UPSB v4

Off-topic / PC help

1. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Oct 7 2012 18:34:54

K, i have these two problems with my pc which i can't seem to fix no matter what i try, although i haven't really searched too hard for solutions.. 1. Everytime after i switch on my pc, i always have to use the troubleshoot device thing to fix my internet card thing so that it can connect to the internet..every single time, for the past one year plus as far as i can remember ever since i reformatted the pc 2. The microsoft update doesn't seem to save itself, whenever after i run through the updates, i restart the pc, i have to redo the same updates all over again.. i've tried repeating it a few times, no changes - it still requires me to update the same exact thing again. now i just shut the pc down directly by holding the power button :/ wasn't like this until less than a few months ago not too sure if you guys can understand what i mean, kinda unable to type it out in better wording..but yeah, help prease?

2. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Oct 7 2012 18:41:40

What OS? If you're on XP just disable updates, you won't get anything out of them; they're just a nuisance.

3. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, Oct 7 2012 18:54:43

Windows 7 32bit, forgot to mention it..my bad

4. Walkaz
    Date: Sun, Oct 7 2012 23:50:49

buy a new pc

5. XYZaki
    Date: Mon, Oct 8 2012 23:14:31

1. Since you reformatted, did you install the drivers for your network card? If you have to troubleshoot the device every single time, there's most likely an issue with the driver. Go to the manufacturer's website and install the right drivers. 2. Change your update settings to ask you which updates to install. If there's a service pack you haven't installed, install only the service pack and after restarting, see if you still run into the same problem with the same updates installing.

6. Alvaris
    Date: Wed, Oct 10 2012 19:22:03

Tried installing the driver from the site, didn't work - still had to troubleshoot every time. The updates are all non service pack updates..5 updates. Three(or 2) are net framework ones, and the other two i can't remember.