UPSB v4

Linkages & Combos / linkages...combos?

1. agillitrhiz
    Date: Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:30:45

linkages and combos,what are the differences,isn't it still trying to combine some moves and make it like...into one?

2. Demon
    Date: Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:33:48

linkages are how u link a trick from one to another

3. mapjay
    Date: Sun, Jul 29 2012 10:39:19

Linkages are mini-combos. As twine would say, think of a combo as a linkage of linkages. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. vertaz
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 22:11:39

From what I've it seems as if they are pretty much the same thing with the most notable exception being that linkages are shorter. Some linkages can stand by themselves, however, they are much shorter that most combos which usually feature more than one linkage. Also, combos have a much more logical progression (beginning -> middle -> end) while linkages are just a series of tricks that are linked together. A good metaphor would be a computer program with a class(which would be the combo), which is composed of separate methods (linkages), which in turn have statements (tricks) that perform each function. So linkages (like methods) are just logical pieces into which a combo can be broken down into for practice purposes and for use in other combos.

5. Kyoflow
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 22:52:39

@vertaz nice to see you posting on the board :P and thats a pretty thorough explanation. combos=linkage of linkages. linkage=linkage of tricks. simple as that lol

6. vertaz
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:31:45

I wrote that post while doing my computer programming homework ... lol

7. agillitrhiz
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 12:38:33

@Kyoflow so...a linkage is a shortened combo?(so wads dis:demon sonic>fingerpass 12 12>neosonic>fingerless ta reverse>bakfall)

8. Kyoflow
    Date: Fri, Aug 3 2012 17:47:16

agillitrhiz wrote: @Kyoflow so...a linkage is a shortened combo?(so wads dis:demon sonic>fingerpass 12 12>neosonic>fingerless ta reverse>bakfall)
    Lol well finger pass and bak fall aren't really single tricks...so that seems more like a short combo to me You may want to ask someone like zombo who's an expert on naming things

9. agillitrhiz
    Date: Mon, Aug 6 2012 06:30:47

lol...kays

10. Switcher
    Date: Mon, Sep 3 2012 00:05:05

lol