UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Cow DC

1. Cow
    Date: Sat, Aug 11 2012 09:32:14

Hi people, this is Cow bringing you my first pen mod tutorial (as well as being my first post on these forums sorta). Ungripped Version: Gripped Version: This was originally a mod only shared with my closer friends who thought it was good but I decided to just try sharing this mod with the rest of the community, so yeah hope you guys like it :) Its rather heavy yet it has a slim comssa body which (in my opinion) gives it a good spinning feel. Also it feels (and looks) great even without grips! Anyway yeah let's just get into it~ =========================== Stats: =========================== [B]Cow DC[/B] COG = COP Length: 20cm Weight: About 16/17 grams Style: Double-sided Writing-Mechanism: No ink Estimated-Cost: Apx. S$10-S$15 (can be cheaper if using spare parts) =========================== Materials List: =========================== 4x Uniball Signo Tips 2x Rikota Highlighters 1x Comssa Body 2x Zebra Mildliner Highlighters Dr Grip Grips (Optional) Sailor Grips (Optional) Pliers for pulling Knife for cutting Teflon tape for uh taping Ruler for ruling :D okay I mean measuring~ *lame* =========================== Tutorial: ===========================

Spoiler Step 1: Remove the backplug from your comssa pen and measure 3.8cm from the top of the marker. Step 2: Using a knife, cut 3.8cm off the front of the comssa. You should be left with the body. Step 3: Dismantle your rikota highlighters. Discard the body and ink tube. You should be left with 2 backplugs and 4 caps. You will need both backplugs and 2 caps. Discard of keep the remaining two caps. Step 4: Take your zebra mildliners, and remove the clip on the big cap. You should be left with the caps with a little nub. Step 5: Cut off the nubs on the zebra mildliner cap. Step 6: This is where you start making the caps for the mod. Gather your mildliner cap, rikota backplug and cap, and 2 signo tips. Push two signo tips into the mildliner cap, followed by the rikota cap, then the rikota backplug. It should look something like this. Step 7: Wrap teflon tape around the rikota backplug and insert it into the comssa body. Step 8: Repeat steps 6-7 to make the other cap, and there you have it~~ (Optional) Step 9: Cut two rings of sailor grip and push it onto the mildliner cap, followed by 1.5cm of dr grip grip, and another 2 rings of sailor grip. Do so for both caps.
    =========================== Q/A: =========================== Q: The mildliner cap is loose on the rikota cap, what should I do?? A: Wrap some teflon tape around the top of the rikota cap. Q: The mod is too heavy! A: Use 1 signo tip per cap instead of 2. Q: I used 1 signo tip and the weight is perfect, but its rattling! A: Wrap some tape around the signo tip so it fits snugly into the mildliner cap. Thanks for reading my tutorial, please review and comment as well, I'd greatly appreciate that! :D

2. SkyRT
    Date: Sat, Aug 11 2012 09:42:50

Nice way to use mildliner big cap. Hardly seen anyone using it be4 :D

3. SuperVValrus
    Date: Sun, Aug 12 2012 03:26:33

Very nice mod and tutorial! Too bad I have none of the parts necessary to make it. :(

4. ItsNick
    Date: Sun, Aug 12 2012 16:47:17

Well nice mod but i think @Cow u can put some insert on rikota cap i guess Impressive but i dun hv the material D:

5. Colbyy
    Date: Sun, Aug 12 2012 16:54:07

Good job! The only thing I don't have is a zebra midliner.

6. Pixels
    Date: Sun, Aug 12 2012 17:01:39

cool mod :) i also used mildliner caps for my white bspc.

7. Cow
    Date: Mon, Aug 13 2012 13:45:17

@Erza thanks for the suggestion, I did consider putting an insert but it seemed kinda weird for some reason! Maybe I'll find some nice cow patterns to use so it fits the name more haha! And thanks again everyone, feels great to have some positive feedback from the community! :D

8. Demon
    Date: Mon, Aug 13 2012 14:01:13

u might wanna to put another mildliner cap where the transparent area is so it doesn't look weird imo lol maybe u could use the body.

9. Cow
    Date: Mon, Aug 13 2012 14:05:07

Well I am considering putting an insert or at least some black tape on the transparent part to make it have more uh.. Design? I don't really understand what you mean by using the body though o.O

10. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Mon, Aug 13 2012 14:07:05

The comssa body you cut off

11. Demon
    Date: Mon, Aug 13 2012 14:22:07

lol no the mildliner could be used to cover up the transparent area or smth

12. Cow
    Date: Mon, Aug 13 2012 14:29:53

Oh okay I think I get it now.. Personally I feel the transparent part gives it a little "uniqueness". And I think it'd be easier to just put some black or white tape to cover up the transparent part, which would still let it retain the original feel of the mod I guess. Plus if I used the mildliner over the transparent area (if that's what you're suggesting), I think it would kinda make it have some odd shape. Unless you mean something else of course.

13. HenryS
    Date: Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:21:55

Too bad now i am not at SG or else i can get the parts for this cool mod