UPSB v4

Collaboration Organization/Signups / Anti-Gravity CV

1. Deveroux
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 15:31:01

Hey guys! The idea behind this collab is to give spinners an opportunity to be more creative in their combos by allowing them to do things that are extremely difficult to do when spinning normally. In order to do that, we have to lower the effect of one variable (gravity). And how do we do that? that's entirely up to you. One way is to use water. So basically what I'm looking for are videos of spinners creating unique combos by utilizing a lowered affect of gravity. Note: if you do use water you do not have to be fully submerged when filming your combo. Filtering: maybe, depends on how many will join Video length: 10-30 seconds Deadline: September 1st 2012 ( may be extended) Please pm me the youtube links (and also make them unlisted) Note: participating in this collab means that you may be submerging a mod underwater. I am not 100% aware of how water will affect each different type of mods. If you choose to participate in this collab you take FULL responsibilty of what happens to your mod. I have warned you so I don't want any messages from people whining that their mod broke. I advise using something easy to make/replace. Spinners: Deveroux PSer130 Xienix Marlen fang

2. PSer130
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 19:39:53

/in

3. Sekai
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 20:08:44

Im pretty sure i can/there are spinners who can do better/harder stuff without the 'underwater effect' thing o.รณ

4. Deveroux
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 20:29:51

Well it's just an interesting idea I wanted to experiment with. Maybe if it works out I'll try something else like spinning upside down (changing direction of gravity) or something like that. It's purely for fun.

5. LightSpinner
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 21:33:16

This might look and be amazing, or it might fail horribly.

6. Deveroux
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 21:47:07

@LightSpinner yeah, that's how it usually goes when you do something no ones ever really done. But yeah, I think it's worth the risk.

7. SuperVValrus
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 22:27:47

I would but i cant film under water. D:

8. Deveroux
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 22:47:50

@SuperVValrus you could try an aerial camera angle where your camera (or other filming mechanism) stays out of the water while it still gets a good view of you spinning. I think you'd have to use a stand in that case though, it seems difficult to hold up with one hand while spinning. Well it's an idea at least, don't know how people are actually going to film it.

9. vertaz
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 23:53:19

I've tried spinning under water before, but I was stupid and I spun a pen with ink in it, and well you can guess what happened... Also, one problem I had was that the pen I spun was buoyant and it kept floating to the top, so make sure you spin pens that are about neutral.

10. Xienix
    Date: Thu, Aug 2 2012 15:37:21

@Deveroux /in did you read my PM?

11. Marlen
    Date: Thu, Aug 2 2012 17:01:30

/in

12. Deveroux
    Date: Thu, Aug 2 2012 20:50:51

@Xienix no I haven't recieved one from you.

13. Deveroux
    Date: Tue, Aug 7 2012 12:39:05

Bump

14. Deveroux
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 01:48:55

Bump

15. Raos
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 13:28:40

so hows is one supposed to film with for this? Underwater camera?

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 15:49:41

Stop bumping the thread dev, the reason nobody is going in for it is because it ruins peoples mods and is ridiculous to get in position and film for.

17. fang
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 16:00:25

I can try what, but I am not sure if it will work out. This is a very hard "creative" collab to start with....

18. Deveroux
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 20:26:53

@fang I wouldn't call it a hard collab but it is a bit far into the creative field. I wasn't thinking about it at the time but when I came up with the idea, I may have passed the boundary at which people feel comfortable spinning at.

19. fang
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 20:57:58

Well, to make a collab video with any-gravity. I just cannot come up with something else than spinning under water. I think that makes it to hard to be creative about. [edit] I know something to do, but I am not sure how it will work out. (Even though the idea is very simple) I have to say you have a very good explanation about the questions. And I am finaly glad someone make a creative collab. [2Edit] Wait, I just read the part about under water. But I would love to try to make an ant-gravity combo without water.

20. Deveroux
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 21:19:50

@fang Well the main point of the creative collabs that I'm coming up with ideas for is to make a scenario that is either unfamiliar or different from what most spinners usually do. This is just more of an experimental thing to see how people can take advantage of scenarios like this to create elaborate combos that can't or is extremely difficult to do normally. Now with this collab in particular, water is a way of creating a low to no gravity situation very easily for most people. Of course there are other ways of creating gravity free spaces to spin such as while skydiving (speed of fall may be enough to temporarily reduce gravity) or in space. There are probably other ways but for the most part those other methods would either be extremely difficult or costly to do. But if you do have an idea of how to create a reduced gravity area without using water, please tell me. The use of water in this collab was listed as a specification because I had no better methods of creating a reduced gravity field. If you were to give me a better idea of creating one, I could change this collab as to make the underwater spinning optional since I this collab was originally structured on the idea of spinning in reduced gravity, not underwater.

21. fang
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 21:39:37

@Deveroux (nice name btw) I understand where you want to go with this. And what you mean. But what I want to do when I hear this. I wanne go play with grafitiy. Create illusions. So let me do my part and maybe I can give you an awesome combo!~ ^_^

22. Deveroux
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 21:49:13

@fang alright. I'll extend the perameters for the collab a bit to give you some leeway on that. But just to clarify, you're /in'ing right? [Edit] Alright, i've updated the collab info so you'll be able to try some fancy stuff. Good Luck!

23. fang
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 21:59:48

Yeah I am /in, and thanks.

24. x3silver
    Date: Sun, Sep 2 2012 12:54:03

I dropped my iPhone into the swimming pool while filming :(