UPSB v4

Manipulative Arts / Roller Skating

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Aug 14 2012 16:15:01

I'm pretty interested after seeing 2 vids (not professional skating, just casual.) I looked at rollergirl.ca for skates. I know they're expensive but I'm used to spending $100+ on yoyos so :P I don't have the cash now. Any thoughts? Vids? etc.? I thought bboying+skating=awesome (not inline rollerblades)

2. spenpinner
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 02:01:12

Whats the hardest part of roller blading?

Spoilertelling your parents that you're gay.

3. Kyoflow
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 03:14:12

@spenspinner first, this is roller skating, not roller blading second, you need to learn to appreciate more manipulative arts if you think its gay. aggressive skating is nowhere near gay. and figure skating is a great art. recreational skating is just a hell of alotta fun third, roller blading isnt gay either. try speed skating, downhill skating, aggressive skating. it could literally take your life. please do not make posts that will offend other manipulative arts. its like the debate of when people at school make fun of pen spinners when they dont know anything about it. you obviously do not know anything about roller skating or roller blading @ShadrCom3t i do not have much experience rollerskating as ive only been to a recreational rink with my girlfriend once. i used to roller blade aggressively though so unless you have an interest in inlines, i cant really help you on that...

4. Alex
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 04:38:54

I learned to use roller skater when i was 5 :D

5. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 14:36:20

@Kyoflow I thought inlines were cool, but I think they have too much friction/"sticking." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qzBVge0A0Q She makes it look so easy though.

spenpinner wrote: Whats the hardest part of roller blading? telling your parents that you're gay.
    LOL YOU'RE SO ORIGINAL :sleep:

6. spenpinner
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 21:41:46

First of all i actually used to inline skate and bomb hills, do stalls and what-not with them because my old friend who lives next door got me to start it. I know a little bit more than you think i do, but i stopped doing it because i wanted something that involved more skill and variety that also delivered the same rush as inlining. so i picked up skateboarding. Now THAT took my life away. And no need to get bent up about a silly joke i posted, that was just me being a troll. The fact is that i support many manipulative arts such as bmx, longboarding, magic, extreme card manipulation, etc. Oh and not that its any consilation, but my old friend who still lives next door is actually homosexual and came out of the closet over 2 years ago.

7. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 05:21:58

@spenspinner just a notice, if you troll in the subsection, you're gonna hear from me sooner or later. manipulative arts is pretty much what i've dedicated my life to, so try not to say things to provoke people like me. side note: its not really proven that skate boarding has more variety and involves more skill. try combining gymnastics, free running, and in line skating and you'll find something equally as complex and endless variety. lastly, if your neighbor actually is homosexual, please do not use that joke so lightly. i apologize for the misunderstanding if there was one, but once again, a troll in this subforum will definitely receive an upset post from me.

8. spenpinner
    Date: Fri, Aug 17 2012 06:59:22

i'll make sure to remember that then. and that does sound equally challenging, maybe harder, but skateboarding has already filled up my heart and i just find it to look more stylish. And the reason why i pointed out that my neighbor was gay was just because of the irony that he inlined and then turned out to be gay. The joke itself, though, is just something that almost all skaters throw around these days. Okay well, thanks for the warning.