UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Red pill or blue pill?

1. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 13:00:54

One of my favorite movies is "The Matrix." It is a science fiction movie. Near the beginning of the movie the main character (Neo) is asked is he wants to learn about what happened to him. "You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes." -Morpheus He takes the red pill and learns of the terrible truth. I don't sent to say to too much so I will just get to the point. Which would you pick? I would pick red out of curiosity of what would happen.

2. strat1227
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 13:11:05

I don't need drugs to see the truth :lol: Nah but really this question doesn't actually mean much ... I guess it's happiness vs "truth" type question, but without actual specifics it's kind of meaningless If you're asking what I'd do if actually in that exact situation, no way in hell I'm taking either pill from some random black dude lol

3. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 13:38:01

strat1227 wrote: I don't need drugs to see the truth :lol: Nah but really this question doesn't actually mean much ... I guess it's happiness vs "truth" type question, but without actual specifics it's kind of meaningless If you're asking what I'd do if actually in that exact situation, no way in hell I'm taking either pill from some random black dude lol
    but its morgan freeman

4. Walkaz
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 15:38:45

take both of them =))

5. astronaut
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 16:16:28

strat1227 wrote: I don't need drugs to see the truth :lol: Nah but really this question doesn't actually mean much ... I guess it's happiness vs "truth" type question, but without actual specifics it's kind of meaningless If you're asking what I'd do if actually in that exact situation, no way in hell I'm taking either pill from some random black dude lol
    It actually means this: The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are pop culture symbols representing the choice between the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue) and embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality (red). I now realize how stupid of a thread this is.

6. crinix
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 17:04:16

I'd choose staying in the Matrix. Cypher is my man.

7. neXus
    Date: Fri, Aug 10 2012 21:59:33

Blue.

8. Krypton
    Date: Sat, Aug 11 2012 05:19:49

astronaut wrote: It actually means this: The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are pop culture symbols representing the choice between the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue) and embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality (red). I now realize how stupid of a thread this is.
    I'd go with red. You don't live forever anyway, might as well deal with the truth.

9. Soren
    Date: Tue, Jan 1 2013 01:12:56

As a young philosopher I will take the red pill and venture out the cave of Plato's allegory.