UPSB v4

General Discussion / Order of what power tricks to learn for beginners

1. ToeKnee
    Date: Sun, Sep 30 2012 13:02:59

Just a thread to show beginners what pwoer tricks they should learn to start and then proceed into other more complex power tricks.

2. astronaut
    Date: Sun, Sep 30 2012 13:29:44

Beginners shouldn't learn power tricks. The only advanced trick I learned as a beginner was swivel, which is intermediate.

3. Reason
    Date: Sun, Sep 30 2012 16:48:28

start with simple finishers like double bust and double thumbaround. also try TA release. eventually work your way to higher number of busts and FLTAs. after that i suggest learning spreads, haitua, and palmspin>flta... again this is just my opinion. also [B]search before posting[/B] would be a good idea. http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=27&highlight=order+learning this thread may not be about power tricks but you can ask in it or just ask in SB

4. XxJamaicanbacon
    Date: Thu, Oct 4 2012 16:25:48

Im a beginner still, of course but I have all the basic tricks down such as TA, TA Rev, Charge, FLTA, Sonic, Fingerpass, Twisted Sonic, Extended TA, Cardoid, and a twsited sonic bust which im so happy about!! :) But as a beginner shouldn't you worry about trying to link simple tricks in order to advance to intermediate where at that point you can learn power tricks. I realize I'm probably wrong and all. If someone would tell me what i should do that would be great!

5. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Oct 4 2012 22:36:24

a begginer should be focusing on getting combos that he can post and enter into battles and collabs. Power tricks are something you can then fit into those basic patterns to make them more exciting but without the basic combo/free style skill you'll never get to apply what you learn. Getting your tricks to flow smoothly into one another and have good consistency (so you aren't always dropping when spinning in class) are the most important and hardest parts of pen spinning, not individual tricks

6. XxJamaicanbacon
    Date: Fri, Oct 5 2012 02:50:48

Awesome wrote: a begginer should be focusing on getting combos that he can post and enter into battles and collabs. Power tricks are something you can then fit into those basic patterns to make them more exciting but without the basic combo/free style skill you'll never get to apply what you learn. Getting your tricks to flow smoothly into one another and have good consistency (so you aren't always dropping when spinning in class) are the most important and hardest parts of pen spinning, not individual tricks
    And yes thats what i figured u should need to do first