice a trick until I start getting worse at it cuz my hands are tired from it and then I'll focus on nailing it several times in a row then do something else. I feel like making sure the last few times before you stop practicing are the most important and should be done as perfectly as possible.