UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Sister_r ballsign

1. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 04:51:35

does anybody have a translated tutorial for the sister_r ballsign mod? heres the japanese tutorial: http://jeb.s3.zmx.jp/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13497

2. Tommy
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 06:30:31

perhaps ask froggy

3. HenryS
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 07:40:33

Why not google translate

4. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 08:04:25

HenryS wrote: Why not google translate
    since when does google translate ever work properly... @Froggy do you have the tutorial for sister_r ballsign?

5. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 08:20:01

well you linked to it already lol. i just follow that tutorial :\ right now im too busy to translate it :( uni stuffs is really taking over my life sorry Frog~

6. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 08:51:13

@Froggy wait whats the "new hgg" on the materials list...if i know that i might be able to figure out the rest on my own

7. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 09:39:53

Might be HGR? I'm not sure too

8. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 12:59:12

new HGG = HGR. Frog~

9. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 15:25:06

From what I could understand it's something like: 1)Lakubo grip on Comssa caps 2)Anyball grips over the lakubo grips 3)HGR tip inside a HGG grip part 4)HGG grip with HGR tip inside the caps 5)Put caps on the body Finish Those comssa caps look different from the common caps though. Dunno if it will work with the common caps, maybe there's not enough space for the grip+tip.

10. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 15:40:55

Might be other types of comssa caps??

11. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 16:28:32

Isnt it just the old black comssa cap... And thanks guys, I'm gonna buy a huge amount of extra parts and experiment with this

12. sopi
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 16:43:39

these are pendolsa comssa caps and by the way tutorial ChainBreak wrote is wrong. the mod also uses needle point tips!

13. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 16:52:38

lol no. I read again and I figured it used Anyball and Needle point grips over the Lakubo. I didn't find any part of the mod containing needle point tips.

14. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 21:37:37

yea i dont think it uses needle point tips. does pds sell the caps alone?

15. Colbyy
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 22:30:04

I don't think so, just the black cartoon comssa caps. Just use penwish's comssa caps.

16. casual
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 23:41:17

Penwish's black comssa caps probably work too, but the ones in the tut are the pendolsa kind, which are shaped a bit differently. Not that it matters much though.

17. Colbyy
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 00:24:48

I have both and the pds ones are a little shorter.

18. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 00:53:42

You guys r doing it all wrong lol... The hgr tip sits on top of the pds cap, like metallic comssas. Its well hidden because of the length of the lakubo grip. No other tips r needed, so no metallic gel/needle point tip. Also, standard comssa cap may work, but it needs adjustments Since the tip will slip into the cap, whereas pds caps got this nub that the tip screws on. Hope this clears many many questions u guys got. Frog~ P.S. I'm not typing out the tut becuz I dun hv quality pics. I dun wanna type out a half finished tut. Plus the tut is out there, you guys just have to make sense of it.

19. qinkuangan
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 01:01:44

no one mentioned metallic gel

20. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 01:07:25

*cough* its mentioned in the tutorial... Grip is cut and placed on the lakubo grip Tip is not used Frog~

qinkuangan wrote: no one mentioned metallic gel

21. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 01:07:32

Froggy wrote: You guys r doing it all wrong lol... The hgr tip sits on top of the pds cap, like metallic comssas. Its well hidden because of the length of the lakubo grip. No other tips r needed, so no metallic gel/needle point tip. Also, standard comssa cap may work, but it needs adjustments Since the tip will slip into the cap, whereas pds caps got this nub that the tip screws on. Hope this clears many many questions u guys got. Frog~ P.S. I'm not typing out the tut becuz I dun hv quality pics. I dun wanna type out a half finished tut. Plus the tut is out there, you guys just have to make sense of it.
    From what I can see the tip stack in the cap is the only part that needs to be clarified. Otherwise it's just put the lakubo grip on the cap, put the colored and black grips on the lakubo grip, and then attach the caps to the ballsign body. Hmm is the black flat grip G2 or something? I know you've got sailor and supergrip there. I'm just not sure what the other black grip sections are.

22. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 01:10:50

G2 is not used. meh I feel like making a video review of it lol Let's hope the idea doesn't fade away in the next 7 hrs, cuz that's when I can film. Frog~

Nachoaddict wrote: From what I can see the tip stack in the cap is the only part that needs to be clarified. Otherwise it's just put the lakubo grip on the cap, put the colored and black grips on the lakubo grip, and then attach the caps to the ballsign body. Hmm is the black flat grip G2 or something? I know you've got sailor and supergrip there. I'm just not sure what the other black grip sections are.

23. qinkuangan
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 01:48:54

Froggy wrote: G2 is not used. meh I feel like making a video review of it lol Let's hope the idea doesn't fade away in the next 7 hrs, cuz that's when I can film. Frog~
    you really sure this mod use metallic gel ? Because i can only see it use needle point

24. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 01:50:33

metallic gel and needle point have SAME grip. same feel, same size. the only difference its the color itself, and the tip (but its not used in this case) and im pretty sure because i can read japo :\ Frog~

25. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 10:07:54

Actually, the tutorial says the black grip sections are Anyball and so are the coloured sections. But it doesnt state the sailors??!

26. ChainBreak
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 20:40:09

Sailors? Do you mean the Needlepoint grips? o_O From what I understood it's Needlepoint, Anyball(colored), Needlepoint, Anyball(colored), Anyball(black) over the Lakubo grip. @Apocalyptic Shadows

27. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 23:56:19

@Apocalyptic Shadows the original mod didnt have sailors at the end, just 2 strips of profile. froggy decided to put the sailors there

28. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Aug 18 2012 06:54:19

Yeah... If u guys wanna use my pics as reference, use the skyblue one instead (I modded 2) The orange yellow one is only 99% correct, cuz I subbed the black anyball grips to sailors. Frog~

29. Manman!
    Date: Mon, Aug 27 2012 10:32:56

Yeah, could someone pls translate the tutorial? :D

30. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Aug 27 2012 16:38:29

Manman! wrote: Yeah, could someone pls translate the tutorial? :D
    According to what Froggy said and the pictures of the mod, I believe it goes like this (correct me if I'm wrong). Take your two black PDS Comssa caps and put them onto the ballsign body (you may need to thicken with tape or sand the body in order for the caps to fit). Cut HGG grip sections to the length of the HGR tip and then put the tip inside the HGG grip section. Then screw on the HGR tips onto the PDS Comssa caps (one on each side). Then slide on the black lakubo grips onto the caps. Then cut 4 small sections of needlepoint grip (maybe 1 - 2cm long each?) and 2 2-ring sections of black anyball, 2 2-ring sections of sky blue anyball, and 2 1-ring sections of anyball. Slide the needlepoint and anyball grip sections onto the lakubo grip (needlepoint -> 1 ring sky blue anyball -> needlepoint -> 2 ring sky blue anyball -> 2 ring black anyball). Use Froggy's picture for reference. Honestly it's not too difficult to figure out/mod as long as you know the tip stack under the grip (which is just the HGR tip). If you have problems, just post back in this thread.

31. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Aug 27 2012 19:09:15

1) u dont need to sand the ballsign barrel for the PDS comssa caps to fit in. they just fit nicely. not sure for pw com caps thou. 2) according to the tutorial, u first place the lakubo grip on the cap first.. THEN flip it OUTWARD.. until the comssa cap knob is out (not just see-able, but actually out). cut HGG grip (forgot size) and put HGR tip inside HGG grip. place that package on top of comssa cap knob and unfold the lakubo grip I actually ended up too lazy busy to do a vid structure overview HAHA.. sorry :P Frog~

32. PenwisH
    Date: Mon, Sep 24 2012 16:26:06

no you don't need to sand donga caps either both should fit fairly snugly with a little push. not too hard though