UPSB v4

Off-topic / Early Drivers

1. Colin
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 05:02:08

Yeah..so I hope what you mean by "early drivers". So, its around my 1st month into driving with a permit. And honestly, I think I'm pretty decent for my first couple of tries. BUT, when something comes up (ambulance trucks coming my way, driving too slow), I panick like FUCK. Like, my driving becomes wreckless. Partly due to my dad's "COLIN!!!!1! EASY. GOD FUCK". Im not taking any lessons yet, partly due to terrible availability. But, are there any tips that'll help me steady myself? Any help'll be appreciated :\

2. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Aug 8 2010 06:23:32

Everybody on the road is blind.

3. Resonance
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 20:18:23

I'm not sure how stuff works in the states, but here you have to take lessons to get a license. those helped me feel more confident on the road... don't have a license yet, but I'm hoping to get one soon (by the end of august, if all works well)

4. k2
    Date: Mon, Aug 9 2010 20:55:33

to be honest, you just have to practice. for emergency vehicles, keep your eyes in front of you and pull over if the vehicle needs to pass, or slow down a bit if it's going in the opposite direction, if it's a continuous siren it's not after you so there's nothing to worry about. As for speed, when driving keep your eyes on the road, but check your speed every so often. As for speeding, if you wanna go a certain speed, just accelerate to that speed and keep your foot in that position. It's that easy, if you're worried about slowing down, just go a few mph faster, and so if your foot slides back without you knowing you'll still be going the minimum mph. here's one way to help yourself, if you get driven ANYWHERE. Drive there yourself, and drive back. If you're already doing this, then sorry for wasting your time. But when I first got my permit, wherever I needed to be, like a friend's house, the park, etc. I drove there. Even if it's going to someone's house to pick something up, YOU drive there. This will give you more road time and allow you to adjust to being on the road. After that speed limits and emergency vehicles will be no problem at all. Well I hope this helps. Good luck with driving.

5. Kirby
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:45:42

Know that Emergency vehicles and other things that make you panic, are pro drivers and even if you're not driving perfect, they will adjust because they're that pro.

6. CrackerJack
    Date: Mon, Aug 30 2010 21:01:50

My older brother said he had the same problem. He just watched and did exactly what the other cars were doing. pretty obvious and im not sure if this is much help, but it worked for him.

7. Aries
    Date: Tue, Sep 7 2010 07:35:18

Driving isn't hard. People just get lazy/careless with safety, including me. It's just a tendency. The sitch with your dad happens to everyone. You're so scared for your life and your Dad only escalate's that making you panic. No worries man, things will get easier.

8. whysosrs
    Date: Wed, Sep 15 2010 04:02:19

Dude, if you relax, nothing will happen. I guarantee. If you can't even relax, eat some shrooms and ride that 4-wheeled unicorn to the other side of the rainbow.

9. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 21:22:41

lol I'm still on my permit too. I find it easier if you just go slowly. Be careful though, 'cuz no one on the road actually follows the rules.

10. Sankaku
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 21:36:23

I recently scraped the fender of my car against a pillar in a parking lot. At least $1000 to repair. Hooray. Idk.

11. Tetsip
    Date: Tue, Sep 21 2010 21:37:44

Also, california driving is fucking scary ._.

12. neix
    Date: Wed, Sep 22 2010 00:07:02

happens to every1 when they start driving..