UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Official "What Pen Should I get/make" & "Recommend a Pen for me" Thread

1. PenwisH
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 01:53:36

We have had way too many what pen is best for me threads and what pen should I get so lets make this the official thread for that.

2. spinford
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 02:59:48

I would really want some Kuzu mods =)

3. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 06:04:05

Hal kt using violet ct and extended dr grip

4. Gash
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 07:44:39

You don't choose the pen. The pen mod chooses you. On topic: Ivan Mod, KT.

5. PERSIST
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 07:53:33

Waterfall Comssa or just a regular Waterfall ONLY IF you're okay with the Dr. Grip grips on each side getting dusty whenever you drop the mod.

6. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:47:27

what pen should i get? i've been spinning 5 years and i can only do thumbaround

7. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:51:37

Wait isn't this the same as http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=1377

8. NeoN
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 15:08:36

i.suk;230295]what pen should i get? i've been spinning 5 years and i can only do thumbaround[/QUOTE] Super Buster 9000 [QUOTE=Apocalyptic Shadows wrote: Wait isn't this the same as http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=1377
    As PW said, this thread is official.

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 15:11:11

Dc comssa is better than every buster or buster variations.

10. NeoN
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 15:13:01

ChainBreak wrote: Dc comssa is better than every buster or buster variations.
    It was a joke ._. BTW, which tips to use for Dr. Comssa?

11. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 15:13:41

NeoN wrote: Super Buster 9000 As PW said, this thread is official.
    Isn't the thread also "official"? Look at the posts. Anyway, kUzu g3s

12. Soren
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 15:21:40

Gash wrote: You don't choose the pen. The pen mod chooses you. On topic: Ivan Mod, KT.
    Yeah, because pen mods automatically come running knocking on your door.

13. PenwisH
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 18:30:20

this is more or less for people asking what's good lol -0_-

14. Tommy
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 19:11:10

What?

15. PenwisH
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 19:16:46

We have had to delete tons of "what mod is good for me threads" this is the place to ask. nothing more nothing less

16. Myul
    Date: Fri, Nov 2 2012 16:51:17

What pen should I get? I've been spinning for 8 months and I don't do power tricks much. Anything except Buster CYL, RSVP MX, MSXA, and Dr. KT.

17. PenwisH
    Date: Fri, Nov 2 2012 17:09:55

waterfall metal comssa seven or any g3 sc mod fits. none super duper heavy

18. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Nov 2 2012 19:42:05

Myul wrote: What pen should I get? I've been spinning for 8 months and I don't do power tricks much. Anything except Buster CYL, RSVP MX, MSXA, and Dr. KT.
    S777 mx like the one in the video tutorial by S777.

19. Lovestruck
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 09:06:36

I haven't been spinning for very long, just 3 weeks now. Can you guys recommend me a couple mods plus others that I should get after getting those?

20. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 09:55:11

Lovestruck wrote: I haven't been spinning for very long, just 3 weeks now. Can you guys recommend me a couple mods plus others that I should get after getting those?
    You should get a few mods and its really up to you which one you like. Waterfall, metal comssa, KT, buster are popular. Mainly because DC mods are usually easier to spin than SC.

21. PenwisH
    Date: Sun, Nov 11 2012 14:15:07

as always It's best to start off with something nice and cheap aka metal comssa. It's a nice starting out pen.

Lovestruck wrote: I haven't been spinning for very long, just 3 weeks now. Can you guys recommend me a couple mods plus others that I should get after getting those?

22. BictoryNoob
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 14:48:33

I have Bictory. For Christmas, imthinking of getting a new pen or something. I don't Santa really heavy one or metal one. Something semi similar to bictory weight, but that spins better. Would this be a good choice? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penspinning-pen-Pendolsa-comssa-Tatoo2-/190382841315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c53b39de3 If not, just say why not and if you know any other pens that would be good forme, let me know. Btw, I prefer double sided ones.

23. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 17:13:34

BictoryNoob wrote: I have Bictory. For Christmas, imthinking of getting a new pen or something. I don't Santa really heavy one or metal one. Something semi similar to bictory weight, but that spins better. Would this be a good choice? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penspinning-pen-Pendolsa-comssa-Tatoo2-/190382841315?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c53b39de3 If not, just say why not and if you know any other pens that would be good forme, let me know. Btw, I prefer double sided ones.
    Yeah, those are comssas and they're very light (I spun a gripless comssa once). And I believe you're getting three of those comssas, so $6 is a great price for them. Comssas are definitely similar weighted to a BICtory, if you want to make it a little heavier, add HGG tips to both ends.

24. BictoryNoob
    Date: Tue, Dec 4 2012 23:28:04

Okay, thanks for the feedback :). I'm probably gonna ask my dad to order them soon. Today at school, my ink like exploded inside of my bictory and yeah. Ate in my classroom instead of cafeteria to clean up the pen. (Basically just cut off the ink and yeah) Now its not as balanced. Edit : Lets say I wanted a heavier pen to just have and possibly move to, what would you recommend? I probably don't want a metal one because I hear people having a bunch of hand pain (I play tennis so my dad would never buy me another pen then) so yea. Decent amount heavier, double-sided, and won't hurt your hand unless you spin constantly for 5 -7 + hours. Also, the seller of the comssa is in South Korea and Ebay's predicted shipping date it within 1 week. Do you think it'll take only that long? I personally thought it'd take a lot longer.

25. Cerberus
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 20:53:37

I've been spinning for about 5-6 months and I'm looking for 3 pens that would last for the rest of my spinning spinning years. Things I am looking for in the pen(s): -Preferably double capped or almost balanced/balanced -Not very heavy -Good for stylish or smooth combos -Looks cool -_- -Around 18~24cm Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!:grin: Edit: Thanks for the ideas NeoN

26. NeoN
    Date: Wed, Dec 5 2012 20:59:43

Cerberus wrote: I've been spinning for about 5-6 months and I'm looking for 3 pens that would last for the rest of my spinning spinning years. Things I am looking for in the pen(s): -Preferably double capped or almost balanced/balanced -Not very heavy -Good for stylish or smooth combos -Looks cool -_- -Around 18~24cm Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!:grin:
    Ajisai SC, Ajisai Comssa, Emboss PC2 I like embosses xD

27. BictoryNoob
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 05:42:42

One pen to stick with. Considering Dr KT or Buster CYL. Or any other things you recommend

28. NeoN
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 05:51:34

BictoryNoob wrote: One pen to stick with. Considering Dr KT or Buster CYL. Or any other things you recommend
    Dr. KT

29. FingerNotPen
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 14:03:49

DR KT and waterfall and flying panda :)

30. BictoryNoob
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 15:07:05

Quick question. Why is the Black Dr Kt onPenwish the most expensive? The blue and other are a few bucks cheaper I just read a review on Penwish and it said it wasn't a kt but a ct. This true? Also, when people refer to waterfall, they mean buster or comssa one?

31. NeoN
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 15:14:57

BictoryNoob wrote: Quick question. Why is the Black Dr Kt onPenwish the most expensive? The blue and other are a few bucks cheaper I just read a review on Penwish and it said it wasn't a kt but a ct. This true?
    Keytio pen used in Dr. KT mod has grey body so yeah it's CT.

32. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Dec 7 2012 16:08:12

If it has a silver/grey body it is a Dr KT original, these are rarer these days. Black body, Dr CT, White body then it is either and AC body, Supertip body or a Miffy/miffy sub body.

33. Valentin
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 18:01:23

What pen would you recommand me for powerpasses? I'm always doing that trick so I'm looking for a mod that is quite heavy and long.

34. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 18:22:50

Valentin wrote: What pen would you recommand me for powerpasses? I'm always doing that trick so I'm looking for a mod that is quite heavy and long.
    How a powerpass works is not so obvious, it's not really 'momentum' based. It's like learning the fingerpass. A waterfall will allow you to learn it, though you can use a buster or VGG mod

35. Valentin
    Date: Thu, Dec 13 2012 18:55:32

Thank you very much!

36. jantosh11
    Date: Mon, Dec 17 2012 21:15:07

Which pen should I get? Emboss mod, or Flying Panda mod, or Waterfall mod, or all three? Sorry if this doesn't fit in with the thread, but it's useless to create a new thread, so I think I'm in the right place.

37. sopi
    Date: Mon, Dec 17 2012 22:11:45

jantosh11 wrote: Which pen should I get? Emboss mod, or Flying Panda mod, or Waterfall mod, or all three? Sorry if this doesn't fit in with the thread, but it's useless to create a new thread, so I think I'm in the right place.
    it depends on what barrel you like and also if you like to spin heavy mods or light mods. Actually you should buy all 3 so you can decide what mod fits to your spinning and to your hands. I would recommand a RSVP mx and comssa for beginners but you must know yourself what's right for you.

38. jantosh11
    Date: Tue, Dec 18 2012 01:51:04

sopi wrote: it depends on what barrel you like and also if you like to spin heavy mods or light mods. Actually you should buy all 3 so you can decide what mod fits to your spinning and to your hands. I would recommand a RSVP mx and comssa for beginners but you must know yourself what's right for you.
    Thanks a lot! I will probably buy all three.

39. NeoN
    Date: Tue, Dec 18 2012 04:00:23

jantosh11 wrote: Thanks a lot! I will probably buy all three.
    Also buy comssa body, so if you wouldn't like thick of emboss body you can make emboss comssa.

40. PERSIST
    Date: Tue, Dec 18 2012 08:20:42

I'm going to side with comssas and supertips. Although this is only because A ) I've used both and they spin VERY nicely, especially with DC mods, and B ) If you wanna buy them at Penwish, they're wayyyy cheaper than embosses. In fact, supertips and comssas are so much more cheaper on penwish.com, that the money you pay to buy 1 emboss pen with a BLACK body can buy you 4 white comssas OR 4 white supertips, and the money you pay to buy 1 emboss pen with a WHITE body can buy you 8 white comssas OR 8 white supertips. So if you're tight on budget, I recommend you avoid embosses.

41. PERSIST
    Date: Wed, Dec 19 2012 05:29:14

BictoryNoob wrote: Quick question. Why is the Black Dr Kt onPenwish the most expensive? The blue and other are a few bucks cheaper I just read a review on Penwish and it said it wasn't a kt but a ct. This true? Also, when people refer to waterfall, they mean buster or comssa one?
    Like a couple other people said, yes, it's made using colortwins which makes a good substitute for keityos. And Waterfall mods come in two different versions: the Waterfall mod and the Waterfall Comssa mod. The only difference is that the Waterfall mod uses a super pirat body and is the original mod, the Waterfall Comssa mod uses a Comssa body instead and isn't the original, so the Comssa body acts as a sub. The orignial mod is also more expensive if you buy off penwish, premade or not.

42. Heckload
    Date: Wed, Jan 2 2013 03:32:45

I'm planning on making another mod and I can't decide which pen to use? Should I use a Pental RSVP or a BICtory?

43. LighT*
    Date: Wed, Jan 2 2013 04:20:39

depends on what pens you like. if you havent tried a single sided mod yet try the RSVp (you should make an MX). but, experiment to see what pens you would rather prefer.

44. 20%
    Date: Wed, Jan 2 2013 05:46:36

Heckload wrote: I'm planning on making another mod and I can't decide which pen to use? Should I use a Pental RSVP or a BICtory?
    Whatever you like to use... But in my opinion, bictory, kinda easier to make

45. shoeman
    Date: Thu, Feb 7 2013 10:02:09

Hey guys I hope I can get some recommendations for a pen mod. I've been spinning RSVP MX for years but in fact I don't like it very much. I'm looking for something that is maybe similar in weight/length and girth (b/c i've gotten used to it), but I would love it to be symmetrical, and give me more room for spinning (have the COG far away from the cap/grip). Also it's important that i'd be able to buy the mod already done, it's hard to find the right pens where I live and I have no modding experience.

46. SuperVValrus
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 02:35:12

shoeman wrote: Hey guys I hope I can get some recommendations for a pen mod. I've been spinning RSVP MX for years but in fact I don't like it very much. I'm looking for something that is maybe similar in weight/length and girth (b/c i've gotten used to it), but I would love it to be symmetrical, and give me more room for spinning (have the COG far away from the cap/grip). Also it's important that i'd be able to buy the mod already done, it's hard to find the right pens where I live and I have no modding experience.
    Metallic comssas are good and light. just make sure it uses lighter grips if you want it to be MX weight

47. NeoN
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 03:16:33

Ajisai SC, it's a little heavier than mx. And for body I recommend CT or crayola, no AC or kearing.

48. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Feb 13 2013 07:52:39

I'd say a Key3 G3 would be better.

49. shoeman
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 09:14:48

I'm looking for a symmetrical pen though, I don't want to be thinking about the side of the pen anymore. the metallic commssa looks like a wand, idk if i should be so picky but I want something i'd feel comfortable spinning.

50. Syrti
    Date: Fri, Feb 15 2013 13:39:00

@shoeman: Waterfall Mod, or Stuhl Mod!

51. shoeman
    Date: Sun, Feb 17 2013 20:59:29

is it possible to buy them pre-made?

52. Oow
    Date: Sun, Feb 17 2013 22:53:04

shoeman wrote: is it possible to buy them pre-made?
    You can buy the Waterfall Mod at Penwish.com Stuhl Mod you probably have to trade/buy from other spinners

53. Sequiture
    Date: Mon, Feb 18 2013 01:44:52

Even though I have already ordered premade mods, reading through this entire thread was interesting. Carry on.

54. BriGuyC
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 05:32:11

What are some good mods for me that can write. (so I dont have to carry 2 writing utensils to school) The mod I use right now is a modified BICtory.

55. shoeman
    Date: Tue, Feb 19 2013 20:44:19

I'm inclined to get a waterfall, does it have any shortcomings?

56. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Feb 21 2013 08:47:05

BriGuyC;248504]What are some good mods for me that can write. (so I dont have to carry 2 writing utensils to school) The mod I use right now is a modified BICtory.[/QUOTE] A balanced variation of an MX (Toro MX, Impact MX, Momentum MX, personal MX, etc). I would recommend avoiding a regular MX if you want a balanced pen, as a regular MX is unbalanced (back-heavy). [QUOTE=shoeman wrote: I'm inclined to get a waterfall, does it have any shortcomings?
    Dr. Grip grips get dusty hilariously easily. Otherwise, nothing bad. Oh, but if you buy a premade Waterfall mod and the signo tips are super-glued into the caps, you're never getting them back out, so I would say try to avoid a Waterfall mod that uses any super-glue. My premade one has signo tips super-glued and now the signo tips are stuck there forever... you never know when you might one day want to remove the tips and use them for something else.

57. shoeman
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 11:49:43

what are some acceptable replacements for dr. grip grips?

58. PERSIST
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 18:28:53

shoeman wrote: what are some acceptable replacements for dr. grip grips?
    Airfit grips, but they are not as clear, stretchy, or as grippy as Dr. Grip grips, but they are the closest thing I've seen to Dr. Grip grips.

59. sopi
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 20:46:14

shoeman;248980]what are some acceptable replacements for dr. grip grips?[/QUOTE] some chinese which name i forgot [QUOTE=PERSIST wrote: Airfit grips, but they are not as clear, stretchy, or as grippy as Dr. Grip grips, but they are the closest thing I've seen to Dr. Grip grips.
    NO! Airfit grips are like completely different, but yeah.....

60. shoeman
    Date: Sat, Feb 23 2013 22:01:50

btw maybe you guys can help me settle something. I have a friend who is trying to persuade me into buying zhigao pens, saying they are much cheaper and spinners only hate them b/c they are biased against cheap mods. for example he compares the zhigao v11 to buster CYL, is there any truth in that comparison? if not, what are the differences (in how it spins, not so much about specific parts obviously)

61. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Feb 24 2013 03:40:55

sopi;249034]some chinese which name i forgot NO! Airfit grips are like completely different, but yeah.....[/QUOTE] Lemme quote myself here. [QUOTE=PERSIST;249021]Airfit grips, but they are not as clear, stretchy, or as grippy as Dr. Grip grips, but they are the [B]closest thing I've seen to Dr. Grip grips[/B].[/QUOTE] But yes, I know the Airfit grips and Dr. Grip grips are very different but still, an Airfit grip is my first choice to sub for a Dr. Grip grip, which I have actually used an Airfit grip to sub until I could get ahold of some Dr. Grip grips. [QUOTE=shoeman wrote: btw maybe you guys can help me settle something. I have a friend who is trying to persuade me into buying zhigao pens, saying they are much cheaper and spinners only hate them b/c they are biased against cheap mods. for example he compares the zhigao v11 to buster CYL, is there any truth in that comparison? if not, what are the differences (in how it spins, not so much about specific parts obviously)
    I know nothing about spinning pens like Penzgear, ZG, etc. However, if you do buy a Buster, I recommend you buy the parts seperately (all parts can be found on Penwish, you just need to do a bit of hunting) if you want a cheaper price. Buying a premade Buster is more expensive as opposed to just buying the parts and making it yourself, but if you don't want to put in the labor yourself, then you can buy it premade.

62. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Sun, Feb 24 2013 12:54:20

I used to have a Zhigao pen v7 I believe and at first it was alright. But those horrible ball bearings started becoming looser and looser. Then it started falling off very frequently. It is, quite simply put, terrible. Not sure about the new ones though. Mods are made by spinners themselves and hence are usually sturdy. Mods are still the better investment IMO.

63. Ecnunn
    Date: Sat, Mar 2 2013 23:04:24

I've been pen spinning for about 4 months now w/ my bictory mod. I guess I would consider myself early intermediate, and I'm looking to buy a few mods now that I'm advancing. Anyone have any suggestions on a mod that would fit my level and the following requirements?: -19-24 cm in length -double sided/capped -balanced at COP -not too thick or thin body (ex. comssa body) -good momentum -preferably w/ good grips (based on ur opinion) and tip -good colors/styles in ur opinion -about the heaviness of a waterfall mod, give or take a little (sorry, i know all these requirements would really limit the # of answers u can give me, if any) I've been considering waterfall comssa or flying panda. Anyone agree or have better suggestions? Also, anyone heard/used an m301x or GJH pencil mod, and care to educate me on it's specs and ur opinions?

64. JustDesire
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 04:50:47

shoeman wrote: btw maybe you guys can help me settle something. I have a friend who is trying to persuade me into buying zhigao pens, saying they are much cheaper and spinners only hate them b/c they are biased against cheap mods. for example he compares the zhigao v11 to buster CYL, is there any truth in that comparison? if not, what are the differences (in how it spins, not so much about specific parts obviously)
    they look somewhat the same, writing mech looks okay while on buster it is non-existent (but a bic ink works fine) grips resemble airfits and tips look rounded or something friend of mine says it's same weight but not very stable barrel is coated in some kind of material (grippy) I'd rather have buster (higher quality parts, assurance that you made it yourself/it's a world famous mod) but I haven't tried Zhigao V11 before... but i have tried other models and they are VERY HEAVY and pretty cheap looking and feeling but im sure that v11 must have some quality to it as it is being sold on penwish http://penwish.com/product_info.php?products_id=1352

65. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 05:56:01

Ecnunn wrote: I've been pen spinning for about 4 months now w/ my bictory mod. I guess I would consider myself early intermediate, and I'm looking to buy a few mods now that I'm advancing. Anyone have any suggestions on a mod that would fit my level and the following requirements?: -19-24 cm in length -double sided/capped -balanced at COP -not too thick or thin body (ex. comssa body) -good momentum -preferably w/ good grips (based on ur opinion) and tip -good colors/styles in ur opinion -about the heaviness of a waterfall mod, give or take a little (sorry, i know all these requirements would really limit the # of answers u can give me, if any) I've been considering waterfall comssa or flying panda. Anyone agree or have better suggestions? Also, anyone heard/used an m301x or GJH pencil mod, and care to educate me on it's specs and ur opinions?
    Waterfall, waterfall comssa. Flying Panda has a supertip body and its thicker than comssa or super pirat.

66. Ultra_Penguin
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 07:01:41

Got a Zhigao v11 around a month ago. It spins very well. Since Penwish doesn't have specs, I got them myself. The pen is ~22 cm long. It weighs 24 gms. The non-slip barrel feels really good. It writes fine, but only from one side. It looks beautiful as it spins. It used to tire my hands, but you get used to it after a while. Don't listen to the naysayers, for many are biased against Spinning Pens. Our pen-mods are just as good, but that should not mean that Spinning Pens are bad. The Zhigao v11 is worth getting, and is cheaper than a buster. Don't hesitate if you are thinking about getting it. Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk 2

67. Quake
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 07:35:56

Ecnunn wrote: I've been pen spinning for about 4 months now w/ my bictory mod. I guess I would consider myself early intermediate, and I'm looking to buy a few mods now that I'm advancing. Anyone have any suggestions on a mod that would fit my level and the following requirements?: -19-24 cm in length -double sided/capped -balanced at COP -not too thick or thin body (ex. comssa body) -good momentum -preferably w/ good grips (based on ur opinion) and tip -good colors/styles in ur opinion -about the heaviness of a waterfall mod, give or take a little (sorry, i know all these requirements would really limit the # of answers u can give me, if any) I've been considering waterfall comssa or flying panda. Anyone agree or have better suggestions? Also, anyone heard/used an m301x or GJH pencil mod, and care to educate me on it's specs and ur opinions?
    If you want my opinion, get the waterfall comssa. In my opinions, the flying Panda sucks. Yes it has a cool name, and looks pretty badass, but in terms of spinning, I dont know. I just didn't like it. Get a Product SC as well. Im biased tho. I recommend those to everyone cause they are sexy.

68. NeoN
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 12:25:19

KT on crayola body.

69. Ecnunn
    Date: Sun, Mar 3 2013 15:12:58

Thx to the people who have replied to my post so far. I'm greatly considering the waterfall comssa mod now, but I hope to order it not pre-made. Can anyone tell me if it is similar or as easy as the modding of an original superpirat waterfall, since I've seen multiple tutorials of those. (This has probably been answered, but I can't seem to find it) Also, any more suggestions for mods would be great, as I am not going to be buying until a little bit longer, I think.

SpoilerI guess I would consider myself early intermediate, and I'm looking to buy a few mods now that I'm advancing. Anyone have any suggestions on a mod that would fit my level and the following requirements?: -19-24 cm in length -double sided/capped -balanced at COP -not too thick or thin body (ex. comssa body) -good momentum -preferably w/ good grips (based on ur opinion) and tip -good colors/styles in ur opinion -about the heaviness of a waterfall mod, give or take a little (sorry, i know all these requirements would really limit the # of answers u can give me, if any) I've been considering waterfall comssa or flying panda. Anyone agree or have better suggestions?

70. Neph
    Date: Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:38:48

I wish to know of a SP that isn't too long, but decent (20-21 centimeters-ish). I would prefer if its double sided and a retractable ink writing system, but that doesn't matter too much. I want the COG=COP or close (as in RT Metallic Comssa), or for there to be a way to make it so without too much extra tweaking. Also, not too heavy (around RT Metallic Comssa weight is great). As long as the prices aren't unreasonable, I'll probably want it. Difficulty for the tuts don't matter.

71. visco
    Date: Wed, Mar 13 2013 21:55:17

i would say minovate dc you need 1x superpirat for 2 identical caps you need 2 of them 2x hggs 2x grip matic tips 2x anyballs weight: about 11g cop=cog length: can be changed

72. Neph
    Date: Wed, Mar 13 2013 23:06:11

Are there any legit tutorials? All that I found are confusing fakes and such.

73. Ecnunn
    Date: Wed, Mar 13 2013 23:59:42

anyone seen or used the black mod by guitrum and care to comment on its looks and/or spinning ability in your opinion for me?

74. JustDesire
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 06:52:53

Neph wrote: Are there any legit tutorials? All that I found are confusing fakes and such.
    no official tutorial, but im guessing the remakes are pretty close. i have one, it spins VERY nicely xD

75. Syrti
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 12:50:18

Eriror's Minovate DC are legit. All you need is listed above.

76. Neph
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 19:43:58

Thanks. ^^ EDIT: Where's his tut?

77. visco
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 20:54:55

@Syrti) of anyball on each sides

78. Neph
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 21:58:01

I don't really understand the German or Google Translate's translations. Any idea?

79. visco
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 22:14:57

@Neph if i have time i will make a tut for u

80. Neph
    Date: Thu, Mar 14 2013 22:46:42

Thank you very much. ^^

81. NanoHologuise
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 01:46:47

What pen mod should I use? I've been spinning for about a year, and I know all all the fundamentals, Infinity and thumbaround rev. I've been using a BICtory. Thanks n.n

82. Ecnunn
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 03:00:44

BICtory is a great mod, which u can still keep on using until u advance a little further. If u really want to try out new mods, the ballsign mod, rsvp mx, and metal comssa are also good beginner mods. RSVP MX is good, since it can let u test out a single sided mod to see if u like those. Or u can modify ur bictory to ur preference.

83. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 06:06:38

Get a KT from pw, u can't go wrong with that.. Besides, no need to change mods when u get better... Just KT all the way! Frog~

84. Syrti
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 19:31:18

Eriror uses 5 on his first one and six, or seven on his second and his red&black one (as far as I remember, what I should because I made them :D)

85. visco
    Date: Fri, Mar 15 2013 20:07:39

@Neph i got all pic tut is coming soon edit: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=14517

86. Ecnunn
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 02:13:45

has anyone used the japanese pencil mod (colored pencil mod) and/or monami 153 retractable mod? if u have, can u give me ur opinions on it? i'm considering to buy them one day.

87. shoeman6
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 03:25:54

Japanese pencil mod and monami are both great :) [video=youtube;R9WgPAFNkQ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WgPAFNkQ8[/video]

88. Ecnunn
    Date: Tue, Mar 19 2013 03:44:00

thx, great video btw :)

89. Ascend
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 18:56:36

Hey, I need some help on deciding what pen I should buy. I'm still a beginner or intermediate spinner, and the most advanced tricks I know probably being the Double Infinity, TA Extended, Neosonic, and Twisted Sonic. I have been linking tricks together to make basic combos that I think look nice, and I'm starting to develop a style. I've been spinning a Metal Comssa and I feel the weight is good (looking for something a little heavier) but there isn't enough momentum for the tricks I'm trying to learn. I'm looking for mostly DC mods (but I might settle for a nice SC mod), and preferrably ones that are also suitable for wiper tricks. I'm also looking to buy from Penwish or a trusted member on here. I've been looking at: - Seven G3 - S777 MX - Ayatori Mod - Buster CYL w/ Gel Tips - Dr. KT Thanks in advance.

90. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 19:00:40

Get a waterfall mod and never look back.

91. Ascend
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 19:09:34

The Waterfall mod looks a bit too long for me, as I have smaller hands - I think 18 cm from the top of my middle finger to the bottom of my palm. Thanks.

92. visco
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 19:25:52

@Ascend i would say minovate dc it has a nice momentum weight 12-13g here the tutorial http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=14517

93. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 19:33:33

You can always cut down the superpirate body if you have the tools and the will. For small hands I still think the waterfall is perfect, KT is nice as well. Not a big fan of the weird momentum of the buster CYL. Take a look at the Namae Mod, that was one of my favourites when I was first getting started.

94. Ascend
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 20:05:24

The Namae looks nice, I'll look into that. But how's the Buster? The weight seems nice as I have a similarly weighted Waterman pen that weighs about 20g and feels nice.

95. shoeman6
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 20:15:09

You're planning on [B]spinning[/B] the pen right? Then let's have a quick lesson in physics. It's all about weight DISTRIBUTION. So how far from the center the tips are, how heavy these tips are, and then compared to the thickness and weight of the barrel, you end up with something like a the rotational equivalent of normal "weight". Buster CYL is a fine mod, but from my own experience the weight distribution / momentum of the dr.KT, or waterfall mod feel better. Take from it what you will. :)

96. Dnreb
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 20:17:27

Cheat comssa is nice too

97. Ascend
    Date: Thu, Apr 4 2013 22:27:25

shoeman6 wrote: You're planning on [B]spinning[/B] the pen right? Then let's have a quick lesson in physics. It's all about weight DISTRIBUTION. So how far from the center the tips are, how heavy these tips are, and then compared to the thickness and weight of the barrel, you end up with something like a the rotational equivalent of normal "weight". Buster CYL is a fine mod, but from my own experience the weight distribution / momentum of the dr.KT, or waterfall mod feel better. Take from it what you will. :)
    Alright. I'll look into the Dr. KT and maybe get a Waterfall and trim it. Also, how's the Dr. AC? I'm really interested in it. Thanks.

98. leeSin
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 00:28:25

Hi, Which mod do you believe is better for a beginner spinner that's looking to get into spinning heavier SC mods? I've been using a Waterfall but it's a bit light and I liked the feel of the RSVP MX so I'm deciding to go SC. I'm considering the Minwoo Mod, Seven's G3, the Ayatori Mod and Firefly's G3.

99. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 08:17:15

leeSin wrote: Hi, Which mod do you believe is better for a beginner spinner that's looking to get into spinning heavier SC mods? I've been using a Waterfall but it's a bit light and I liked the feel of the RSVP MX so I'm deciding to go SC. I'm considering the Minwoo Mod, Seven's G3, the Ayatori Mod and Firefly's G3.
    Seven g3 and ayatori are around 16g IIRC and waterfall is around that weight too so you might not want to get those. Of course, their feel is different and it's up to you. Minwoo is pretty heavy and firefly is pretty unstable even if modded well. You might also want to consider kuzu g3 as its also quite heavy but usually isn't sold premade.

100. leeSin
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 14:55:48

Thank you, I'll look at the Kuzu G3. Is the Minwoo a solid pen tho?

101. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 16:51:10

Yep, Minwoo is great, Kuzu is alright, but they both kind of suffer from the "lead stick" syndrome.

102. leeSin
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 18:23:30

That's fine, as long as there's good weight distrib on the ends. Is it good in that regard?

103. visco
    Date: Mon, Apr 8 2013 20:42:15

minwoo mod is bad very heavy and unbalanced

104. Voracity
    Date: Tue, Apr 9 2013 00:50:38

leeSin wrote: Hi, Which mod do you believe is better for a beginner spinner that's looking to get into spinning heavier SC mods? I've been using a Waterfall but it's a bit light and I liked the feel of the RSVP MX so I'm deciding to go SC. I'm considering the Minwoo Mod, Seven's G3, the Ayatori Mod and Firefly's G3.
    You are OP.

105. Ascend
    Date: Mon, May 6 2013 00:09:27

Hi, I need help again. A friend from school lent me his Minwoo mod and Waterfall, and I've got to say, I love the weight and momentum of the Minwoo mod, but the Waterfall mod feels a little too light. Can you recommend me a nice DC mod with similar weight/characteristics of the Minwoo mod? Thanks in advance.

106. Ecnunn
    Date: Thu, May 9 2013 13:54:11

Hi, is there a noticeable difference between the spinning space of a seven mod and an rsvp mx? Im thinking about getting the seven mod, but I'm not sure if I want a mod with a spinning space shorter than an RSVP (if it even is shorter)

107. Jolly
    Date: Thu, May 9 2013 15:12:33

Ecnunn wrote: Hi, is there a noticeable difference between the spinning space of a seven mod and an rsvp mx?
    If you're just talking about the length of the bodys, then MX has maybe 2mm more than Seven g3, but using the grippart to spin is actually no problem with both of them since the transition is even. and @Ascend I find it hard to compare SC to DC but you might wanna try a KT, that was at least my first thought according to your description.

108. Ascend
    Date: Fri, May 17 2013 07:13:58

Mmm, I've decided I'm going to stick with a lighter pen right now to develop my style. I've been looking at Guitrum's The Black Mod, S777 MX, MX^2, and the Waterfall. Is The Black Mod any good in particular? Pretty interested in that one. Thanks in advance.

109. Reverse
    Date: Fri, May 17 2013 08:04:43

Ascend wrote: Mmm, I've decided I'm going to stick with a lighter pen right now to develop my style. I've been looking at Guitrum's The Black Mod, S777 MX, MX^2, and the Waterfall. Is The Black Mod any good in particular? Pretty interested in that one. Thanks in advance.
    Because of simple and cheap, Black mod is a good one light mod for beginner. Use it, but I don't know about its momentum, so try it by yourself.

110. Dreamer
    Date: Tue, May 28 2013 03:28:28

Hi guys! I've been spinning for a while now (10months~1 year) and I'm looking for a mod that can write. Does the M-301 X pencil mod have a good weight to it? (currently using a metal sg comssa and seven mod) I need a pencil for school that can write and I'm wondering how this mod compares to the ones mentioned earlier. If anyone could give information about this mod or another spinning pen that can write I would really appreciate it! :D

111. Nick
    Date: Tue, May 28 2013 03:41:31

Tiger wrote: Hi guys! I've been spinning for a while now (10months~1 year) and I'm looking for a mod that can write. Does the M-301 X pencil mod have a good weight to it? (currently using a metal sg comssa and seven mod) I need a pencil for school that can write and I'm wondering how this mod compares to the ones mentioned earlier. If anyone could give information about this mod or another spinning pen that can write I would really appreciate it! :D
    no. the m-301 x looks cool, and people won't say "what the h-e-double-bread-sticks" are you writing with ?!", but it seriously sucks to spin. Why don't you try a G.J.H. mod, a kuZu MP, or any of the mods that have been converted to mechanical pencil. The mechanical pencil flexible mx, the nachoaddict mp, and others are more examples.

112. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, May 28 2013 20:02:44

@Tiger Don't spin with MP mods, but if you are going to, use the GJH. MP mods break the lead when dropped, and you will drop them if you're using them. You can use a retractable mod, however, such as the UK comssa, which you can extend the inktube and punch a hole in the front of the comssa nub to make a writable metallic comssa, and it's simpler to do than other MP metallic comssa mods: [video=youtube;zkANxkF4Yko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkANxkF4Yko[/video]

113. tengurocks
    Date: Sun, Jun 9 2013 06:57:27

what is a mod for a guy with 15 cm hands and is noobish

114. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Jun 9 2013 12:29:59

tengurocks wrote: what is a mod for a guy with 15 cm hands and is noobish
    rsvp mx

115. IgnitionZer0
    Date: Mon, Jun 10 2013 13:51:15

Hi everyone I'm a newbie at pen spinning, already learned Ta and ta rev, charge and infinite. Right now I'm trying to get Sonic right every time. So based on what I know and in what I'll learn wich pen do you recommend for me?

116. Kemu
    Date: Mon, Jun 10 2013 23:45:25

I started out spinning a regular pencil with double capped erasers and pencil pillows from staples on each end. it has good momentum for a $0.50 mod and spins really well and since you will be dropping your pen often, better to drop this because you can easily replace the body of the actual pencil

117. IgnitionZer0
    Date: Tue, Jun 11 2013 10:01:34

Kemu wrote: I started out spinning a regular pencil with double capped erasers and pencil pillows from staples on each end. it has good momentum for a $0.50 mod and spins really well and since you will be dropping your pen often, better to drop this because you can easily replace the body of the actual pencil
    I'm going to try, but then after what mod should I do?

118. Giotto
    Date: Wed, Jun 12 2013 14:31:06

rsvp mx, comssa.

119. OsirisOmega
    Date: Fri, Jun 28 2013 13:08:37

I just started a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying spinning enough to look into getting a good pen, but browsing through the information feels pretty overwhelming. I'm currently using this pen: http://www.quill.com/bic-widebody-pens/cbs/048407.html I tried lighter pens (just simple everyday stuff I found around the house) and haven't been much of a fan of those. I also have smaller hands, so I don't want something too absurdly long. What kind of mod should I go for? Thanks!

120. 20%
    Date: Fri, Jun 28 2013 13:19:03

OsirisOmega wrote: I just started a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying spinning enough to look into getting a good pen, but browsing through the information feels pretty overwhelming. I'm currently using this pen: http://www.quill.com/bic-widebody-pens/cbs/048407.html I tried lighter pens (just simple everyday stuff I found around the house) and haven't been much of a fan of those. I also have smaller hands, so I don't want something too absurdly long. What kind of mod should I go for? Thanks!
    rsvp mx comssa :3

121. Wikero
    Date: Fri, Jun 28 2013 14:37:26

waterfall, cheat comssa

122. Frip
    Date: Sat, Jun 29 2013 21:35:34

looking for sturdy mod. Shouldn't have many loose parts/break easily. ...and are there good glow in the dark mods yet?

123. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sat, Jun 29 2013 22:11:45

Frip wrote: looking for sturdy mod. Shouldn't have many loose parts/break easily. ...and are there good glow in the dark mods yet?
    The sturdiest are the tried and tested DCs that I am sure you aready know about

124. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Jun 30 2013 23:04:06

Frip wrote: looking for sturdy mod. Shouldn't have many loose parts/break easily. ...and are there good glow in the dark mods yet?
    Sturdy pen mods tend to use less pen parts, like an MX, Comssa, etc. As for glow in the dark, penwish sells glow in the dark hoops, and there are LED mods like Firefly G3 LED mods, but ive never heard of a pen mod that requires glow in the dark materials.

125. 20%
    Date: Mon, Jul 1 2013 09:58:41

Frip wrote: l...and are there good glow in the dark mods yet?
    try puting glowstick in a clear body mod

126. Kemu
    Date: Mon, Jul 15 2013 18:33:53

Im looking for a mod that looks like a Fynestik sc, like in post 3538 in SOYP. Can someone recomend me one that looks similar

127. frozenpopsicles
    Date: Wed, Aug 7 2013 08:52:39

I want a bigger version of the BICtory.

128. Ecnunn
    Date: Wed, Aug 7 2013 15:16:48

@frozenpopsicles, depends what you mean by "bigger". you could use "bic round stic grips" instead of regular "bic round stics" to make a longer bictory. you can also make it longer by adding tips and grips. if you want a mod w/ a bigger diameter body, a metal comssa should be good.

129. Littlefishiez
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 17:25:56

Right now I currently use the BICtory pen mod. I was wondering what the next step up would be. I have thought about making the waterfall mod. PLease respond.

130. JackyMacky
    Date: Sat, Aug 17 2013 17:57:05

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=13055&page=13 Search before you post. Doesn't matter what mod you choose. I personally would make a comssa mod.

131. Hopper
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 13:06:50

I'm looking to get a new pen but not sure what pen to get... I don't even have an idea what to get. I've spun a dr kt (now it's all banged up) and some type of buster with weird tips that are pretty heavy (not sure exactly what it's called but it was $7 and I've been spinning it since fall of 2013). Like I said, I have no idea what to get. Waterfall seems good, dr kt or bonkura kt sounds good, flying panda... I need some input from the community. What are your favorite mods to spin? I'd be considered an intermediate spinner. So I'm looking for something to help me step up and learn more advanced tricks. What will be best for learning and becoming a better spinner? Thanks in advanced

132. Hopper
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 13:08:41

I posted this last night. Didn't mean to post again... Delete please

133. Walkaz
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 13:44:20

@Hopper Kt/Buster/Mx your choice

134. computer70
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 14:48:40

I prefer Minwoo Mod, Dr. KT and Buster Cyl :). I think with heavy Pens you can perform harder tricks easier... (sorry for my bad english :))

135. Mystic
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 16:43:33

You can never go wrong with another KT :)

136. Jolly
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 20:18:47

mx and metallic comssa all the way a nice g3 mod, waterfall or stuhlmod is nice too. in general I would try not to only spin one pen, but change them from time to time (especially cause of the weight, let's say you only spun buster for ages and then want to go on with mx, it'll be probably harder for you than also spinning mx from the beginning on regulary)

137. MPC
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 22:57:14

This is probably a totally left-field suggestion, but I find that learning new tricks is always easiest with a pencil. I use an unsharpened pencil with little pointy rubber tips and foam grips on each end (I have a pic but not sure how to upload it). It's light but is weighted at each end. When I'm practicing new tricks, constantly dropping it, it barely makes any noise and doesn't roll around everywhere. I just find it really quick and easy to learn new tricks with it, then grab something longer/heavier to really finesse them. I guess it's all about personal choice though. :) mpc

138. Vixuhs
    Date: Thu, Feb 6 2014 23:41:05

Try a waterfall ;) The Pirat Body has a really unique feeling >,<

139. Shiftyei
    Date: Fri, Feb 7 2014 02:35:19

Waterfall is excellent!! =D It's longish, as well as lighter than a lot of mods =)

140. Voracity
    Date: Fri, Feb 7 2014 12:24:31

Menowa* Mod works wonders for me xD

141. Hugo9191
    Date: Sat, Feb 8 2014 14:11:31

I'm starting with Pen Spinning, I have only one week of experience. I know like 3 tricks and I'd like to continue learning them. I'm currently spinning a 16cm long pen with about 14g. I'm going to get a Waterfall Mod. What mod should I get too? Thanks, Hugo

142. Hopper
    Date: Mon, Feb 10 2014 03:09:56

Hey can anyone give me a short list of mods that can write? I currently use a ZG Buster, which came to by door over a year ago and I've loved it ever since. Unfortunately, it destroyed my style. I'm looking to get two new pens-- one that can write and one that cant. I'm pretty torn between a KT or waterfall for the one that can't write. As for the one that can write, I'm clueless. I want a somewhat heavier pen that can write. Any ideas?

143. Zen
    Date: Thu, Feb 20 2014 23:22:08

@Hopper I can't exactly give you a list. It depends on what you want. I don't think Penwish has any writable mods for sale. So you would have to mod it yourself. It also depends on what you want to write with. Look at the Pen mod Index. They have a list of pen mods that divided into categories.

144. Sequiture
    Date: Fri, Feb 21 2014 01:02:36

Ok, I've been spinning for a a year on and off. I've got the fundamentals down, and I can do a few more advanced tricks, forgot their names though... I bought a waterfall mod that was heavy (lost it) and a very light mod everyone recommended. I hate the light mod, because it makes it harder.... I know its supposed to help with technique and stuff but ugh... Anyway, I want a heavier mod that looks nice. It has too look nice :P

145. SuperVValrus
    Date: Fri, Feb 21 2014 01:09:52

Sequiture wrote: Ok, I've been spinning for a a year on and off. I've got the fundamentals down, and I can do a few more advanced tricks, forgot their names though... I bought a waterfall mod that was heavy (lost it) and a very light mod everyone recommended. I hate the light mod, because it makes it harder.... I know its supposed to help with technique and stuff but ugh... Anyway, I want a heavier mod that looks nice. It has too look nice :P
    Dr KT looks nice imo and is pretty heavy.

146. Zen
    Date: Fri, Feb 21 2014 04:12:24

Yeah go with a kt if you can whip up the cash. Or if you are looking for something for thatcool factor, I would go with the zt. Also a Buster CYL also looks pretty good. Regards Zen

147. Hugo9191
    Date: Fri, Feb 21 2014 09:12:00

Thank you Zen. I've already ordered them and I have them. I got a Waterfall and a RSVP MX. The Waterfall is going to be kept until, like you said, I get to know some tricks.

148. Sequiture
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 02:36:20

Zen;277384]Yeah go with a kt if you can whip up the cash. Or if you are looking for something for thatcool factor, I would go with the zt. Also a Buster CYL also looks pretty good. Regards Zen[/QUOTE] I used to have a waterfall mod. What's heavier, a buster CYL or a waterfall mod? [QUOTE=SuperVValrus wrote: Dr KT looks nice imo and is pretty heavy.
    Dr KT isn't pretty enough for me. I'm too superficial. But is a Buster CYL or waterfall mod heavier?

149. SuperVValrus
    Date: Sat, Feb 22 2014 02:42:47

Sequiture wrote: I used to have a waterfall mod. What's heavier, a buster CYL or a waterfall mod? Dr KT isn't pretty enough for me. I'm too superficial. But is a Buster CYL or waterfall mod heavier?
    Buster is much heavier

150. N Factorial
    Date: Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:46:20

Im a beginner, I know the normal forms of the fundamentals with a few other tricks. I'm thinking of getting a Metal Comssa. Right now Im spinning a pencil with grips on both sides, and am looking for an upgrade. Is the metal Comssa the best option to get right now for me? (Hands are 17cm)

151. Dern Goid
    Date: Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:49:39

N Factorial wrote: Im a beginner, I know the normal forms of the fundamentals with a few other tricks. I'm thinking of getting a Metal Comssa. Right now Im spinning a pencil with grips on both sides, and am looking for an upgrade. Is the metal Comssa the best option to get right now for me? (Hands are 17cm)
    Metal comssa is pretty good. Try an RSVP MX they're pretty nice also.

152. Wiihe
    Date: Tue, Mar 18 2014 07:51:06

I'm a beginner too and I can manage Thumbaround, fingerpass and charge and sonic is still a work in progress. ATM i'm using a suckUK's"Drumstick pencil" with two pentel grips at the end. I'd like some mod that weights about 15 grams and is about 20 cm. I live in Finland so i can get a hold on to these pens: Faber-Castell Grip Matic Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip Pentel LineStyle Pentel Sharp P205 Pentel Superb G Pilot G1 Pilot G2 Pilot SuperGrip Pilot Vega Sakura Gelly Roll Uni-Ball Signo Zebra F-301 Zebra M-301 I wouldn't want to order anything from Penwish since i'm not certain if I want to get serious with this. Thanks in advance ^^

153. kchspinna16
    Date: Sun, Mar 23 2014 04:02:41

Hey guys, so i've been spinning for about 14 months now, got a few tricks down. All my mods are personal mods except for an RSVP MX, my personal mods are about just a little heavier than the MX. I tried my friend's buster, but i didn't like it, what pen should i get? one more question: wut barrel feels the nicest? (i dont want overly slippery ones, im a topspin person)

154. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Mar 23 2014 04:54:21

grip aviaire Frog~

155. jet
    Date: Sun, Mar 23 2014 06:33:03

Grip aviaire has an awkward grip in the middle though, so I would prefer a super pirat

156. Maelstrom
    Date: Tue, May 6 2014 05:26:07

Hi all, I am new to upsb and have only been spinning for several months. I currently use a BICtory (i know, it's for noobs) and I want to upgrade to either a waterfall mod or a waterfall comssa mod. What are the differences and which would u recommend?

157. jaredftw
    Date: Tue, May 6 2014 05:54:38

Maelstrom wrote: Hi all, I am new to upsb and have only been spinning for several months. I currently use a BICtory (i know, it's for noobs) and I want to upgrade to either a waterfall mod or a waterfall comssa mod. What are the differences and which would u recommend?
    Waterfall comssa is a bit cheaper and I prefer the comssa barrel feel than the pirat. It feels better imo.

158. Reason
    Date: Tue, May 6 2014 06:41:57

Maelstrom wrote: Hi all, I am new to upsb and have only been spinning for several months. I currently use a BICtory (i know, it's for noobs) and I want to upgrade to either a waterfall mod or a waterfall comssa mod. What are the differences and which would u recommend?
    the only difference between the two is the barrel used. original waterfall uses super pirat, but waterfall comssa uses comssa. the comssa makes it slightly longer, but many people claim that the super pirat body has a better feeling to it. i personally prefer the super pirat version as well. also, if you buy a waterfall mod, i suggest buying some extra reynolds 094 caps with it since they tend to break easily.

159. ScaarZ
    Date: Wed, May 7 2014 19:13:22

Hi everyone. First, sorry if this post is not in the good section, but I didnt found another one to post it. So, I'm beginner (<1 month spinning) and I already have a Neon Waterfall mod, but I want to make/trade another one DoS. I need your help to choose the good one, or to have more informations about some mods, to know what DoS are great? I have found the Black Bonkura and the HAL KT, but maybe do you know another great mods? ScaarZ

160. Maelstrom
    Date: Wed, May 7 2014 23:10:00

*delete me*

161. Zen
    Date: Wed, May 7 2014 23:12:27

@Maelstrom the Original Waterfall is pretty sturdy. The caps hang on to the superpirat body nicely. And if you don't want the body you can use a supertip body which the primary marker found in the US that is used for modding.

162. ScaarZ
    Date: Sat, May 10 2014 09:37:03

Up ? :)

163. jaredftw
    Date: Sat, May 10 2014 10:21:59

Maelstrom wrote: Im deciding between waterfall and waterfall comssa... Ive heard many times that you have to keep replacing the Teflon tape on the waterfall comssa...would i have to do that with the original waterfall as well?
    my waterfall comssa has some scotch tape at the front part rather than some teflon.It's been two months since I got it. I don't replace the tape and the caps on the front part of the comssa never fly off.

164. Xzeria
    Date: Sat, May 10 2014 11:03:53

Maelstrom wrote: Im deciding between waterfall and waterfall comssa... Ive heard many times that you have to keep replacing the Teflon tape on the waterfall comssa...would i have to do that with the original waterfall as well?
    The teflon tape kinda compacts after a few weeks, then it's usually good to add a litle bit more. But ofc you could change it up for some other tape. Personally, if you don't want to use teflon because you can't get it/don't want to, I recommend the use some basic electrical tape.

165. AfroSquared
    Date: Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:06:04

i have been spinning for nearly 6 months and i have been using home made mods and i recently got an RSVP MX. I have small hands so the RSVP MX was a bit heavier for me and longer. I started using it cos i heard it develops control and style but when i try spinning my home made DC mods, i can't spin as well as i used to. Do u think i should carry on spinning my MX??? (btw my home made mods are 11 grams or lighter)

166. [TGN]
    Date: Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:24:31

Spinning a lighter mod may help with control but in my opinion does not affect your style. Spin whatever seems comfortable to you and you'll gradually develop a style.

167. Reason
    Date: Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:56:03

AfroSquared wrote: i have been spinning for nearly 6 months and i have been using home made mods and i recently got an RSVP MX. I have small hands so the RSVP MX was a bit heavier for me and longer. I started using it cos i heard it develops control and style but when i try spinning my home made DC mods, i can't spin as well as i used to. Do u think i should carry on spinning my MX??? (btw my home made mods are 11 grams or lighter)
    rsvp mx is considered a shorter and lighter mod so its totally fine if it feel long or heavy to you. if you are enjoying/doing well spinning rsvp mx then there is no reason to stop. i suggest that you continue spinning it.

168. Sverd
    Date: Fri, Jul 18 2014 20:28:10

I learned most of the fundamentals using an extended BICtory mod with generic pencil grips on the caps, but this was not good enough for more advanced tricks. I have tried an RSVP MX, but it is too light, and I prefer double sided mods. What easy/cheap double sided mods (preferably) would I be able to make from pens found at stores such as Staples, Office Depot, or other common US stores? I know places such as penwish are good to buy parts from, but when I want to try something out, I do not want to order something expensive online and not like it (I got my RSVP MX from penwish, but never use it). I have easy access to brands such as pilot, zebra (some pens), uni-ball, bic, paper mate, crayola, ect. I do not have an easy way of getting things such as Dong-A/reynolds pens or other international parts.

169. Zen
    Date: Fri, Jul 18 2014 20:43:20

You won't find any good mods using pens from major stores. You are better off using the money you would use to buy pens and buy pen mods online. Start trading. I sentyou a pm.

170. Xzeria
    Date: Fri, Jul 18 2014 22:25:50

Buy: http://penwish.com/product_info.php?cPath=121_159&products_id=1113 Have fun spinning!

171. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 21:34:08

I'm trying to choose between: - Waterfall Mod - VGG mod - DR. KT ( shadow ) - Namae Mod - Grip Aviaire - Minwoo Mod The current mod that I am using is a Zhigao V15, length = 21.5 cm , weight = 16-17 grams. My opinions on the mods that I am considering are: - Waterfall Mod ] It's a really good mod, and it feels really good. I've used my friend's waterfall, and I noticed that there were these weird white strips at the end that kept on peeling off. I think they were there because the size of the cap / barrel didn't match, but it was really annoying when I was spinning. That's my only complaint. - VGG mod ] I really like the mod, design, length, and all that. Only thing is, I think it might be a bit to heavy / tiring. Other than that, the mod seems fantastic. - DR. KT ( shadow ) ] I really like this mod and how it looks, I just don't know that much about it. I'm fine with the weight / length / COP / type, etc. - Namae Mod ] I think it's a bit short / light, but I like the design. - Grip Aviaire ] I really like the grip in the middle. I just think this mod doesn't have that good of a design, it's too plain. - Minwoo Mod ] I like the reviews, design, the fact that it has a Korean name (#koreanpride xD), and everything. I'm just not sure 'bout the fact that it's single-sided. I tend to prefer double-sided mods. Although I am a beginner, I wouldn't really want a beginner-customized mod that gets useless once you get more advanced, because this mod that I'm buying now, will probably be my only mod during my whole entire pen spinning career, because my parents won't let me a buy another one. My style is sort of ... circular ? Meaning I make lots of circles with my pen, compared to more linear styles. <- that didn't really make sense ^^"

172. casual
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 22:06:40

If you're never buying another mod I think the waterfall or dr.kt are the safest options. I'm especially a fan of sailor gel gripped kt's because that's what I started with.

173. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 22:31:04

Alright, thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I choose my mod :)

174. cl3ud.kr
    Date: Fri, Aug 8 2014 23:12:42

Wait I'm so confused. Isn't the Zhigao V11 ( penwish calls it the zhigao buster ) around 16 grams? I thought it was 16. But a reviewer says that it's around 24-25. Which one is correct ? Because if the reviewer was correct, then the VGG (my 1st choice before I found that it was 20 grams) would actually be a perfect fit for me.

175. HunterX
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 01:55:27

Im trying to choose between buster cyl and waterfall, flying panda and waterfall or flying panda and buster cyl. Also, where can I get menowa mod? My fren wants one but they dont sell those on penwish.

176. HuTai
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 05:03:05

Is there an SC mod that's like SX mod and Buhryan SC mod but lighter? Like 14 grams at most

177. meltedshake
    Date: Sat, Aug 9 2014 05:53:27

I'm getting a RSVP LSH MX my question is does it have ink it in? like can i write with it or is it only for pen spinning.

178. GhettiBoy
    Date: Wed, Aug 13 2014 05:34:13

I'm a beginner, so I know all the fundamentals. I'm not too sure on what pen I should get. I don't mind if it is heavy or not. Any suggestions? I can't get the waterfall or flying panda though.

179. B1A4Tang
    Date: Mon, Aug 18 2014 13:56:55

stuhl mod seems okay. My favourite as of now.

180. ShadowParadox
    Date: Mon, Aug 18 2014 23:31:31

GhettiBoy wrote: I'm a beginner, so I know all the fundamentals. I'm not too sure on what pen I should get. I don't mind if it is heavy or not. Any suggestions? I can't get the waterfall or flying panda though.
    Rsvp mx or metal comssa

181. milkywave1
    Date: Fri, Aug 22 2014 13:30:18

daahboy wrote: Im trying to choose between buster cyl and waterfall, flying panda and waterfall or flying panda and buster cyl. Also, where can I get menowa mod? My fren wants one but they dont sell those on penwish.
    If you want a better looking mod, get a waterfall or if you want a better spinning mod get the flying panda. Stay away from the buster,its heavy as hell. I have a waterfall mod and it spins very nicely :)

182. HunterX
    Date: Sun, Aug 24 2014 22:21:20

milkywave1 wrote: If you want a better looking mod, get a waterfall or if you want a better spinning mod get the flying panda. Stay away from the buster,its heavy as hell. I have a waterfall mod and it spins very nicely :)
    Yup I got a waterfall from penwish and it looks nice and spins very well! Thx!

183. milkywave1
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 09:59:42

Dr kt or CK silver - that is the question.

184. imnotawalrus
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 15:28:26

Hey! i'm new here so sorry if this post doesnt belong here ;) anyways, i'm looking for pens (or pen mods) that will be good for a newbie like me Any recommendations? Thanks in advance! :D

185. ShadowParadox
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 16:21:53

imnotawalrus wrote: Hey! i'm new here so sorry if this post doesnt belong here ;) anyways, i'm looking for pens (or pen mods) that will be good for a newbie like me Any recommendations? Thanks in advance! :D
    Rsvp mx, unsharpened pencil, waterfall mod. Get what you want

186. AfroSquared
    Date: Tue, Aug 26 2014 17:10:06

imnotawalrus wrote: Hey! i'm new here so sorry if this post doesnt belong here ;) anyways, i'm looking for pens (or pen mods) that will be good for a newbie like me Any recommendations? Thanks in advance! :D
    It is recommended that you start off with a light pen. BICtory, RSVP MX, Metallic Comssa are beginner pens and are light. More newbies nowadays are starting off with heavy pens like a Buster cyl or a Dr.KT. Most people frown on beginners who do this, but it really is all about personal preference. If you want a heavy pen, then get one. Famous spinners like spinnerpeem started with heavy pens. Personally, I think you should get a light pen and after a couple of weeks work your way up to MX's and comssas, then whenever you feel your ready for a heavy pen, get a Waterfall Mod. It is not like heavy pens for beginner is bad, but i think a moderately light pen is always a good place to start (same with most other people)

187. PERSIST
    Date: Wed, Sep 17 2014 17:21:31

Balanced MX variations, all kinds of comssa mods, and waterfall mod

188. AtomiX
    Date: Wed, Sep 17 2014 19:22:46

Hello everyone! I just signed up here, so this is my first post ever ^^ I have been spinning my crappy mod thing for quite some time now, and I feel like it'd be a good idea to look into some mods. My mod thing is ~22cm long, weighs ~11-12g. I can't do some tricks with this because of the lack of the momentum. So, I want to ask you guys, what mod might be suitable for me? I've heard Waterfall is pretty good, as well as Flying Panda, Emboss, etc. What do you think about these? Thanks! :excited:

189. McDade
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:29:16

AtomiX wrote: Hello everyone! I just signed up here, so this is my first post ever ^^ I have been spinning my crappy mod thing for quite some time now, and I feel like it'd be a good idea to look into some mods. My mod thing is ~22cm long, weighs ~11-12g. I can't do some tricks with this because of the lack of the momentum. So, I want to ask you guys, what mod might be suitable for me? I've heard Waterfall is pretty good, as well as Flying Panda, Emboss, etc. What do you think about these? Thanks! :excited:
    Wish I could recommend something, but I have no idea unless you read what I'm about to write and decide you want a BICtory. Anyway, I briefly got into spinning a while ago and learned the 4 fundamentals + 3 reverses with a BICtory that I made back then (white barrel/black caps- before they made them clear). I got back into spinning a few weeks ago and have learned quite a few new tricks. Here's a list of everything I can do: Sonic Sonic Reverse Thumbaround Thumbaround Reverse Arounds Charge Charge Reverse Fingerpass Pass reverses Shadow Devil's Shadow Devil's Sonic Demon's Sonic Sonic Clip Flick Extended Thumbaround Bak Neo Sonic Sonic Rise Bakaround Twisted Sonic Twisted Sonic Bust I'm also working on Fake Doubles, Angel's Sonic, and a few other tricks. I like the BICtory, but I think it's kind of light. I like the speed that it has, and would be looking for something with a similar feel, but a little more "sturdy" if that makes sense. What should I get?

190. AtomiX
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 12:52:25

McDade wrote: Wish I could recommend something, but I have no idea unless you read what I'm about to write and decide you want a BICtory. Anyway, I briefly got into spinning a while ago and learned the 4 fundamentals + 3 reverses with a BICtory that I made back then (white barrel/black caps- before they made them clear). I got back into spinning a few weeks ago and have learned quite a few new tricks. Here's a list of everything I can do: Sonic Sonic Reverse Thumbaround Thumbaround Reverse Arounds Charge Charge Reverse Fingerpass Pass reverses Shadow Devil's Shadow Devil's Sonic Demon's Sonic Sonic Clip Flick Extended Thumbaround Bak Neo Sonic Sonic Rise Bakaround Twisted Sonic Twisted Sonic Bust I'm also working on Fake Doubles, Angel's Sonic, and a few other tricks. I like the BICtory, but I think it's kind of light. I like the speed that it has, and would be looking for something with a similar feel, but a little more "sturdy" if that makes sense. What should I get?
    I think I know a similar amount of tricks :P People say Metallic Comssa is a good beginner's pen, so you could look that up, it's just personal preference really :3 But if you want an intermediate pen, you should check out Waterfall or similar ones.

191. McDade
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 13:19:38

AtomiX wrote: I think I know a similar amount of tricks :P People say Metallic Comssa is a good beginner's pen, so you could look that up, it's just personal preference really :3 But if you want an intermediate pen, you should check out Waterfall or similar ones.
    I've actually thought about a Metallic Comssa, I think that's what I may look into. I'll check out Waterfalls and MX's too I think, thanks!

192. AfroSquared
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 13:36:39

McDade wrote: I've actually thought about a Metallic Comssa, I think that's what I may look into. I'll check out Waterfalls and MX's too I think, thanks!
    I think a Metallic Comssa and an MX is your best choice here. Waterfall is considered an intermediate pen so i think you should train with an mx or comssa for a couple of months, then move on to the waterfall. You have been using a BICtory and the jump in weight to a waterfall will hurt your fingers quite badly, because of this you need to make your way up...kinda like a ladder. I suggest an MX first because it develops control and style. Hope this helps :D

193. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 14:46:23

signo tipped metallic comssa with spirat barrel. mmmmmm Frog~

194. McDade
    Date: Sun, Sep 21 2014 16:01:46

AfroSquared wrote: I think a Metallic Comssa and an MX is your best choice here. Waterfall is considered an intermediate pen so i think you should train with an mx or comssa for a couple of months, then move on to the waterfall. You have been using a BICtory and the jump in weight to a waterfall will hurt your fingers quite badly, because of this you need to make your way up...kinda like a ladder. I suggest an MX first because it develops control and style. Hope this helps :D
    That definitely helps, thank you! I can't get any HGGs where I live, so I think I'll order an MX from Penwish, and a Metallic Comssa too. I wasn't too smooth with my BICtory at first, but I've gotten better so I imagine that once I jump up to a pen with a little more weight I'll be even better.

195. AfroSquared
    Date: Tue, Sep 23 2014 16:55:37

I just helped someone on this thread, now i have a question. I have taken a liking to the Joey DC mod and i want to get one. Does anyone know the length and weight of Joey DC?, because i do not spin long and heavy pens. If you don't know the exact weight, is there a mod its weight feels similar to?? Thanks :)