UPSB v4

Off-topic / Guild Wars 2

1. Gash
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 05:43:10

Anyone going to get this game, or played the Beta? Or played Guild Wars 1? Comes out in just more than 1 week or so, hopefully it lives up to its name. http://www.gamespot.com/guild-wars-2/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_2 https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

2. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 07:32:55

alrdy preordered 28.8.12

3. agillitrhiz
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 07:54:21

its fun?i'd rather stick to playing mw3,bf3,GTAs,forzas...oh...and deres a new forza horizon...im getting dat...so i ran out of cash to buy guild wars 2

4. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 08:13:00

Gash wrote: Or played Guild Wars 1?
    I started playing Guild Wars in 2005, I quit in December 2007 after about 1500 hours of play. IIRC, all 8 of my character slots are filled with level 20s with 15k armor pieces. Though I did have a perma pre searing character who probably has 5 minipets by now. I remember doing a lot of farming, AB battles (I quit before they nerfed touchers 8), and of course PvE. One principal I had was I never made a W/Mo. Because there were too damn many of them. I think I have about 700k in Xunlai storage. I haven't logged in in years. I had a Guild Leader with 8 characters, all with FoW armor. He had FoW armor on one of his chars at level 7. To this day he claims he never utilized the ecto duping exploit, but his account got banned anyways. Though I won't bother with GW2. It was actually really easy for me to quit because ANet nerfs every fucking build in existence and also I was getting more involved with pen spinning towards the time I quit.

5. danielmarriott
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 09:19:07

WooHoo!!!!!

6. Gash
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 09:28:03

@XYZaki I remember wasting a huge chunk of time with Guild Wars back in 2005-2007 or 2008. I only had 1 character with the endgame 15k armor lmao. And I tried to solo farm Sorrow's Furnace for items, but I was too noob. I never got the chance to play any of the expansions from the original Guild Wars. It seems like you and your guild were a full of elites XD My main character was a W/Me which later became a W/R and finally ended up as a W/Mo, since W/Mo was the most logical Warrior build >___> Well anyways, I'm looking forward to the larger variety of races and also the new questing system.

7. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:37:16

Gash wrote: @XYZakiAnd I tried to solo farm Sorrow's Furnace for items, but I was too noob. I never got the chance to play any of the expansions from the original Guild Wars. It seems like you and your guild were a full of elites XD My main character was a W/Me which later became a W/R and finally ended up as a W/Mo, since W/Mo was the most logical Warrior build >___>
    Ah. Once Factions was released, there was next to no point in farming anything in Tyria. All the drops suck. The quests gave nowhere near as much XP, etc. It took like a day to get to level 20 in Factions. Though I used to solo Tombs with my Assassin. I would fill up all my inventory before I could get to the 3rd floor. Good way to get ectos without investing 1k. But once I started doing 55/SS duo farming, the ectos came in a lot faster. It's a lot of fun too if you're with someone who knows what they're doing. Yeah I never made a Warrior at all. It's everyones first choice. My first character was an E/Mo. I felt pretty left out because all the good farming builds for elementalists didn't starting showing up until 2006.

8. Paijan
    Date: Tue, Aug 21 2012 23:42:43

XYZaki wrote: I started playing Guild Wars in 2005, I quit in December 2007 after about 1500 hours of play. IIRC, all 8 of my character slots are filled with level 20s with 15k armor pieces. Though I did have a perma pre searing character who probably has 5 minipets by now. I remember doing a lot of farming, AB battles (I quit before they nerfed touchers 8), and of course PvE. One principal I had was I never made a W/Mo. Because there were too damn many of them. I think I have about 700k in Xunlai storage. I haven't logged in in years. I had a Guild Leader with 8 characters, all with FoW armor. He had FoW armor on one of his chars at level 7. To this day he claims he never utilized the ecto duping exploit, but his account got banned anyways. Though I won't bother with GW2. It was actually really easy for me to quit because ANet nerfs every fucking build in existence and also I was getting more involved with pen spinning towards the time I quit.
    Dude... You must've played a lot.. I've bought 2 or 3 15k armors :D I remember GW so good... So many hours in front of computer ^^. Why are you so angry about nerfs? Some of them are needed, e.g. shadow form skill for assassin.. Every farm build had it cause it's been giving you immortality for very long time. I can't wait for GW2, I want this damn Monday, I'll get up on 7, run to a shop, buy fucking game and leave the real world all my friends, and maybe even peeing! :O Reeealy great game, I played beta weekend 3 and I'm amazed.

9. sangara
    Date: Wed, Aug 22 2012 00:10:24

Yep pre ordered it started playing GW back in 05 I was never really that hardcore I only have 2 characters with 15k armor. My paragon is sexy though, my friends and I went and beat EotN to get ready for GW2, we're all hype. We've got our classes planned out and everything. ASURAN ENGI FTW>!

10. davidguy
    Date: Thu, Aug 23 2012 03:51:14

my friend talked me into preordering it but i'm not sure if i'll play it that much since i got school coming up and my computer runs it pretty badly from what i've played during the beta weekends

11. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Aug 23 2012 05:45:06

Guild Wars wasn't fun until I started playing 4-8 hours a day when I was 11 years old. I made a lot of friends that quit later on or didn't play very often, I never understood that. Then I see this thread and I realize where people like that come from whose main hobby isn't Guild Wars. IMO you can't enjoy it if you're not addicted to it. Or at least it's not worth the money.

12. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Aug 23 2012 09:52:04

u didnt have to spend a lot of time to enjoy guild wars 1, there was no grinding involved since the best items only change the graphics iirc everything was mission based, you could just do a mission than stop playing, resume later but the biggest fun was pvp, u need to play a lot to practice

13. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Aug 23 2012 10:09:13

Zombo wrote: u didnt have to spend a lot of time to enjoy guild wars 1, there was no grinding involved since the best items only change the graphics iirc everything was mission based, you could just do a mission than stop playing, resume later but the biggest fun was pvp, u need to play a lot to practice
    The fun in PvE wasn't doing missions, rather farming, looking for a certain item, getting a character to a certain point so it could buy an armor piece, or capturing a skill so you could try a new build, at least for me it was like that. If you don't play on a daily basis then the motivation to get to that point or item is easily lost. The PvP always seemed pretty fucked up. AB was fine, always fun - especially getting loads of Balthazar faction to unlock skills. RA was hit or miss. TA doesn't work with pick up groups, I once did it with some Guild members and we raped more consecutive battles than I could imagine were possible. I won ONE HA battle with a Pick up group, but even in 2006, HA was dead. A lot of Guilds advertised that they did HA but rarely any of them actually had people who did it. Never did GvG; same story as HA - lots of Guilds said they did it but never did. Both GvG and HA take a LOT of time and there are few people willing to do that.

14. Paijan
    Date: Thu, Aug 23 2012 20:14:10

GvG paradoxically was one of the worst pvp battles. Very boring nothing special. I used to spent long hours on AB cause it was great. Now, nobody plays AB, everyone's at JQ. I know it cause I returned only to do some HoM stuff(I had 7 points and in few days i earned 18 more :D). I didn't really like those non-faction battles like zaishen, TA, RA, HA, CA(ugh!), battles from factions where better due to gaining faction points without loosing balthazar points.

15. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Aug 31 2012 01:57:43

just came back home, gonna try gw2 now. how is it so far from ppl who played it?

16. sangara
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 04:58:18

It's nothing like GW1 that's for sure, until you get to the dungeons. Oh that's two days late.

17. Zombo
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:21:17

yea so far it feels a lot like an open world rpg game, like Skyrim or Fallout, but with less elaborated quests vistas are taken from AC

18. sangara
    Date: Tue, Sep 4 2012 16:16:44

So basically at level 53, cmon level 80. I have two friends at 80, also dungeons are REALLY hard.