UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / RSVP Colors Tint

1. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Sun, Jul 29 2012 00:04:29

I broke my Tonnam G3's Tinted RSVP cap recently and I realized that the newer one had a lighter tint. Do you think with age, the cap tints more or that the new ones have a lighter tint? It made a huge difference cause now the tips shine through the cap, ruining the awesomeness :facepalm: @PenwisH If you could check the ones you have in stock if there are any differences? If not, that's ok also. Thanks!

2. flaming oracle
    Date: Sun, Jul 29 2012 00:57:00

ShadrCom3t wrote: I broke my Tonnam G3's Tinted RSVP cap recently and I realized that the newer one had a lighter tint. Do you think with age, the cap tints more or that the new ones have a lighter tint? It made a huge difference cause now the tips shine through the cap, ruining the awesomeness :facepalm: @PenwisH If you could check the ones you have in stock if there are any differences? If not, that's ok also. Thanks!
    it may just be the factory error or somethin since ive noticed that some rsvp caps arent too strong and they randomly break from whatever happened since sometimes rsvp engrave texts some are easier that others to get off some are a pain to get off that or maybe there could be a diffrence if so thats interesting

3. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Mon, Jul 30 2012 17:55:57

I hope the darker tint (the older one) ISN'T a factory error ._.' Hopefully I can find an answer. I might just buy another pack of them...

4. Colbyy
    Date: Mon, Jul 30 2012 18:13:22

ShadrCom3t, was your name NightShad3 before?

5. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 00:46:25

lol yes, but not proud of it at all. I was an immature noob until the crash straightened me up. :sleep: /rant

6. PenwisH
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 01:56:07

@ShadrCom3t What do you want me to find out exact? Also it's not uncommon to have a slightly different tint each time pentel or pilot does a production run. Color accuracy isn't 100% important to them

7. ShadrCom3t
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 02:03:23

PenwisH wrote: @ShadrCom3t What do you want me to find out exact? Also it's not uncommon to have a slightly different tint each time pentel or pilot does a production run. Color accuracy isn't 100% important to them
    Oh ok, that does answer my question then. I was gonna ask you to get about 10 black tinted RSVP caps and see if there's any difference between them (but as you said, there would.) I'll just get another pack in the future.