UPSB v4

Fundamental Tricks / [Help] Inverse Sonic

1. Eazy
    Date: Sat, Sep 8 2012 08:04:33

Okay guys, i need help with inverse sonic 34-23. I can do inverse sonic 23-12 perfectly as well as the rev. What i want to know that is it possible at all if you don't have super-flexible fingers? Because trust me, i know the secret to mastering tricks is practice, but i have been trying to do this trick for weeks, and i haven't even gotten a smooth inverse sonic 34-23. And yes, i can't do this trick only if i start from 34. And yes, i can do almost all other sonic variations from 34. And if it's the matter of flexibility, then the finger flexibility of the ring finger have to exceed the flexibility needed for ring bak, because i can do that easily. So, any tips? Can it be done by the average PSer?

2. ChainBreak
    Date: Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:12:12

Yes. It takes a shitton of practice though. I think it took me about 2 months =_=. My ring-flexibility is really bad, because the tendon on my right hand ringfinger is shorter than for most people so I can't raise it above a certain point yet. I'm working on it by stretching my fingers and practicing finger-independence. I tried Ktrinh's finger stuff before, but I think his way of doing it is way too forced. It includes a lot of pain and the results aren't any better than using other methods. My prefered method: [video=youtube;rA55aMCmxNU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA55aMCmxNU&feature=player_embedded[/video] Also if you can do those comfortably and fast you can try these: [video=youtube;2kW-VxMLBDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kW-VxMLBDQ&feature=relmfu[/video]

3. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Sep 9 2012 03:40:49

i have poor flexibility as well, but it kinda came naturally to me. what part of it are you messing up on?

4. Eazy
    Date: Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:03:00

@Kyoflow You know the part where after the first rotation, you move your finger to intercept the pen as it comes out of the fingerslot? As in, if i start from 23, after one rotation, my index bends slightly down so that my pen spins while *sandwiched between index and ring finger. Well, when my pinky and middle finger comes into contact with the pen at the same time, the pen hits my ring finger and stops. Actually, while typing this, i found out my problem (or, hopefully that's my problem). When i do inverse soic, my pinky have to bend slightly to create room for my pen to spin to my middle finger, but when i bend my pinky, my ring finger bends slightly at the first joint, making the tip of my ring hit my pen. Either that, or i just can't get enough rotation T.T Though i found out i can do inv sonic 34~12 though =P

5. Kyoflow
    Date: Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:54:59

@Eazy ok well the problem is simple, you dont have independent control of your pinky, so your ring finger moves with it. to prevent it from hitting your ring finger, try to keep the pen spinning on the same plane as your hand. so keep the spin as flat as possible. and instead of bending at the knuckles closer to the tip of your pinky, try bending your pinky from the very base.

6. Eazy
    Date: Sun, Sep 9 2012 11:04:06

Thanks for the tip @Kyoflow =D i'll try practicing during exams tomorrow =P

7. agillitrhiz
    Date: Mon, Sep 10 2012 09:57:48

it just take practice... i cant really get it done right too

8. IlbiStarz
    Date: Tue, Sep 11 2012 04:40:09

Try holding the pen with 2-4 and putting the ring finger behind it (like if you were to freeze in the middle of the sonic) and just push/hold your ringer as far back as you can. Hurts, but works.

9. Eazy
    Date: Thu, Sep 13 2012 13:13:33

Well, good news =D after a few days of practicing during exams, i can do inv sonic when i hold it like a wiper, as in quadruple infinity. No luck holding the middle ofthe barrel though =(