UPSB v4

The Vault / WT13 Call for manager

1. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 03:36:55

Hi all, I need a manager for WT13 to take care of organizing the selection of spinners and judges for UPSB. Duties include: Organize the process to decide how many slots upsb needs, and how to select the spinners Organize the process to decide who the judges are Collect and send video links for UPSB members in every round Contact the spinners with occasional messages from the organizers (optional) Collect the judging results every round

2. Tommy
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 05:35:14

Couldnt you just get some of the mods to do it?

3. iColor
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 06:16:43

No mods are free to do it, that's why it got posted to The Vault.

4. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 09:21:36

can someone be manager and participate at once? if yes, i volunteer (sun)

5. Dakrowl
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:30:37

i.suk wrote: can someone be manager and participate at once? if yes, i volunteer (sun)
    Yes i think

6. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 13:21:14

Zombo wrote: Organize the process to decide how many slots upsb needs, and how to select the spinners
    Why cant we just use as many slots as possible?

7. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 19:12:05

eazi-penspinner wrote: Why cant we just use as many slots as possible?
    communities should honestly state how many slots they need, or they wont receive as many as they want anyway. perfect example was PPSC requesting 8 slots two years ago. they only got 4 [quote=i.suk]can someone be manager and participate at once? if yes, i volunteer (sun)[/quote] ok nice, then please set up the organization process to decide the spinners/judges

8. Kari
    Date: Tue, Oct 2 2012 22:33:11

Sounds like we got one. :D

9. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Oct 8 2012 13:42:46

i'll have the selection process organised within a week from now

10. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Tue, Oct 9 2012 13:42:14

The spinners selection isn't gonna be done right away, is it? We have time

11. Iota
    Date: Tue, Oct 9 2012 18:47:03

Why would it be put off until the last minute though? It's probably unlikely that any major changes in the lineup would happen over that period of time, unless there are some close decisions for spots (mostly just applicable to the last couple of remaining spots after spinners have been added based on perceived ability/potential). I think it's probably not going to be an issue though either way, as it will still be a while before selection stuff is done (and like 6 days before even just the process of selection is finalized). Imo get the lineup solidified as soon as practically possible (and as soon as a confident decision about spots, especially the last few, is made), because from that point on, specific training and team organization stuff can go on more directly.

12. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Oct 10 2012 17:25:57

I think organizing the teams earlier is better too. It gives the spinners who know that they will participate more time to think up new linkages and maybe also strategies for winning.

13. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Oct 11 2012 08:38:33

alternatively we can get a larger group of people to prepare and train for wt by setting the deadline for qualification vids/selection later, rather than restricting it to the selected few

14. Iota
    Date: Thu, Oct 11 2012 18:26:51

oh, that's true, didn't think about that xD imo go ahead with that then, since it doesn't really have a negative impact either way, and that would get more people a chance to train and do qualification vid stuff

15. Kari
    Date: Thu, Oct 11 2012 19:26:04

That'll give me time to get something going... Hopefully. So when would we need a qualification video by?

16. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 00:26:23

Kari wrote: That'll give me time to get something going... Hopefully. So when would we need a qualification video by?
    late november probably, there's still a while

17. Kari
    Date: Fri, Oct 12 2012 02:31:25

i.suk wrote: late november probably, there's still a while
    Well for me I'm sure that's not enough time. Haha I'd like to try though. ^_^

18. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:46:09

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=12963 spinner registration thread made