UPSB v4

General Discussion / New and need help with something.

1. Soark
    Date: Thu, Oct 25 2012 23:54:09

I've been wanting to get an all white mod and I've decided I wanted the mod 3A5 spins in this video: (He spins at 0:41) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfPlEuaUaTI I can't tell if it's an all white buster CYL, or Ivan mod, or maybe even something else. What do you think it is.

2. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 00:57:59

Soark wrote: I've been wanting to get an all white mod and I've decided I wanted the mod 3A5 spins in this video: (He spins at 0:41) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfPlEuaUaTI I can't tell if it's an all white buster CYL, or Ivan mod, or maybe even something else. What do you think it is.
    That's clearly a Buster CYL, Ivan mods don't use comssa caps, which I can easily see. Since your new, you should stay away from both, waiting a long time before using a heavy mod teaches patience. I recommend getting a RSVP MX or MSXA.

3. LightSpinner
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 01:34:18

DO NOT get a buster if you have been spinning for less than a year. that is a NONO. dont do it it will ruin ur style

4. x3silver
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 01:36:43

a buster CYL That is. a Ivan mod is the same as the buster without comssa caps. as for what @LightSpinner said. i feel. you can spin anypen you want depending on your choice. i dont feel spinning a super light pen is gonna help in anything.

5. [TGN]
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 02:48:52

Follow LightSpinner's advice. The one in his signature, that is.

6. Joiemoie
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 21:51:14

Get a white commsa

7. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 22:11:10

it appears that the misguided mentality that 'heavy mods early ruins style and makes it impossible to spin lighter stuff later' is strong in this thread =_________= i'm guessing supawit, Nz, spinnerpeem, mksft, tbg, nadhif, xml, far, hal and myself aren't sufficient counterexamples (as well as common sense and observations of reality) aren't enough for certain posters :P it's a buster @Soark get it if you want, just try to get your hand muscles developed a bit before you spin it more alternatively you can also get a white metallic comssa, it looks basically the same when spinning anyway

8. LightSpinner
    Date: Fri, Oct 26 2012 23:21:55

[QUOTE='[TGN];229900']Follow LightSpinner's advice. The one in his signature, that is.[/QUOTE] :facepalm: i screwed myself

9. Soark
    Date: Sun, Oct 28 2012 18:51:42

[QUOTE=i.suk;229952] it's a buster @i.suk ?

10. Soark
    Date: Sun, Oct 28 2012 21:43:42

I have a bic grip mod with super grips on the caps to practice with... I feel the barrel is too small and often drop the pen when trying to go fast the tricks I do know.

11. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 08:30:12

Soark wrote: How do you feel about the namae mod @i.suk ?
    it's a pretty good mod :thumb:

12. Obstracized
    Date: Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:08:58

Soark wrote: I have a bic grip mod with super grips on the caps to practice with... I feel the barrel is too small and often drop the pen when trying to go fast the tricks I do know.
    Double-Post. Barrel is too small = Harder to spin. Even if you know the trick well, the pen will still slip off your fingers as the barrel is too small.

13. Soark
    Date: Tue, Oct 30 2012 23:12:25

-.-, haven't been to a forum since like 5th grade. Forgot about double post rules. But thanks for the help.

14. agillitrhiz
    Date: Wed, Oct 31 2012 13:10:06

@Soark there are many mods that are white.you can get a white comssa,or even a waterfall,but NEVER get a buster.

15. SuperVValrus
    Date: Wed, Oct 31 2012 14:07:34

I agree with isuk. If you want a mod then get it

16. x3silver
    Date: Wed, Oct 31 2012 14:27:50

COME DONT BIAS AGAINST BUSTERS :@

agillitrhiz wrote: @Soark there are many mods that are white.you can get a white comssa,or even a waterfall,but NEVER get a buster.

17. Soark
    Date: Thu, Nov 1 2012 21:51:41

I have strong fingers from other activities (I do, drumming, women, etc. xP). So I think I'm ready for a buster. Thanks guys.

18. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Nov 2 2012 01:47:38

There is a stigma against heavy mods cuz they make tricks easier. If you're a drummer it would be perfect cuz you can start on harder tricks and apply them to drum sticks rather easily. Just make sure you get some practice in with lighter pens as well or else you'll only be able to spin sticks and not pens.