UPSB v4

General Discussion / LOST in pen spinning

1. Socies
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 18:27:29

hey guys, im back from pen spinning cuz my finals are over now so i have plenty of time... anyways now i feel somehow ' lost' in the ps-ing world.. i really want to learn some linkages cuz i've only learnt so far 1 linkage and i've spun for about a year now ( on and off) and im still into that linkage. ._. so its like im freakin bored with that linkage now and i'd really want to learn some new tricks to create a new linkage of mine. But now im not sure whether i should learn tricks 1 by 1 or should i just get someone's else linkage videos and slomo it and then try to learn it? cuz there are alot of tricks that i dont know, even if u give me the breakdowns, 80% of it i wouldn't know how to perform it. so yea im somehow 'lost' now.. hope u guys are able to help me. thanks.

2. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 18:31:48

just start from the basics again then to refresh your memory. learn them one by one, get a hang of the names and majority of basics then progress to learning from people's vids so you know what they and you are doing, not just random linkages which you have no idea of

3. Socies
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 19:48:22

@Alvaris hey thanks for the reply, Hmm so i guess i'll be learning tricks individually as i can also determine the name of the tricks so i wont get confuse. Is there any youtube user that do these kinds of tutorials? used to watch KTrinh93's tutorial.

4. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 22:11:31

learn tricks individually and then try to work them into the linkages you already know and by doing this new linkages are created. Focus on getting tricks mastered instead of learning alot of different tricks. A mastered trick is one that you will do when you aren't paying attention to your spinning.

5. vertaz
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 23:51:09

KTrinh93 has tutorials on most of the tricks that you should know in general, se he's a good place to go to learn

6. n00bSpinner
    Date: Sun, Oct 28 2012 04:16:08

I know Supervvalrus has some tutorials. There are a few linkages or tricks he has that ktrinh93 doesn't though I'd compare both their tutorials