UPSB v4

Off-topic / Official UPSB Minecraft Server

1. x3silver
    Date: Wed, Aug 15 2012 15:18:20

Hi guys I was wondering if there was an OFFICIAL Minecraft server for UPSB besides the teamspeak. if you don't I'm willing to host one with me fully paying . specs: 24/7 128 slots (increasable) 5.5Gb ram bukkit 1TB of memory.space No Lag Fixed ip with personalised page. ip comes with prefix example : upsb-mc.com Don't worry about price coz.I'll be paying for it. I also know how to configure all the plugins nodes for permissions and stuff as I'm also a server owner :)

2. Soren
    Date: Wed, Aug 15 2012 16:22:34

That's very nice of you, but I think that iColor is hosting a Minecraft server, I'm not sure if it is still up though, I went on it around 1-2 weeks ago.

3. iColor
    Date: Wed, Aug 15 2012 18:09:40

It'd help, I no longer host a public minecraft server, I just turn mine on whenever I'm playing with my friends.

4. Epic Holiday
    Date: Wed, Aug 15 2012 19:42:25

Good guy OP. If only I had minecraft for PC. Lol

5. Soren
    Date: Wed, Aug 15 2012 20:31:18

Seeing that iColor no longer hosts a minecraft server then I won't mind you setting up a server. I'll happily play in it if you make one. :D

6. spenpinner
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 02:06:15

Once i get mc for pc then that will be the frst server i log on to if you make it! :D

7. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 03:05:58

oh wow if you're willing to host one then please do :D ive been looking for a good server for awhile now

8. x3silver
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 04:19:08

Alright I just have to set up ranks like Moderator. I'd rather have ppl from upsb be mods on the server. also plugins if u think there's awesome plugins please suggests . Also. FACTION OR TOWNY server

9. iColor
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 04:28:06

I'd like to have it as a factions server, seems fun.

10. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 05:55:40

i prefer towny, but factions would be fun to try out. also, i could be a moderator, but im not sure how often i would be on the server. and are outsiders allowed on our server? (can i invite 1 or 2 friends?)

11. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 07:06:42

I have lots of experience with server administration and would be glad to help. Send me a PM.

12. Soren
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 21:40:11

I'm not too familiar with the server side of Minecraft. So can you explain to me what is a faction and towny?

13. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 04:48:55

@Supergirl faction and towny are both plugins that basically change gameplay in factions, you can create guilds and claim lands for form alliances with other guilds. then you can declare war on other factions and fight. each person is given a plot and it is protected from griefing in towny, you can create towns in the server where members of each town must buy a protected plot to build on. each member can also have up to two jobs that allow you to earn money to buy stuff with. there are also quests to complete. in between each town is the wilderness where there is no protection. towns form nations, and nations may declare war on each other over land.

14. Soren
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 14:07:58

Kyoflow wrote: @Supergirl faction and towny are both plugins that basically change gameplay in factions, you can create guilds and claim lands for form alliances with other guilds. then you can declare war on other factions and fight. each person is given a plot and it is protected from griefing in towny, you can create towns in the server where members of each town must buy a protected plot to build on. each member can also have up to two jobs that allow you to earn money to buy stuff with. there are also quests to complete. in between each town is the wilderness where there is no protection. towns form nations, and nations may declare war on each other over land.
    Thanks for the information. I don't mind which one we do. ;)

15. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Mon, Aug 20 2012 14:18:18

I wouldn't mind being a Moderator, I like keeping things in order

16. Tentcell
    Date: Mon, Sep 10 2012 02:18:25

Is this still happening? I'd love to help administrate if you need the help, I have quite a bit of experience with other servers. PM me if you need me.

17. zohninja
    Date: Mon, Nov 26 2012 07:31:48

sorry for reviving an old thread but is the server still up?

18. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 02:47:01

no its not sorry

19. zohninja
    Date: Tue, Nov 27 2012 03:01:32

Oh ok lol