UPSB v4

Off-topic / [HOT THREAD] Secret Santa UPSB - Pens and Mods and Toys (oh my!)

1. TurbulentTurtle
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 21:29:25

So this is in the preliminary discussions yet again, just want to see how many people would be down for doing another Secret Santa this year. I don't want to waste our time if only 5 or 6 people wanna do it, we don't need a huge thing to do it and we could just organize that within PMs and what not. If I remember correctly, last year we had about ~15 participants from many different countries and parts of the world take part and I don't recall anyone having a horrible experience and not receiving gifts. If you want to check out the previous two times this was done: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=3196 http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=8081 I'd like to have maybe 20+ people participate, and not just all from USA and Canada since that's not "special". And we trade pens internationally anyway =\ So for now, this thread is purely for discussion and an [B][SIZE="4"]unofficial [/SIZE][/B]opt-in for whether you want to participate or not. Keep in mind (if you didn't read the two threads or participate the previous few times) you must have a good feedback score or a good reputation in the community to participate. So if nobody knows who you are or if you haven't traded at all or have ripped members off, you can probably count yourself out of this. In the event that you have a friend (either on these boards or not) who wants to participate, you will be endorsing that person and will be held responsible for anything and everything. That means if you don't have a good reputation on UPSB, but your friend who does have a good rep vouches for you, Good Rep Man will be taking the fall if you screw up. I think I'll let this run for a week or so just to see what happens but we're gonna have to hurry it up if we want to get everything out by Christmas time (or a bit later). So, who's down to swap some gifts with mysterious strangers?

2. neXus
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 22:18:18

I can't really send pens but I'm down to send some stuff around the globe.

3. SJ
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 22:19:36

altho last time i didnt get anything im down to do it as long as my secret santa doesnt give me pens or anything edible lol

4. Lucid
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 22:33:43

sounds fun. im down if allowed at the moment /in

5. fang
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 22:48:19

I would join this year!~

6. Pixels
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 00:50:12

yay :) /in

7. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 01:14:22

i'd join, but most likely i wont send much that is pen related (cuz i dont have anything)

8. TurbulentTurtle
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 01:32:43

Honestly, I prefer it if you guys sent stuff that wasn't pen related, that's why I put this in the OT forum rather than GD. It's just a lot more fun if you receive something interesting that you can't just buy somewhere. Not that you guys can't send pens if your Tiny Tim wants some, but you're not limited to pens. I'd much rather see you guys swap things like books/movies/games/toys and whatever knick-knacks and stuff. Also, pictures and videos are always cool.

9. Raos
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 01:42:03

/in why not.

10. Tommy
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 01:57:22

/in i hope i earn a hal kt/ or a violet kt thats like my one dream*

11. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 02:50:46

id be in

12. entertdr
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 05:14:24

/in btw i still havent received last year's @Mike

13. Frip
    Date: Sat, Oct 27 2012 16:57:01

I'm in

14. TurbulentTurtle
    Date: Fri, Nov 2 2012 03:51:46

Okay so we have ~11 people if everyone who showed interest is joining in. I'm not sure if that's enough for a huge event but I feel we might have enough to continue, we just won't have too many international swaps going on. Let me know how you guys feel about that and we can go form there.

15. Tommy
    Date: Sun, Dec 23 2012 11:30:55

Is this gonna happen? Still haven't received my pm from the mods

16. Pixels
    Date: Sun, Dec 23 2012 14:17:57

Jagex wrote: Is this gonna happen? Still haven't received my pm from the mods
    Its 2 days before christmas. What do you think?