UPSB v4

Single Member & Tag Videos / s777 penspinning 6 years solo

1. PoinT
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 16:23:31

[video=youtube;bP94DxGQsqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP94DxGQsqM[/video]

2. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 18:03:27

:O

3. Alex
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 18:06:42

Fail :facepalm: this thread was posted twice

4. astronaut
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 20:31:17

Thank you soo much for posting this. I seriously thought he quit. My summer was staying in all day watching reruns on TV until the Olympics came. Now I can watch this coninuosly without getting bored. S777 got a new DC comssa and a black rushon mod. He did some impossible stalls. He also invented his 3rd bakfall variation. The first 2 were bakfall 1.5 and inverse bakfall. He spun his S777 MX for a little, during that he did a pun kan for the first time. And at the end he spun a blue mod that he used in the video: Spinnerpeem when he wakes up in the morning. S777 is to me as Menowa is to Eurcracy.:clap:

5. ChainBreak
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 21:51:33

I think the black pen is a Monami Plus-Pen and the blue mod is Near Mx.

6. MickChickenn
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 21:52:39

astronaut wrote: Thank you soo much for posting this. I seriously thought he quit. My summer was staying in all day watching reruns on TV until the Olympics came. Now I can watch this coninuosly without getting bored. S777 got a new DC comssa and a black rushon mod. He did some impossible stalls. He also invented his 3rd bakfall variation. The first 2 were bakfall 1.5 and inverse bakfall. He spun his S777 MX for a little, during that he did a pun kan for the first time. And at the end he spun a blue mod that he used in the video: Spinnerpeem when he wakes up in the morning. S777 is to me as Menowa is to Eurcracy.:clap:
    Read the description of this video before you get too excited. s777 did quit (as well as one can quit psing).

7. Kyoflow
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 22:06:02

good to see a vid coming from s777. especially with all the amazing new concepts and better video quality lol. but this doesnt seem to be the same s777...not as smooth and as perfectly executed as his older videos. his style has also changed quite a bit. hopefully we get to see more vids out of him once in awhile.

8. astronaut
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 22:48:21

@MickChickenn The description did say he quit, which I already guessed because he hasn't made a video in almost a year. I was excited because he made a video. It also said in the description that he may or may not make another in a year. So that is kind of a let down, but I was excited because he is my favorite spinner, kinda like how Menowa is eurocracy's favorite spinner.

9. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 22:55:12

astronaut wrote: @MickChickenn The description did say he quit, which I already guessed because he hasn't made a video in almost a year. I was excited because he made a video. It also said in the description that he may or may not make another in a year. So that is kind of a let down, but I was excited because he is my favorite spinner, kinda like how Menowa is eurocracy's favorite spinner.
    Did someone say menowa? (sun)

10. vertaz
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:09:21

Too bad he is quitting. Probably one of the most amazing spinners to watch with his unique style :/

11. SuperVValrus
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:21:38

astronaut wrote: @MickChickenn The description did say he quit, which I already guessed because he hasn't made a video in almost a year. I was excited because he made a video. It also said in the description that he may or may not make another in a year. So that is kind of a let down, but I was excited because he is my favorite spinner, kinda like how Menowa is eurocracy's favorite spinner.
    Loled at ur profile pic.

12. astronaut
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:25:15

@vertaz his style is like bonkura's style. But he did things that bonkura didn't do like beat Eriror in a WT.

13. astronaut
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:30:03

@SuperVValrus it was KTrinh93 failing the thumb around in "Every pen spinner's dream" :P

14. SuperVValrus
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:41:34

astronaut wrote: @SuperVValrus it was KTrinh93 failing the thumb around in "Every pen spinner's dream" :P
    I know. thats why its funny.

15. ZappyJ^
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 01:47:35

Come back S777

16. TerryAngX
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 07:15:21

he damn pro man, is this the full or just sneak peek ??

17. Apocalyptic Shadows
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 07:23:47

O_o wut did I just see?

18. neoknux_009
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 07:55:14

not sure he actually quit forever. Saying he's not coming back to pen spinning could mean either: A. He is not coming back competitively B. He is not coming back soon C. He is not coming back ever. option c sounds odd because he says he would "see you in 1 year" . Unless he's going to do another hobby and put it in his channel or come back in a year to say hi...it doesn't make sense. To me "see you in 1 year" sounds like he will probably make another pen spinning video possibly in a year. But defintely it doesnt look like he'll be coming back competitively...the curse of the world champions.... ========== other than that, everyone is saying is style has changed....well its hard to say. Most probably it is rusty, but the way the video description was layed out, im pretty sure he just taped this in a couple of days. His emphasis was not smoothness but clearly creativity and being adventurous, which i loved anyway x) <3 s777 .

19. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 10:48:06

There would be no way of beating him in a competitive tournament if he came back, the difficulty level of those new combos is completely ridiculous. Not even fel2fram or supawit has that level of difficulty and control. He is the best spinner in the world still.

20. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 11:02:29

eurocracy wrote: There would be no way of beating him in a competitive tournament if he came back, the difficulty level of those new combos is completely ridiculous. Not even fel2fram or supawit has that level of difficulty and control. He is the best spinner in the world still.
    level of control - i guess that's kinda true, level of difficulty - the 2p1h stuff isn't that hard, pashas was doing that level of 2p1h back in 2007-ish with mx's, and s777's combos in his newest videos are (logically) below his wt11 level in basically every aspect, which is unsurprising given he probably doesn't practice much nowadays -all speculation derp- amazing video though for someone who is 'retired' ofc x)

21. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 15:57:12

Holy crap. When you mentioned me in that post, everybody quoted the mention when they posted, so I logged on and had three notifactions. I thought everybody was all pissed at me for something I posted!

22. astronaut
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 16:31:48

MickChickenn wrote: Holy crap. When you mentioned me in that post, everybody quoted the mention when they posted, so I logged on and had three notifactions. I thought everybody was all pissed at me for something I posted!
    I didn't make that post to be mean. Nevertheless I don't want any guff with you. All is forgiven in the great sanctum of UPSB:beer: .

23. BeyondEminence
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 17:14:23

My word..... I was in tears after watching this... :bowdown:

24. Frip
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 18:19:38

well this is exquisite

25. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Aug 1 2012 21:12:33

astronaut wrote: I didn't make that post to be mean. Nevertheless I don't want any guff with you. All is forgiven in the great sanctum of UPSB:beer: .
    NONONONO!!!! I thought, before I got to this thread, that somehow everybody was pissed at me, because I had 3 mentions. I was happy when I saw a calm post as a reply.

26. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Thu, Aug 2 2012 09:43:52

i.suk wrote: level of control - i guess that's kinda true, level of difficulty - the 2p1h stuff isn't that hard, pashas was doing that level of 2p1h back in 2007-ish with mx's, and s777's combos in his newest videos are (logically) below his wt11 level in basically every aspect, which is unsurprising given he probably doesn't practice much nowadays -all speculation derp- amazing video though for someone who is 'retired' ofc x)
    Those stalls are a difficulty level to the extreme, I mean. As well as the 2p1h concepts, some are new at least. Also, what body does that black rushon mod use? It's not S360 but s360 does work well for colored rushons.

27. ChainBreak
    Date: Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:17:10

it's probably not a black rushon, but a monami pluspen. The caps look like it's a pluspen, after all Rushon caps are pretty big compared to the ones in the video. Also the body looks very thin which makes it more likely to be a pluspen to me.